Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DICE dev says Star Wars Battlefront trailer is ‘how it looks right now’ on PS4; Jedi are In, Planets Varied in Look and Behavior

Star Wars: Battlefront has been revealed with an incredible trailer that uses in-game assets, and according to the team at DICE as well as to people who have watched actual gameplay the game graphics look identical to those seen in the trailer. As can be seen in the screenshot above, previous reports were right as the gameplay actually appears quite similar to what we saw in the trailer.

Preorders for Star Wars: Battlefront are available for both the Standard and Deluxe versions. As producer Jesper Nielsen stated, gameplay will come in due time, so it would be safe to assume that the development diaries will lead up to that.
    Nielsen talked about character customization:
    “There’ll be more details on customization opportunities later, but I’ll share our challenge: of course it’s great to give people opportunities to customize their appearances, but when you work with Star Wars, consider how many people you upset if you start breaking the canon?
    There’s a lot of passionate fans out there how analyze even the tiniest details, and can direct ample critique if we do something different from OT just for the sake of making it different. We want this to be a very, very authentic Star Wars game, and we have had to take that into account for everything we wanted to do customization wise.
    Challenging, but possible to work with : )”
    Nielsen continues to talk about the content of Star Wars: Battlefront and the fun that the Star Wars universe can provide for players.
    “This right here is the problem. We have very early on stated that we are rebooting the franchise, and this means that there will be changes. If you have this mindset, of course you will feel disappointed. I’m just surprised at the reactions since we’ve said that we’re starting “fresh” and from scratch for a while.
    Nothing has been “removed” – this is a new start.
    Also, on your list you do have at least a few errors I can point out: – There are more than 8 map – There is not a traditional SP campaign, but the “Missions” are filling that gap – Regarding classes, there will be more info about stuff in that area later
    I’m also not saying that it being SW automatically makes it fun. The great gameplay is what makes it fun. Space battles or GC or any of the other things you mention won’t automatically make it fun either.
    Fun is not something you achieve by getting a certain list of features done. Fun can be achieved by even the smallest of games. If you want to discuss fun and the amount of features in the same sentence, something is just not right.
    Regarding the AT-AT’s; I don’t think you can properly judge their “epicness” feeling just from knowing they’re on-rails. I understand the skepticism, but just don’t jump to conclusions.”

What we saw in the reveal trailer of Star Wars: Battlefront is how the game looks right now on the PS4

There could be some changes in the future as the community’ s feedback is being heard.
    “Some things are simpler to change than others, for sure. And we still have a lot of work ahead of us. People are definitely listening to feedback, and things are being discussed and sometimes experiments being made. However it’s far too early to say if it leads to any specific changes – but people are definitely listening!
    Nielsen also stated that what we saw, is how Star Wars: Battlefront looks right now on PS4 (and not just on superpowered production computers).

http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Wars: Battlefront Dev Promises No Content Has Been Held Back for DLC; The team is doing Everything to have a Smooth Launch

Producer Jesper Nielsen has been sharing feedback and information with the fans, providing some very interesting details for Star Wars: Battlefront.

Firstly he emphasised that the amount of content in the initial release of the game has nothing to do with DLC, and added that the game expands on the strengths of past Battlefront titles.
    “I cannot stress this enough; there will be more than 8 maps! : )
    Also, the amount of content in the game has absolutely zero to do with DLC. I can say that with all honesty.
    As for expanding on strengths of the previous games; I think most people will find that it does expand on the strengths of the previous games, when it comes to core gameplay and what the feeling of a Battlefront game is. Just my two cents.”
    Nielsen assures fans that nothing has been left out of the game to save it for the DLC.
    “No. Please don’t make me break what I can and cannot say, but if you think there’s anything we’re not including in the game to save it for DLC, I can tell you you’re 100% wrong. In this project, I’ve never heard anyone say “Let’s not do this for launch so we can do it as DLC instead”. Ever.”
    A lot of work has gone into making the planets feel amazing and it’s a matter of quality over quantity.
    “Correct. We want things to always feel authentic, and does put some limitations on what can and cannot be done. I think we’ve achieved a good balance here.”
    According to Nielsen the bar has been set very high on making planets look and feel “absolutely amazing.”
    “Oh, trust me, this is not a Battlefield re-skin. It’s using the Frostbite engine, yes, but not a lot of the Battlefield code. Day 1 was not “hey, let’s copy BF4 and work from that”. It was more like “hey, let’s make a new Frostbite game”.
    As for the four planets; a loooot of work has gone into making those four planets look and feel absolutely amazing. We’re setting some high bars here on what we want to achieve. You may disagree with that priority, but it’s really a quality vs quantity question.”

Nielsen explains that the team is doing everything it can to have everything running smoothly for the launch of Battlefront.

“I can’t predict the future. I can’t tell you exactly what the experience will be like day 1. I can tell you that our goal absolutely is to avoid issues, whether it’s game stability issues, load issues or something else. Trust me, we are working our hardest to ensure a smooth and pleasant release. But you be the judge when the day arrives. I completely understand people that don’t want to pre-order.”
    AT-AT are “pretty damn big” in the game, and he once aging emphasises the team’s dedication in providing a smooth product at launch.
    “The AT-AT’s? Pretty damn big! : )
    Regarding BF3/BF4; trust me, it’s talked about constantly. We’re not proud of anything where we screw up. We don’t want it to happen again, that’s for sure, and we are doing our best for it not to happen! I don’t want to make guarantees; game development is tough and very complex stuff to work with, but we focusing very, very hard on this.”
    It will be quite easy for players to choose their own path in Star Wars: Battlefront
    “First of all, there are offline play options. The Missions are playable offline. And the Missions have AI.

I don’t know why you want to simplify the game; it’s not just two teams fighting in a Star Wars setting. There’s a lot of details in the game design, controls, core features etc. that relates to the previous Battlefront games (mainly the original). I mean, just the fact that we’re doing both 1P and 3P is a testament of that. But a lot of the details are the smaller things, which are harder to explain but needs to be experienced, like how it feels to shoot in the game.
    Also, please stop with the reduced number of maps. We have more than 8 maps. How many have not been announced yet, but it’s more than 8. And we haven’t even talked about the area of classes yet; yes, we’re not doing classes, but as Figge mentioned in the interview, there’s something different which makes it easier for players to choose their own paths instead of pre-defined classes. I know you want all the details know, and they’re not there. But stop making conclusions based on assumptions and speculations; that’s not beneficial for anyone.
    Regarding what you call “deft maneuvering”; before I watch a movie, I’ve only really since short, very well-cut and exciting trailers. They are rarely representative of the movie as a whole. For an album, I’ve maybe heard that one hit single. In games, most often you actually do have the opportunity to experience the entire core part of the game before you have to make a purchase decision.”

There are many things we still don’t know about Star Wars: Battlefront, and new details will be revealed later to keep the excitement alive.

