PDA

View Full Version : Anand Lal Shimpi sai do jornalismo

Winjer
31-08-14, 09:36
Anand Lal Shimp, fundador do site Anandtech anunciou que se vai retirar do jornalismo de hardware e sair da Anandtech. O motivo é simples, apenas para perseguir outros projectos.

Há cerca de 10 anos atrás quando queria comprar um PC dei com o site dele e li várias das suas análises. Graças a ele, não só ganhei um certo gosto em relação ao hardware, o qual mantenho até hoje, como também aprendi muita coisa sobre informática. Entretanto vi muitos outros sites e jornalistas de hardware a surgirem no mercado, mas o Anandtech continuou a ser um dos meus pontos de referência.

http://anandtech.com/show/8456/the-road-ahead

On April 26, 1997, armed with very little actual knowledge, I began to share what I had with the world on a little Geocities site named Anand’s Hardware Tech Page. Most of what I knew was wrong or poorly understood, but I was 14 years old at the time. Little did I know that I had nearly two decades ahead of me to fill in the blanks. I liked the idea of sharing knowledge online and the thought of building a resource where everyone who was interested in tech could find something helpful. That’s the short story of how I started AnandTech. There’s a lot more to it involving an upgrade to the AMD K6, a PC consulting business I ran for 2 years prior and an appreciation for writing that I didn’t know I had - but that’s the gist.
I’m 32 now. The only things that’ve been more of a constant in my life than AnandTech are my parents. I’ve spent over half of my life learning about, testing, analyzing and covering technology. And I have to say, I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.
But after 17.5 years of digging, testing, analyzing and writing about the most interesting stuff in tech, it’s time for a change. This will be the last thing I write on AnandTech as I am officially retiring from the tech publishing world. Ryan Smith (@RyanSmithAT (https://twitter.com/RyanSmithAT)) is taking over as Editor in Chief of AnandTech. Ryan has been working with us for nearly 10 years, he has a strong background in Computer Science and he’s been shadowing me quite closely for the past couple of years. I am fully confident in Ryan’s ability to carry the torch and pick up where I left off. We’ve grown the staff over the course of this year in anticipation of the move. With a bunch of new faces around AnandTech, all eager to uphold the high standards and unique approach to covering tech, I firmly believe the site can continue to thrive for years to come.

Sonas
31-08-14, 09:47
Uma pena, só espero que continue a mesma sem ele... Tb estou sempre atento ao que escrevem no anandtech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winjer
31-08-14, 10:16
Sim, o site continua sem ele. O chefe passa a ser o Ryan Smith.

Jorge-Vieira
31-08-14, 12:05
O Anandtech é um dos sites de referencia para mim. Ja o leio ha bastantes anos.
Espero que as reviews continuem com a mesma qualidade que jornalista Anand nos habituou, sempre fui um entusiasta do hardware e graças a ele fui sempre aprendendo mais um pouquinho.

tiran
31-08-14, 13:10
Por acaso é dos sites que mais consulto... Como todos os outros esta sujeito à pressão comercial, mas gosto... :D

Que tenha sucesso nos nossos projectos...

Winjer
01-09-14, 14:28
Já se sabe para onde vai a seguir.

Anand Lal Shimpi Announces Retirement, Departs AnandTech Heads To Apple (http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcochiappetta/2014/08/31/anand-lal-shimpi-announces-retirement-departs-anandtech/)

Sonas
01-09-14, 16:45
Big bucks ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk