Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boa noite,

Sim eu sei que é um passo intermédio. Eu é que como sou picuinhas imbico com estas tretas assim minimalistas. Para já o DDR3 1600 chega-me. Quando mudar será para DDR4 3200. Daqui até lá ainda devo meter mais 8GB DDR3 1600 e andar com 16GB durante algum tempo antes dessa mudança.

Quando mudar para DDR4 mudo também para PCI-E 4, vai tudo para 4 lol. Lá para... 2017,2018.

Cumprimentos.

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Core i5 6500 is the first sub-$200 Skylake

Replaces Intel Core i5 4590
    Skylake will show its face in August, for both the notebook and desktop markets, and we have some new information about the upcoming desktop parts.

Two cheapest desktop parts in the Core i5 league are called the Core i5 6500 and Core i5 6400. The Core i5 6500 will replace the Core i5 4590 processor and the new Skylake part will work at 3.2GHz. With the help of turbo it will reach 3.6 GHz with at least one of its cores. This is still a quad-core, four thread processor and it comes with 6MB of cache memory.
    The processor supports both DDR4 2133 and DDR3L 1600 RAM, and its graphics core works at up to 1050 MHz. This is a 65W TDP part, which is significantly better than 84W TDP with Core i5 4590.
    The Core i5 4590 has four cores 6MB cache and is clocked to 3.3GHz by default, and up to 3.6GHz with turbo. We expect that Core i5 6500 ends up at $202 for the box version and $192 for the tray version without a cooler.
    The slowest Core i5 version of Skylake is called Core i5 6400 and this one works at 2.7GHz, with turbo capability up to 3.3GHz. It still has 6MB of cache and supports DDR4 2133 and DDR3L 1600 but its graphics core is slowed down to 950MHz. This is still a 65W TDP processor that will end up even cheaper in retail. The Core i7 and Core i5 Haswell processors are expected to launch in Q3 2015, followed by Core i3 and Pentium version in Q4 2015.
    Noticia:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/news/process...ub-200-skylake
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intel sort of confirms 10nm is 2017

After Skylake comes the Lake 14nm
    Intel might have admitted that it will take a bit longer to get to 10nm, and it turns out that after the second generation 14nm Skylake, the next Intel CPU will be another 14nm design, not a 10nm part as many expected.

It is becoming more complicated to go from 22nm to 14nm and it turns out that going from 14nm to 10nm seems to be a bigger problem than people anticipated.
    The chaps from Computerworld have a few quotes where they claim that Intel CEO Brian Krzanich said that "Intel plans to produce its first 10-nanometer processors in the second half of 2017".
    We could not find this quote in the official Q2 2015 financial transcript, but he obviously said it somewhere.
    We did mention this delay some week ago as the next generation might be another 14nm processor codenamed Kaby Lake. It is expected that Kaby Lake will show its face as early as early Q1 2016, as Dell might in on time to ship some Kaby Lake-based enterprise notebooks in January 2016.
    Cannon Lake, a 10nm Skylake shrink, is now expected in 2017, which will mess up the tick – tock schedule and possibly put Moore's Law in jeopardy. We will try to double-check if Intel actually went on record and confirmed these delays. In about a month, Intel will hold its Intel Developers Forum 2015 in San Francisco, and we are quite sure that the company will talk about the future plans and improvements in Kaby Lake.
    It will be interesting to see if Intel is ready to show the first demo of a 10nm Cannon Lake but we will have to wait and see. It seems unlikely that they will show something that will ship in about 18+ months from now. After 10nm comes 7nm that you might see between late 2019 and 2020.
    Noticia:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/news/process...s-10nm-is-2017
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intel may cancel Xeon ‘Broadwell’ to speed up arrival of Xeon ‘Skylake’

Intel Corp. delayed introduction of consumer-oriented “Broadwell” processors by about a year due to issues with yields and the chips will not have a long life-cycle because the company introduces its all-new “Skylake” products in the coming months. However, the problems of “Broadwell” may be far worse as Intel is reportedly mulling to cancel introduction of Xeon chips based on the micro-architecture.
    Intel Xeon “Broadwell” disappear from the roadmap
    Intel traditionally launches server-class Xeon processors considerably later than client chips based on the same micro-architecture. This happens because before releasing new processors commercially, Intel and server makers need to ensure that the new central processing units work fine in different configurations, which requires a lot of tests and evaluations. According to the original plan, Intel intended to update its “Brickland” and “Grantley” server platforms with Xeon E7 v4 “Broadwell-EX” and Xeon E5 v4 “Broadwell-EP” microprocessors sometimes next year.

The new Xeon E5 v4 chips were originally set to feature up to 22 cores and the new Xeon E7 v4 central processing units were expected to have up to 24 cores. The microprocessors were designed to be drop-in compatible with existing platforms and were not supposed to bring a lot of innovations. Nonetheless, thanks to 14nm process technology and increased core-count, the Xeon “Broadwell” chips could increase performance and/or reduce power consumption.
    However, according to a report from BitsAndChips, the new processors may never make it to the market. The report claims that the products have simply disappeared from Intel’s most recent roadmaps.

The reasons for the cancellation are unclear, but there are speculations that the giant chipmaker may introduce its code-named “Purley” server platform based on “Skylake-EX” and “Skylake-EP” processors earlier than originally expected. Keeping in mind that “Purley” is a massive event for the whole industry – the biggest server platform leap in this decade – it is unlikely that Intel can really bring the launch of the platform forward significantly. Intel’s clients are working on multitude of custom solutions powered by the future central processing units and chipsets. It is unlikely that Intel can speed-up development of third-party products.
    Sales of latest-gen Xeon slow
    In the recent days multiple reports from financial analysts indicated that sales of Intel’s Xeon “Grantley” platform were below expectations, a bad news for the company, which digital server group has consistently generated high revenue and profits. The claims about poor sales of new Xeon chips are based on financial report from QLogic, a company that sells various server-class chips that are widely used inside Intel-based servers.
    “QLogic indicated sluggish enterprise server and networking demand with slower adoption of Intel’s new ‘Grantley’ server processor platform in the enterprise,” wrote Krishna Shankar, an analyst with Roth Capital Partners, in a note for clients, reports Tech Trader Daily. “In our opinion, Intel continues to see strength in the datacenter segment (customers such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Baidu, Microsoft, etc.) with healthy adoption of the new ‘Grantley’ server platform. However, we believe that continued macro challenges in Europe and China/Asia could dampen datacenter growth also.”

While the ramp of “Grantley” and “Brickland” may be slower than expected, Intel said Wednesday that its data center group’s revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2015 was $3.9 billion, up 5 per cent sequentially and up 10 per cent year-over-year. At least from financial point of view, Intel may not need to change its server roadmap.
    Customers want “Purley” and “Skylake”
    Theoretically, new chips could boost demand for Intel-based servers. However, there are reports that certain customers are cancelling their orders of current-generation Intel Xeon-powered supercomputers in anticipation of machines based on “Skylake” chips. For example, the U.K.’s Met-office wants “Purley”-based supercomputers because of higher performance and energy efficiency.
    “Skylake would mean higher processor rates and that means more FLOPS per watt – to an organization that’s compute-intensive, the more FLOPS we get per watt the better said Dave Underwood, deputy director of the Met Office high-performance computing (HPC) program.

Intel did not comment on the news-story.
    Noticia:
    http://www.kitguru.net/components/cp...-xeon-skylake/

Não espanta, tendo em conta que os Braowell praticamente nada acrescentaram.

Tech Membro Avatar de cybman
    Registo
    Jul 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nova geração de cpus compativel com lga2011-3 muito nice

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Overclocked To 5.2 GHz With Air Cooling at 1.35V

Intel’s Skylake processors are going to hit the market in a couple of weeks and we have seen several samples already rolling out in the wild which have been tested by a few Chinese sites. The Core i7-6700K is going to be the flagship processor of the lineup and we have seen some preliminary performance numbers in benchmarks obtained from a test rig that use premature drivers and an early BIOS version that wasn’t fully configured to drive Skylake processors. The latest report on the Core i7-6700K shows that overclocking on the unlocked chips will be impressive than ever.