“Look, I agree. To some extent, all shooters are similar. Heck, to some extent, all games are similar. To my mom, all games are probably more or less the same, right? So it always depends on the person looking at it. I’m pretty sure a hardcore CS player would say the differences between CS and Battlefield or Halo or COD are like day and night. It’s always about the lens you use, how far you zoom in. To some people, the details matter less – to others they matter more.
    No matter what, these tiny details can still have a big impact on the game and be the recipe for success. This is what great game design is really about. There’s been tons of Mario clones or CS clones, etc., but only few games get it right, even though they on the surface look the same. The details in the execution matters – there can be no doubt about that (otherwise, that’s naive).
    As for what is or isn’t revealed yet; don’t jump to conclusions. Any marketing campaign wants to spread out the information flow up until game release to keep excitement strong. If we told everything about the game now and showed everything, most people would forget about it a few weeks from now.”
    Post-launch updates are still under discussion, but Nielsen assures that they will be staying involved with the game.
    “I really can’t comment on that, but that’s still stuff we’re discussing how to exactly handle. What I can say is that we’re not just going to release the game and then ignore it. We want people to keep playing it and that requires that we stay involved with it.”
    Nielsen also stated that the team wishes to expand on the first game with subsequent releases that wil keep on building on the strengths of the first title and keep on improving the formula.
    “Continue expanding? You do know that we are not taking the Battlefront 2 code, a now 10 year old game, but building a completely new game from scratch, with even more advanced and higher fidelity sound and graphics?
    Doing more isn’t always better. Maybe with time. But – and you would know this if you worked with game development – you can’t just cram everything into a single game. Or if you try to do, you may likely end up with a mess.
    I hope there will be many more Battlefront games, and if DICE continues to work on them, that we’ll continue to expand and improve. But this is not, from a development and production perspective, as simple as just taking Battlefront 2 and building upon that.”
    Star Wars: Battlefront will be released on November 17 2015 for the PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. We will bring you any new information as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check out our previous Star Wars: Battlefront coverage as well as the latest teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which opens in theaters on December 18. Be sure to check out our previous coverage on star Wars : Battlefront for more information about the game, here and here.

http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

GIF Master Avatar de tiran
    Registo
    Apr 2013
    Local
    Moscovo
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de Jorge-Vieira Ver Post
    Star Wars: Battlefront Dev Promises No Content Has Been Held Back for DLC; The team is doing Everything to have a Smooth Launch
    GOD OF AWESOME SIGNATURES - KING OF GIFS - TRIGGER OF TROLLS

Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dos mesmos gajos que durante a apresentação do BF4 juraram que o netcode ia ser melhor do que o do BF3..............
    Olha quantos bugs estão ainda no Hardline. Olha como o netcode do Hardline ainda é tão fraquinho.

Só acredita que for mesmo inocente.
    Ryzen R5 3700X / Noctua NH-D15 / B550 AORUS ELITE V2 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / Seasonic Focus GX 750W / Sabrent Q Rocket 2 TB / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb / Edifier R1700BT

Registo
    Apr 2013
    Local
    Moscovo
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vou-me rir daqui por uns tempos quando sairem os DLCs e o jogo vier todo mamado...

Como já disse... BF4 com skins star wars... Podem quotar...

Tech Veterano Avatar de MTPS
    Registo
    Oct 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Wars Premium...

Assustei-me quando reparei que o The Witcher consta da loja Origin...

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Wars Battlefront Devs “Feels Nothing Like Battlefield”; Space Battles Still Under Discussion

Star Wars Battlefront is continuing to be in the spotlight, as producer Jesper Nielsen continues talking with the Reddit community, sharing some information with the fans.

First of all, we get a comment on why the prequel trilogy and the Clone wars have been left out.
    “Sometimes you have to make choices, and those choices may be hard. We are the ones making the game and have to make hard choices sometimes. One of them was to focus solely on the Original Trilogy. The reasoning I’d rather have someone like Figge comment on.”
    He continues to explain that Battlefront feels nothing like Battlefield.
    “I can absolutely guarantee you that it feels nothing like Battlefield. That would be like saying Halo or COD feels like Battlefield. Or the original Battlefront games.”
    He mentions that the Battle of Jakku DLC will not include any single player missions.
    “Oh yeah! : )
    Ya know, all the details like that… just really makes the experience feel so rich.”
    Space battles might be coming in the future, as they have been discussed as having some very exciting prospects.
    “We have and are still discussing space every now and again. We know it has some very exciting prospects. So of course that would be fun to explore! When and if that will happen is impossible for me to say, but no, we’re not saying that space battles are evil and that we will never, ever touch them with a ten-foot pole.”

