Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Star Citizen [PC]

Boas a todos...

Venho aqui partilhar convosco um jogo que eu tenho acompanhado e que será para mim um dos jogos que vou andar agarrado no futuro...

O Star Citizen é um jogo criado pelo "deus" dos space sims! O Chris Robert...
    Quem não sabem quem ele é... ele foi o criador da saga Wing Commander e também o Freelancer.
    Muitos jogos depois se inspiraram no trabalho dele como o FreeSpace I e II.

Estes jogos são do tempo das Space Operas, que eram mega produções (com orçamentos de filmes), onde juntavam histórias imersivas com combates espaciais frenéticos!

Podem saber mais sobre este jogo aqui:

e aqui:

e neste link:

- https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Para concluir...
    Devido a não terem aceite os projectos ambiciosos do Chris Robert, o mesmo cagou para os distribuidores e fundou uma empresa independente que pediu ajuda á comunidade pelo KickStarter...
    É até hoje o jogo mais ajudado pela comunidade, com quase $19.000.000 conseguidos (até 13-09-2013)!

Veja e digam o que acham!

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    Última edição de Winjer : 21-02-15 às 10:48
    My Specs: .....
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D :-: Board: MSI B550M BAZOOKA :-: RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade 3600 Mhz CL16 :-: Storage: Kingston NV2 NVMe 2 TB + Kingston NV2 NVMe 1 TB
    CPU Cooling Solution: ThermalRight Frost Commander 140 Black + ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM :-: PSU: Corsair HX 1200 WATTS
    Case: NZXT H6 FLOW :-: Internal Cooling: 4x ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + 4x ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM
    GPU: ASUS TUF
    AMD RADEON RX 7900 XTX - 24 GB :-: Monitor: BenQ EW3270U 4K HDR

Tech Membro Avatar de MAXLD
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    C.Branco
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    E já lá vão 21 Milhões ($).

Greetings Citizens,

I’m proud to announce that the Star Citizen community has brought us to $21 million in crowd funding just shy of our first anniversary! Your support is now allowing the project to expand on ideas in ways we didn’t originally think possible. Every additional pledge makes Star Citizen a better experience. At the $21 million, you unlock the full salvage mechanic, which allows us to produce the assets needed to make salvaging an in-depth game mechanic akin to exploration or piracy!

Salvage Mechanic: Salvage isn’t an aside: it’s a career, with its own mechanic, story tie-ins and universe-shaping endgames. Search the galaxy for a host of valuable and interesting secrets using both the flight and FPS components. Discover the secrets of the ancient Hadesians, locate valuable components and cargo… or go down in history the first to make contact an entirely new alien race!
    In addition, we are unlocking a new $23 million goal: the addition of a Xi’an Scout as a playable asset in the game. We’ve recently begun putting together concept art of Xi’an worlds, which got us thinking about the game’s Xi’an ships: how can we make them play differently than the standard human ships? We have a few ideas and with this stretch goal we can put them into the game! In addition to alien designs and interfaces, the Xi’an craft will feature a totally different maneuvering system.

Xi’an ship design will be focused on a vertical aesthetic and maneuvering jets that can combine to thrust in multiple directions. Gimbaled, larger-than-normal thrusters sit on the four points of a star in the centerline, allowing each thruster unobstructed hemispherical coverage. The Xi’an scout can rotate on all axes and direct four thrusters to the rear or front! Because of this configuration the Xi’an ship has superb linear maneuvering abilities on all axes. This extra maneuverability comes at a cost however. Xi’an ships favor maneuverability over heavy armament or defensive protection.

Instead of picking up an alien ship that simply looks different, it will feel different!

Here’s the description:

Xi’an Scout Unlocked! The Khartu is the light attack craft of the Xi’An military. Contrary to Human ship design, the Khartu doesn’t have a traditional main thruster, instead featuring an array of maneuvering thrusters on articulated rigs. This design allows for incredible agility, making them the bane of UEE pilots, who bestowed the nickname ‘Quark’ because when all of the thrusters are firing, the ship looks like a spark flying through space. The Xi’an Aopoa corporation also manufactures an export model, the Khartu-al, for sale to human civilians as a dedicated scout/explorer. The export model features the same Xi’an maneuvering rig, but control surfaces modified for human use and a more limited armament. (Designer: Aopoa)
    Players can travel to a Xi’an commerce world to pick up the export version of the Khartu… or they can track down the military version in less-than-legal ways! Either way, we think that adding truly alien Xi’an ships at launch will create an even more immersive universe.

As always, thank you all for your tremendous support. Please continue to spread the word about Star Citizen. You’re making this all possible! I hope you will join me on Thursday for our anniversary livestream, where you’ll see some of the latest and greatest work we’ve done to date and get a sneak preview of what’s coming soon.

- Chris Roberts
    in https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...man-21-Million

O Administrador Avatar de LPC
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boas!
    Excelentes Notícias!!!

Não tenho dúvidas que lá chegará!

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D :-: Board: MSI B550M BAZOOKA :-: RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade 3600 Mhz CL16 :-: Storage: Kingston NV2 NVMe 2 TB + Kingston NV2 NVMe 1 TB
    CPU Cooling Solution: ThermalRight Frost Commander 140 Black + ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM :-: PSU: Corsair HX 1200 WATTS
    Case: NZXT H6 FLOW :-: Internal Cooling: 4x ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + 4x ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boas!
    Mais um miminho do StarCitizen... A resolução original deste filme é... 4K

Cumprimentos,

LPC

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    C.Branco
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Passou já os 24 Milhões:

LETTER FROM THE CHAIRMAN: $24 MILLION!

I
    t looks like the Hornet commercial and brochure were a resounding success; the president of Anvil Aerospace should expect a bonus this quarter! In all seriousness, the community is continuing to set funding records and is allowing us to do more with Star Citizen. At $24 million, you’ve unlocked the following stretch goal:

• Public Transportation System – Need to get from one place to another but don’t have a starship? We’re building a galactic transportation system. You can travel via transport from system to system in Star Citizen and even ship items (like a ship you need moved to another hangar.) With this stretch goal, we’ll expand this system: star liners, long range transports, charter ships and flyable shuttles!

Pictured here is a monorail car, which will be used by the player to travel from place to place on Terra! A public transportation system may not seem as sexy as a new bomber or a cruiser, but it speaks directly to the goal of making Star Citizen an immersive, world-building experience. Instead of having a simple ‘fast travel’ option like anMMORPG, Star Citizen will feature a living, breathing system to support that gameplay requirement… a system that will be impacted by the economy and player actions in all sorts of exciting ways!
    We’re also revealing the $26 million goal, which I think will interest a lot of players. We have become increasingly fascinating with the possibilities for larger capital ships in Star Citizen and would like to dedicate some of the additional funding to expanding their functionality:

• Enhanced Capital Ship Systems – In addition to the command and control systems we’ve already outlined, we’re going to expand capital ship functions! Lead a damage control team to fight fires and repair key systems during battle, control internal bulkheads to slow boarders and man a number of consoles, like navigation and engineering, that will make commanding a capital ship feel even more immersive.

Thank you for your continued support. I hope you take as much pride as I do in the fact that you aren’t only bringing back PC games and taking a shot across the bow at big publishers, you’re taking Star Citizen to new frontiers. The team at Cloud Imperium can’t wait to show you what’s next!

Finally, one small change to the Hornet rollout. We’ve had a number of requests from backers eager to purchase the limited edition Super Hornet who will not be able to do so until the end of the month. Federal employees in the United States who are just getting back to work after the recent government shutdown are especially affected. We are grateful for your passion and would like to help however possible. With this in mind, we are going to keep the Super Hornet available an extra week through Monday, November 4th. We hope that helps give all of our existing backers an opportunity to upgrade to the F7C-M!
    — Chris Roberts
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...man-24-Million

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boas!
    Excelentes notícias!

Se vires a noticia inicial na altura (á coisa de pouco mais de um mês) andava-se nos 19 Milhões, já vamos nos 24!

Eu mesmo vou investir neste jogo, já que estou curioso para ver o que vai sair daqui nos próximos valores que vão sendo desbloqueados!

Cumprimentos,

LPC

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    C.Branco
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de MAXLD Ver Post
    Boas!
    Sem dúvida que o poder da comunidade é imparável...

1 Milhão numa semana! Impressive!

Cumprimentos,

LPC

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    C.Branco
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe, pequena agitação na comunidade do jogo:

Ao que parece num dos vídeos que eles fazem lá no estúdio, alguém/backer viu lá três caractéres "do diabo" ... PS4 , num ecrã de um dos Devs do jogo. Escusado será dizer que o fórum tem sido bombardeado com pessoal a ferver dizendo que eles se "venderam" à Sony e que o jogo vai ser "dumbed down" para contemplar consolas.

Mas Chris Roberts não deixou o pessoal sem resposta e colocou no fórum um tópico:

Star Citizen, PC, PS4 and Consoles
    Christopher Roberts
    croberts68 Posted: 10:59am Nov 18, 2013

Hi everyone!

I figured it was best to post this in its own thread instead of one of the many "Star Citizen on PS4, the sky is falling!" threads that sprung up this weekend after a PS4 devkit was spied in background on Jason Spangler (our CTOs) desk.

While some could view the 1+1 = 256 logic that it required to come to the conclusion that we were ditching the PC for PS4 as an overreaction it does show how passionate everyone is in this community about the PC as the best gaming platform, which warms my heart!

So let me say this.

Star Citizen IS a PC game. It will NEVER be dumbed down for a lesser platform. We will NOT limit the input options or supported peripherals to the lowest common denominator. We will NOT pass on features and technology just because they will only run on some hardware configurations.

I just upgraded my office rig to a pair of Titans running in SLI, driving a 4K monitor and a 1440P one (Thanks NVidia for the goodies!). We’re about ready to build the ultimate AMD rig with FOUR R9 290Xs and AMD’s eight core CPU driving a set of 4K monitors in Eyefinity (Thanks AMD!)

You think that’s a good approximation for console, even a next gen one like PS4 or Xbox One?

I LOVE the PC as a platform because it is open, is always moving forward, with new powerful components (usually at cheaper prices) becoming available to gamers available every year. A $3,000 high end PC gaming rig of today wipes the floor of dedicated graphics supercomputers costing over $1M 10 years ago. People were amazed at being able to get Giga flops of performance. Now we can obtain over 5 TERA flops on a single PCI-E GPU!!! The PC platform is great because it isn't static. It doesn't have rules or some controlling entity that decides what will and won’t be in the eco system. If a cool new disruptive technology like the Oculus Rift comes along it can have a chance to gain traction and become the next big thing.

Because of this Star Citizen will always be primarily a PC game and will embrace the best and newest tech.

Some of you may have seen that we announced our intention to support AMD’s Mantle with Star Citizen. We didn't do this because AMD sends us lots of high cards (although that doesn’t hurt). We are doing this because it increases the ability of a PC to get the most out of its incredibly powerful hardware. Going to the hardware without an huge inefficient API like DirectX allows us to radically increase the number of draw calls in a frame – At last week’s AMD developer conference Nitrous, which is a new company working on a next gen PC engine, demoed a scene with over 100,000 drawcalls per frame running at over 60 FPS through Mantle. To put that in context last gen stuff (and a bunch of PC games gated by DirectX) have been stuck around 2,000 - 3,000 drawcalls and next gen consoles (like PS4) can do 10,000 - 15,000 or so. We’re supporting Mantle to push PC graphics performance higher – it’s been gated too long by DirectX’s inefficiency and abstraction, which has only gotten worse as Microsoft becomes less interested in the PC as a gaming platform. I would love NVidia and Intel to have Mantle drivers (as the API is designed to be non GPU architecture specific) but if not we would support NVidia or Intel drivers that would allow us to get to the metal (GPU Hardware) efficiently and take advantage of parallelism in CPU cores (for efficient batching of data between the game and the GPU).

This is ironically the advantage the next gen consoles have like PS4 and Xbox One – they abstract the low level hardware much less, so what is essentially a mid-level gaming PC of today (which are what the PS4 and Xbox One specs are) punches above its performance weight while Windows and Direct X do a nice job of handicapping the high end PC.

I'm supporting Mantle to push the PC as a gaming platform even further and negate one of the advantages of a console over a PC. Hardly the actions of someone about to sell out! :-)

As far as consoles go Star Citizen will never be on the PS3 or Xbox 360. As for the next gen consoles, PS4 and Xbox One, we have NO CURRENT PLANS, but my stance remains open and is consistent with the many interviews I’ve given -

IF the platform holders (Sony & Microsoft) allow us to update the code and data without restrictions and odious time consuming QC procedures, IF they allow our community to openly interact with each other across platforms then I would CONSIDER supporting them.

Why?

Well because then they are essentially inexpensive small form factor PCs with a custom operating system focused on gaming and who wouldn't want a bigger community of Star Citizens? If Sony or Microsoft are willing to let their platform be open, then I see no real difference between them or Valve’s Steambox, a Mac or a PC running Linux, all of which are platforms that I don’t think this community would mind supporting as they are all viewed as “PCs”. In fact most Macs are probably much worse gaming machines than a next gen console (as Apple is the antithesis of what I love about PCs)

But this is a big IF as it’s asking a lot. To their credit Sony seems to be the most eager to embrace indie games and the idea of openness, and they chased us down to give us some dev kits to play with but we’ve been very clear on what it would take to get Star Citizen onto PS4.

And even then it would only be contemplated as a port from the PC, not the other way around plus we would require a financial commitment by Sony to make it happen. If some of the coolest features or peripherals don’t make it because the PS4 can’t handle it we would never gimp the PC version. This is no different than the issues you face in PC development – we could be like Blizzard or Riot and focus on a game that works on the widest array of PC hardware – but that’s not the spirit of Star Citizen. We are shooting for the stars both virtually and technology wise. For me this game is about pushing boundaries on all levels and is something that I hope is still breathing strong ten years from now. Instead of Crysis benchmarks when they test a new GPU I want to see Star Citizen!

One last thing to think about - normally developers "sell out" to a console platform (Bungie or Epic going XBox exclusive for instance) because the platform holder is funding the budget. Thanks to everyone that has backed Star Citizen we have no need to sell out to anyone! You've funded a AAA PC game that will compete with the biggest and best.
    By the time the game is officially "done", I'm pretty sure that the final funding will be larger than most AAA console games outside the very biggest like GTA or CoD - and our money goes much further as we don't have any corporate overhead or fancy marketing budgets. You have all proven there is at least as much demand for a high end PC game as most console games.

So fear not! The PC is the platform of Star Citizen. Anything else, if it happens at all, will just be after the fact.
    in https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...4-and-consoles

Lool, foi com cada ferroada no DX...

PS: Boa sorte para arrefecer esse quad CF de 290X.

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boas!
    Podemos bem ver nesse jogo o poder que é a comunidade PC...

E se ele não acalmasse as hostes, iria haver mesmo um uprising ali!
    O Star Citizen, não pela forma como está a ser custeado como pelo facto de ser cutting edge é no fundo tudo aquilo que o PC significa...

Chris Roberts mais do que o Guru dos SpaceSims é agora o representante do PC! Já que assumiu por diversas vezes que quer o PC como a plataforma de eleição para os melhores jogos...
    Ora ele está agora para o PC, como o Gabe está para os Donuts... (ups) Steam queria eu dizer!
    A distribuição de jogos Online é outra das grandes forças do PC...

E portanto é normal que a Comunidade PC esteja sempre de olho no que o Chris faz ou diz... Mesmo que ele esteja em diversas conferencias quase a cair para o lado de sono e cheio de dores nas pernas e costas!

Em relação ao cooling, a AMD deve-lhe ter enviado uma caixa preparada pela EK ou algo assim!

Ou então disse-lhe... "Chris my man!... Para os dias de mais frio toma lá 4 290x em UberMode e mete a apontar a saída de ar para os teus pés!
    Vais poupar imenso no aquecimento da tua divisão!"
    Ofereço-te também uns auscutadores Dr. Dre, para poderes aproveitar a imersão do teu Star Citizen no máximo! "

Vamos a ver o que vai dar todo este buzz...

Cumprimentos,

LPC

PS: Bem já está a dar frutos o guito do funding já começou novamente a subir!

Tech Membro Avatar de Nirvana91
    Registo
    Jun 2013
    Local
    Lisboa
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Não sou fã de Space Sims mas este compro de certeza.

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boas Noites Companheiros!

Bem Star Citizen, soma e segue!

Já se atingiu os 30M!

- https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...man-30-Million

E já vai a metade para os 31M!!

Bem as coisas vão pelo melhor ao Chris Roberts!

Estou á espera deste jogo ser a experiência brutal que merece ser!

Cumprimentos,

LPC

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de Lord Paulus Cobris Ver Post
    Boas Noites Companheiros!

Bem Star Citizen, soma e segue!

Já se atingiu os 30M!

- https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...man-30-Million

E já vai a metade para os 31M!!

Bem as coisas vão pelo melhor ao Chris Roberts!

Estou á espera deste jogo ser a experiência brutal que merece ser!

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    Boas!
    Dando um bump para este tópico... quando em Novembro escrevi esse post o jogo ia nos quase 31 Milhões de Dólares...
    Passados 4 Meses, o jogo vai já no caminho dos 41 Milhões de Dólares!!!

É impressionante como o jogo continua a somar e seguir... São tantas as novidades neste jogo desde esses 31 Milhões que até tenho medo que este seja um projecto ambicioso demais!

Vamos a ver... acredito que até ao verão deve chegar aos 50 Milhões de Dólares...

Cumprimentos,

LPC

Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boas!
    Mais um update deste fantástico jogo!

PAX 2014:

Cumprimentos,

LPC

Tech Membro Avatar de Nirvana91
    Registo
    Jun 2013
    Local
    Lisboa
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)