Image Credits: HKEPC
    Intel Core i7-6700K Overclocked to 5.2 GHz Clock Speed on Air Cooling

HKEPC is the first site to report an overclock on the flagship Skylake processor. Their Chief-Reporter, Lam Chu-Kui was able to obtain an impressive clock speed of 5.2 GHz on the Skylake processor but there’s more to this overclock than just a bump in clock frequencies which we will get to in a second. First, it should be mentioned that the upcoming Skylake-S Unlocked processors which include the Core i7-6700K and Core i5-6600K are the first processors in the lineup that launch on 5th August and will be coupled with several Z170 motherboards that will be available on the same date (actually some are already available on retail). These chips will be the successor of the Devil’s Canyon based Core i7-4790K and Core i5-4690K.
    Taking a quick glance a the flagship Core i7-6700K CPU, we are looking at a quad core design with eight threads which shows a multi-threaded design. The chip features 8 MB of L3 cache and has clock speeds maintained at 4.0 GHz base and 4.2 GHz boost clock. The chip can support DDR4 2133 MHz memory and DDR3L 1600 MHz memory. The processor features the GT2 graphics chip with 24 execution units, clock speeds of 350 MHz base an 1250 MHz boost and full support for DirectX 12 API. The overall specs aren’t much different than the Devil’s Canyon Core i7-4790K which had same core configuration, 4.0 GHz base and 4.4 GHz boost but a slower iGPU (HD 4600) with 20 EUs and 1250 MHz boost clock. The main changes have been featured as micro-architecture improvements which leads to gain in IPC (Instructions per clock cycle) and efficiency (performance per watt) on a 14nm process.

Advertisements

Intel Core i7-4790K Slide [Showcasing improved thermal/power management systems]
    With Devil’s Canyon, Intel gave Haswell two updates. One was a refocused power delivery and management system to tone down the heat generation on the core. It was further improved by a NGPTIM (Next Generation Polymer-based Thermal Interface Material) which gave a better contact surface to the die with the heat-spreader to effectively transfer heat to the IHS and then dissipate it to a active-cooling heatsink. This did help to reduce temperatures to some extent but the addition of voltage regulation unit on the chip itself meant that the problem still existed when higher voltages were configured during overclocking sessions. Sure the chip could reach high clocks on LN2 but most overclockers had voltage pushing past 1.5 – 1.52V on a 5.1-5.2 GHz overclock.
    The overclock shown today is a 1200 MHz (1.2 GHz) clock speed improvement over the reference clock speed of 4.0 GHz on the Core i7-6700K. Not only that, it was achieved with air cooling with a voltage supply of just 1.35V. The temperatures were said to be under limits and overclocking on Skylake is considered to be more fun than Broadwell processors which are a feast to overclock. If the overclock turns out stable and final samples are also able to obtain similar overclocks, then it will be a fine day for the enthusiast world.

O Administrador Avatar de LPC
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boas!

Fodis Monies incoming... Até já tenho a board pensada e tudo...

Apenas estou a ver se compensa mais X99 ou se Z110... Em termos de performance dos cpu´s (VS custo).

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    My Specs: .....
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D :-: Board: MSI B550M BAZOOKA :-: RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade 3600 Mhz CL16 :-: Storage: Kingston NV2 NVMe 2 TB + Kingston NV2 NVMe 1 TB
    CPU Cooling Solution: ThermalRight Frost Commander 140 Black + ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM :-: PSU: Corsair HX 1200 WATTS
    Case: NZXT H6 FLOW :-: Internal Cooling: 4x ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + 4x ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM
    GPU: ASUS TUF
    AMD RADEON RX 7900 XTX - 24 GB :-: Monitor: BenQ EW3270U 4K HDR

Tech Mestre
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de LPC Ver Post
    Boas!

Fodis Monies incoming... Até já tenho a board pensada e tudo...

Apenas estou a ver se compensa mais X99 ou se Z110... Em termos de performance dos cpu´s (VS custo).

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    X99 nada que pensar alias o custo do X99 e' pouco superior e sempre tens cpus com 6 nucleos e nao 4 apenas

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intel Core i5-6400T Low TDP Skylake CPU Tested – DDR3 vs DDR4 Comparisons Shown off on ECS H110 and Q170 Boards

The first benchmarks of a low TDP Skylake processor have been published by a Chinese source. The site pits the Core i5-6400T, a low TDP, Skylake based processor in two sets of performance benchmarks which include DDR4 vs DDR3 tests in gaming and synthetic applications. The processor was tested on two separate ECS boards since one supports DDR3 and the other supports DDR4 memory.