The majority of ideas are made by the development team and not the higher-ups. Some features that might not make it into the game might be coming later with a DLC.
    “TBH, by far the majority of ideas and main decision-making is not made by higher-ups, but by the team. And yes, what you see in DLC is sometimes the result of things that you started thinking during the latter part of development.
    We have a word in development for constantly adding new features: it’s called feature creep and it’s absolutely paramount to avoid that in the latter stages if you want to build a good game. It’s hard though! But as you will quickly learn as you embark on game development; the truly hard part is finishing and shipping the game.”
    He then gave his insight on the replayability of single player missions:
    “What I will say is… I haven’t tried every single mission yet and obviously we’re not done with the game yet, but from what I have played, I think they offer some great experiences and I think for at least some missions, they will have great replayability.”
    As it was mentioned in our previous coverage Nielsen emphasised that no content was saved for the DLC, but he was asked whether that was except guns and maps, to which he replied:
    “Nope. Except for nothing.”
    Lead Level Designer Dennis Brännvall, when asked about invisible walls while flying, he replied:

J.T @silverstreakusa
    @DICE_FireWall will we have good area and height in atmosphere to dogfight in unlike the other games that had us slamming invisible walls?

Star Wars Battlefront will be released on November 17 2015 for the PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. We will bring you any new information as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check out our previous Star Wars Battlefront coverage as well as the latest teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which opens in theaters on December 18. Be sure to check out our previous coverage on star Wars : Battlefront for more information about the game, here and here.

Registo
    Apr 2013
    Local
    Moscovo
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battlefront Deluxe Edition...

Early access...exclusive weapons...exclusive contents... Battlepacks!

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de tiran Ver Post
    Battlefront Deluxe Edition...

Early access...exclusive weapons...exclusive contents... Battlepacks!
    Infelizmente, é garantido que vamos ter de levar com isso tudo.
    Tal como o Hardline, não me vejo a comprar este Battlefront 3 no lançamento.
    Ryzen R5 3700X / Noctua NH-D15 / B550 AORUS ELITE V2 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / Seasonic Focus GX 750W / Sabrent Q Rocket 2 TB / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb / Edifier R1700BT

Registo
    Apr 2013
    Local
    Moscovo
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de Winjer Ver Post
    Tal como o Hardline, não me vejo a comprar este Battlefront 3 no lançamento.

Comprar?

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rofl!

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Wars Battlefront is Not Just a Game, It’s a True Representation of the Star Wars Universe, It’s Art.

Star Wars Battlefront has been revealed with an incredible trailer that uses in-game assets, and according to the team at DICE as well as to people who have watched actual gameplay the game graphics look identical to those seen in the trailer.

Preorders for Star Wars Battlefront are available for both the Standard and Deluxe versions. As producer Jesper Nielsen stated, gameplay will come in due time, so it would be safe to assume that the development diaries will lead up to that.
    Nielsen explains regarding the BF4 issues:
    Yes, lots of passionate, hard-working people also worked on BF4, and it was hard for all to see the issues the game had as it went live. Rubbing salt into the wound doesn’t really help. We’re not a group of heartless robots that just want your money; we’re all decent human beings, working way more than we probably should, because we truly care about what we’re working on and want to create something millions enjoy.
    Some of the team members of Battlefield 4 are now working on Battlefront.
    True, but different teams (of course, some of the people working on BF4 are now working on Battlefront, but not all).
    The negativity surrounding Star Wars Battlefront will not affect the team as they feel very passionately about the project.

It won’t!
    This team is filled with passionate, hard-working people determined to create an amazing experience. Nothing can stop that

E3 is just around the corner, and EA will likely demonstrate Battlefront with some gameplay footage, which could probably put any worries that gamers might have at this point to rest. There are fans of the series that complain for the lack of space battles in Battlefront, while others are disappointed that there is no campaign. Some are not convinced that the actual gameplay could look as good as the trailer.
    While all of these arguments are valid, and so is the lack of content compared to the 2005 Battlefront 2, we must keep in mind that both the development costs as well as the development times have risen up exponentially. Delivering an experience with industry leading visual assets is a huge undertaking and should be treated as such. The team has managed to replicate the original films’ models and props with extraordinary detail, working closely with Lucasfilm and using resources in the Lucas archives together with photogrammetry to capture every little intricate feature in perfection.
    Star Wars Battlefront is not just a game, it’s a true representation of the Star Wars universe, it’s art.

