Nintendo says its next-gen NX console is 'unique and different'

Nintendo is starting to talk more about its next-gen console, currently codenamed 'NX', with Nintendo's new president, Tatsumi Kimishima talking with Time recently.

Kimishima said: "As far as NX goes, I've said it's different and obviously a new experience. If you look back to the beginning of our conversation today, we talked about the transition from Wii hardware to the Wii U hardware and how difficult it is to explain to the consumer base what is different and new about the new hardware. It's difficult to convince them to switch from their current platform to the next platform".

If you thought that the NX would be a new, next-gen Wii or Wii U, you're wrong. Kimishima squashed those rumors, telling Time: "That being said, I can assure you we're not building the next version of Wii or Wii U. It's something unique and different. It's something where we have to move away from those platforms in order to make it something that will appeal to our consumer base".

As for the origins of the NX name, Kimishima added: "As for the codename NX, I don't believe that there's any real meaning behind it, and to be perfectly honest, I don't know where it came from. Or perhaps Mr. Iwata had meant to tell me and then never got the chance".

Noticia:
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/48776/...ent/index.html