Intel Core i5-6400T Performance Compared With DDR4 and DDR3 Memory – Low TDP Skylake CPU Peaks at 40W System Power Consumption

We have been reporting specifications of Skylake processors since the past few months. We know that the desktop lineup (Skylake-S) comes in three different segments, the unlocked lineup will be launching on 5th August followed by locked chips in late August-September time-frame and a similar schedule for the CPUs featuring low power TDPs (SKUs featuring T-Suffix in codename). The entry level model of the Low-TDP line is going to be the Core i5-6400T, the processor which has been tested today.
    The Core i5-6400T is a quad core processor with four threads which indicates that it is single threaded. The core clocks are maintained at 2.2 GHz base and 2.8 GHz boost while the processors comes with 6 MB of L3 Cache. Since this processor is a locked chip, no overclocking is available but being a 14nm processor, the T-Series has a TDP of just 35W. The processor has support for DDR4 and DDR3L memory given the boards also have support for the said memory DIMMs. The iGPU featured on the Skylake CPU is a GT2 Skylake chip which will come with 24 Execution Units and a base clock of 350 MHz. The boost clock has not been mentioned but it should be lower than what’s going to be featured on the higher TDP variants.

The two motherboards include the ECS made Q170-SF100 and H110-SF100. Both of these are Mini-ITX boards and there isn’t a large visual difference between both. These boards come with the LGA 1151 socket, M.2 SSD slots, HDMI/Display Ports for display output and a range of I/O ports that we can look in detail in the pictures below. The main difference between these boards is that the Q170-SF100 comes with DDR4 memory support and the H110-SF100 comes with DDR3L memory support. The motherboards only support SO-DIMM form factors of either memory stick. The H110-SF100 also comes with a Type-C USB 3.1 port and a MicroSD card slot. There’s no need for an external PSU to power the board as they are delivered power through a 19V / 7.1 A DC power adapter that is bundled in the package. The H110 and Q170 chipset on both boards is integrated on the back of the board and covered by a small metallic heatsink.
    The tester used two 16 GB DDR4 SO-DIMMs (2400 MHz) with the Q170-SF100 motherboard and just 8 GB DDR3L SO-DIMMs (2133 MHz) with the H110-SF100 motherboard. Testing both boards indicated a power draw of 10-20W on system idle and peaking at 40W on full system load. Giving a quick look at the benchmarks, the Core i5-6400T scores 417 marks in Cinebench R15 which can be compared to the 404 Marks scored by a Core i5-4670T which is a higher clocked CPU that operates up to 3.30 GHz. Gains in CPU benchmarks with DDR4 ram over DDR3 are small but gaming benchmarks show decent gains in performance running on the iGPU.
    Intel Core i5-6400T DDR4 (Q170-SF100) Benchmarks:

Intel Core i5-6400T DDR3 (H110-SF100) Benchmarks:

Intel Core i5-6400T Test Rig Setup and Pictures:

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de Sonas Ver Post
    X99 nada que pensar alias o custo do X99 e' pouco superior e sempre tens cpus com 6 nucleos e nao 4 apenas
    Boas!
    É o que eu já estou a ver...

E a 980ti teria pernas para se esticar na plataforma...

Ai ai ai ....

Será que volto ao X99...

LOL...

A ver se vejo algo nos classificados...
    Alguém se vir X99 á venda que apite para eu analisar...

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D :-: Board: MSI B550M BAZOOKA :-: RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade 3600 Mhz CL16 :-: Storage: Kingston NV2 NVMe 2 TB + Kingston NV2 NVMe 1 TB
    CPU Cooling Solution: ThermalRight Frost Commander 140 Black + ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM :-: PSU: Corsair HX 1200 WATTS
    Case: NZXT H6 FLOW :-: Internal Cooling: 4x ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + 4x ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM

Registo
    Jul 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tu não precisas de 6 cores para uma 980ti, isso é uma desculpa para gastares dinheiro

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de jotinha17
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    18 (95%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de cybman Ver Post
    tu não precisas de 6 cores para uma 980ti, isso é uma desculpa para gastares dinheiro
    Tudo dito!

Tech Veterano Avatar de JayDz
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Rua do "Rijo"
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boas!
    Eu preciso de 1000 cores!

Quantos mais melhor !!!...

Yah mas na verdade não preciso de 6 cores...

É mesmo o Tesonis Mijonis... da chegada de uma nova plataforma...

Quero ver o que vem por ai...

Cumprimentos,

LPC

Registo
    Jul 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)