The lack of a single player campaign is quite disappointing, but I can identify with the team’s decision not to include one. DICE is focusing on delivering an experience that puts the player into the Star Wars universe, to make them be a part of the story, without putting them in the shoes of a specific character. Having a storyline focused on specific characters could take away from the immersion. Taking part in missions that could be structured in a way that feels more original than a campaign could prove to be more effective, resulting in making the experience feel more like a ride rather than a strictly driven linear campaign.
    Star Wars Battlefront will be released on November 17 2015 for the PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. We will bring you any new information as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check out our previous Star Wars Battlefront coverage as well as the latest teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which opens in theaters on December 18. Be sure to check out our previous coverage on star Wars : Battlefront for more information about the game, here and here.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Best Star Wars Mods and Conversions Available

The release of DICE’s addition to the Star Wars Battlefront landscape is imminent, so it’s only natural to look at some of the better ways to experience the Star Wars universe in other less known ways. The modding community for many games can be quite large and very well supported, as we’ve seen with the upcoming Mass Effect Homeworld Remastered total conversion. And sometimes these additions can make bad games great and good games even better.

The best Star Wars mods and total conversions that you can play right now.

Star Wars: Warlords

What list wouldn’t be complete without one of the finer Homeworld 2 and soon to be Homeworld Remastered mods. Star Wars: Warlords adds a tremendous amount of content to an already stellar game. You’ll be able to have some very familiar ships from the trilogy and the prequels and pit them against each other. And no, that isn’t a moon, you can actually use the Death Star as well. 80 unique ships with high-resolution textures and fantastically done animations are included, letting you control the epic battles you’ve seen in the movies like you’ve always wanted to.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Wars Battlefront Dev on PS4: “We’re Really Able to Get the Maximum Out of the Hardware”

Star Wars Battlefront has been revealed with an incredible trailer that uses in-game assets, and according to the team at DICE as well as to people who have watched actual gameplay the game graphics look identical to those seen in the trailer.

There has also been a lot of doubt whether Star Wars Battlefront can actually look as good on consoles as the trailer was supposedly running on a PlayStation 4. The Developers stated that what we saw was actually how the game looked right now on the PS4.
    Senior Producer Sigurlína Ingvarsdóttir provided a bit more info regarding the PlayStation 4 version of Star Wars Battlefront on the latest episode of the PlayStation Blogcast.
    Ingvarsdóttir explains that the game looks so beautiful because of the hugely talented artists, and the photogrammetry tech that combines thousands of pictures together using a proprietary software, the power of the Frostbite engine and physically based rendering.
    There will also be additional music tracks created in the spirit of the original John Williams score, in order to extend the soundtrack.
    Ingvarsdóttir taks about the work of the team with PS4:

It’s been going pretty well, I would say. This is DICE’s second game out on the next gen consoles and out on PS4. We learned a lot on the previous title, BF4, and now we’re at the place that we feel like we’re getting more familiar with the hardware. We’re getting better results, we’re having a good collaborations with the engineers at Sony.
    I’d say we’re really being able to, as I think our gameplay video shows… We’re really able to get the maximum out of the hardware, and really able to sort of harness that power.

PlayStation Social Media Specialist Justin Massongill, who conducted the Q&A and saw the game in action, explains that the interface is very organic and functional, with PSN IDs showing on the screen when your teammates are close to you, but turning to just a dot when they get far away, in order to avoid cluttering the screen.
    Preorders for Star Wars Battlefront are available for both the Standard and Deluxe versions. As producer Jesper Nielsen stated, gameplay will come in due time, so it would be safe to assume that the development diaries will lead up to that.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Muito me ri com esta. O comentário no topo neste vídeo do IGN tem mais likes do que o próprio vídeo

Página 4 de 19 PrimeiroPrimeiro ... 2345614 ... ÚltimoÚltimo

Informação da Thread