Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bastion [PS4, PS Vita]

Bastion Developer Talks About Bastion PS4 and Shares His Thoughts on ID@Xbox Parity Clause And FPS/Resolution Concerns

In a recent interview with GamingBolt, Greg Kasavin from Supergiant Games talked about the PS4 version of Bastion, and also shared his opinion on Microsoft’s ID@Xbox Policy parity clause.

“I understand how from Microsoft’s perspective it may not be desirable to have a library of “hand-me-downs” from other platforms. It’s far less of an issue for AAA games because AAA games have the budgets and team sizes to ship their games simultaneously on many platforms, whereas for smaller developers, it can be almost impossible to go to every platform at the same time.”
    “Certainly that’s been true of us at Supergiant. At the same time, as a game player all I want is for my consoles of choice to have good, diverse lineups of games. I don’t care if they’re also available on other platforms as long as they’re great games for the console,” Kasavin stated.
    Kasavin also talked about his feelings towards the resolution and frame-rate issues that seem to be of great importance to many current -gen console owners.
    “I don’t have a take on it. I am in general against the act of diminishing or dismissing people’s feelings about things that are important to them. In the case of this particular debate, I think it’s reasonable for game players to expect great things from the current generation of consoles, especially given the long gap between console generations and the relative power and ease-of-use of modern-day gaming PCs.”

While gamers are deservedly concerned with resolution and performance in modern games, especially as Kasavin mentioned, because of the long gap between console generations, it can be argued that developers have a long way to go yet, in utilising the potential of the hardware found in the PS4 and Xbox One. Not entirely cutting edge, when compared to a PC, current-gen consoles can push great graphics when properly utilised.
    As developers get more accustomed to the development tools, that continually keep evolving, as well as new and more efficient APIs are being implemented, even the relatively weak hardware found in the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One can produce stunning results.
    Bastion releases on April 7 2015 for the PlayStation 4. It’s part of PlayStation’s Spring Fever sale, and PlayStation Plus members can get the game for $13.49 instead of the $14.99 original price. Bastion is an isometric action RPG in which players take control of The Kid.

http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overwatch’s Bastion footage breaks down playstyle

Although MOBAs might have their own rote features and gameplay elements designed to increase strategic options, one of the best aspects of them is that they give you a colourful stable of characters to pick from. This means they all have different abilities and more crucially, different roles within the team. This sort of unique character design crosses over into the FPS arena coming from Blizzard: Overwatch. While the first debut trailer put that idea in our head, we’re now getting a better look at some of the heroes, like Bastion, our robotic sentry turret friend.

Able to switch between different modes of battle, Bastion can be fully mobile as a scout, using his submachine gun to spray and pray as he rounds the corners. If he wants to lock down an area though, he can switch into sentry mode, whereby he gains a forward facing shield and a gatling gun capable of gunning down anything, regardless of their speed.
    To top it all off, there’s even a repair mode which allows Bastion to self-heal right in the field of battle. He will be immobile while doing so though.

As is evidenced by the video, Bastion can lay down a lot of firepower very quickly, especially if he has clear coverage of an area. He’s not the most mobile of heroes though, even when in full scout mode, so it’s worth remembering that he can’t do everything.
    Overwatch is being developed for Windows and Mac OS. Its release date has yet to be announced.
    Noticia:
    http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/develo...own-playstyle/
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Informação da Thread