Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Intel i9-10900K performance increase upto 30% higher than 9900K

Asia based IT House on January 1 reported that a digital blogger @MebiuW showed a picture suspected to be an official Intel document. The data showed that Intel's upcoming i9-10900K performance would be 1.3 times that of the previous generation i9-9900K.
    As can be seen from the figure below, under the same configuration, the performance of Intel Comet Lake i9-10900K will be 1.3 times that of i9-9900K. The small print in the figure also indicates that the test was made on November 4th, and may change in the future.
    According to previous reports, the i9-10900K is 10 cores and 20 threads, has 20 MB of cache, and the basic frequency is 3.7GHz. With a new Thermal Velocity Boost technology, a single core can be accelerated to 5.3GHz and a full core frequency. Up to 4.9GHz.
    For a long time, Intel's i9-9900K (s) has been hailed as the best gaming CPU. Although the 10th generation version has not replaced the 10nm process, this 30% improvement will still give enthusiasts the motivation to update.
    Ainda bem que a AMD forçou a Intel a adicionar mais núcleos. Concorrência é tão bom de se ver

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Intel Core i9-10900K 10 Core CPU Sips More Than 300 Watts

While Intel didn't unveil their 10th Generation Desktop processors at CES 2020, their partners did mention some interesting details of the upcoming platform. Talking to Computerbase, many board partners didn't appreciate Intel's decision of not unveiling their Comet Lake-S processors since they already have products ready for the upcoming lineup while also mentioning how they are going to strengthen their motherboards for the Core i9-10900K which is reported to be one power hog of a chip.
    Intel Core i9-10900K, 10 Core Flagship 14nm Mainstream Chip, Reportedly Consumes Over 300 Watts of Power at Full Load

The fact that motherboard partners have to sit idle while they have entire product lines ready to go out for Intel's next-generation processors is quite depressing. Intel focused the entirety of their CES 2020 keynote on mobility products whereas their competitor AMD, had something for all, including Ryzen desktop and Ryzen mobile products. Intel did somewhat surprise us with their DG1 graphics chip announcement but aside from that, their keynote wasn't as fueled as AMD's.

I want to point out that Intel's 400-series chipset isn't a mystery at this point. We have seen retail-ready motherboards appear in several benchmark leaks and we have full lineups from various of these board manufacturers leaked already. The same board partners also told us to expect a hard launch in February 2020 which is a month away and Intel could have at the very least presented us the specifications of the processors in a more official manner considering how those have also been leaked out recently. ASUS and MSI even had press releases ready that mentioned Intel's 10th Generation processors and key information which they had to revise at the very last moment.

Intel's Core i9-10900K features the 6th iteration of their 14nm process node.

But the main point of this story isn't how Intel's 10th Gen desktop CPUs were missing in action on the CES 2020 floor but how the flagship Intel Core i9-10900K mainstream chip is going to end up as the most power-hungry 14nm mainstream chip ever produced. It is reported by the source that the Intel Core i9-10900K 10 core processor would end up consuming more than 300 Watts of power.
    Several motherboard manufacturers revealed that the ten-core break the 300-watt mark at maximum load. Not surprisingly, the 9900KS already exceeded the 250-watt mark in scenarios of this kind. via Computebase
    The motherboard makers have stated that they have done a great job to update the power delivery of their new motherboards for the 10th Generation processors but this shows why Intel has to put aside its 14nm node and move to either 10nm or 7nm desktop processors if they want to keep up with AMD. The 300+ Watts power consumption is for all cores loaded up at the maximum 4.9 GHz boost frequency.
    The i9-10900K features 10 cores, 20 threads a total cache of 20 MB and a 125W TDP. The chip has a base frequency of 3.7 GHz and a boost frequency of 5.1 GHz. However, using Intel's Turbo Boost Max 3.0 technology, the chip can boost up to 5.2 GHz on a single-core and what's even better is the 4.9 GHz all-core boost. Some of the features of this particular chip include:

• Up to 4.8 GHz All-Core Turbo
    • Up to 5.3 / 4.9 GHz Thermal Velocity Boost Singe / All-core Turbo
    • Up to 5.2 GHz Intel Turbo Boost Max 3.0
    • Up to 10C and 20T
    • Up to DDR4-2933 MHz dual-channel
    • Enhanced Core & Memory Overclocking
    • Active Core Group Tuning

Here's the interesting part, the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32 core processor with its 7nm Zen 2 cores has a maximum power draw of under 300 Watts at full load across all cores. This is shown by Anandtech in their review of the 3970X. We have seen how the 3970X demolishes Intel's entire HEDT lineup and how its general gaming performance ends up surprisingly close to the i9-9900KS.
    Intel’s Comet Lake-S 10 Core and 6 Core Desktop CPUs Leaked and Benchmarked on LGA 1200 Socketed, B460 OEM Motherboard

AMD's Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32 core processor doesn't even hit 300W with all of its cores loaded up. (Image Credit: Anandtech)

Now AMD 3970X does feature a lower boost clock on each core compared to the 9900KS / 9900K & that's one reason why the chip is so power-efficient but AMD showed that you don't need higher clocks anymore to beat Intel's lineup and their added 7nm IPC boosts have made them come out on par or even exceed the single-core perf of Intel's existing chips. Even Intel's own slides put the PL2 limit of the 10900K at 250W which may have been tested with the more conservative 4.8 GHz all-core boost clock and not the thermal velocity boost algorithm. Now, these figures may not be for an average or pro-longed use case scenario but the short spikes which these boost features display but still, it's worrisome and could lead to thermal throttle under inadequate cooling. Users buying a high-end Core i9-10900K won't be worrying about the power figures though but they can still compare these figures to an AMD chip which shows much higher efficiency than Intel's aging 14nm node.

If that's not enough, AMD's ECO mode has also shown to be a very useful feature with their 16 core and 32 core chips performing absolutely well even with toned down power limits. It shows just how much of an immense efficiency leap the new 7nm Zen 2 cores have been for AMD, offering desktop class performance on mobile platforms with Ryzen 4000 'Renoir' processors. It is possible that Intel could do a silent launch of their 10th Gen desktop parts since they are aware they cannot compete with AMD's offerings or the next ones which are due for later this year.
    AMD may not even consider offering a price cut as their Ryzen 3000 are competitive enough to compete against Intel's 10th Gen parts unless Intel brings Core i9 down to $350-$400 US which seems unlikely but then again, they have the financial horsepower to do so to remain competitive in the desktop segment. Intel's 10th Gen lineup may offer multi-threading on all parts along with higher clock speeds, but they would require more power and beefier cooling. With Zen 3 expected next year and AMD eating up market share in all segments, Intel really needs to rethink their CPU strategy and we hope that they can hit their process roadmap goals on time if they really want to hit AMD back.
    OMG, um CPU da Intel com 10C/20T a consumir mais do que o Threadrypper com 32C/64T..............
    Ryzen R5 3600X / Noctua NH-D15 / ASUS Rog Strix X370 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / XFX XTR 650 / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb + Seagate barracuda 2Tb / M-Audio AV 42

Tech Veterano Avatar de MTPS
    Registo
    Oct 2013
    Avaliação
    6 (100%)
    Nem imagino o que isso vai aquecer...LOL...devem vir com um label a dizer "custom cooling only"

Que bobo da festa que se tornou a Intel

Moderador Avatar de SleepyFilipy
    Registo
    Apr 2013
    Avaliação
    Então já estamos a considerar isto como sendo verdade absoluta ? Vamos com calma...

Enviado de meu SM-G970F usando o Tapatalk
    Ryzen R7 3800X / Custom Watercooling Loop / Biostar X470GTN / NZXT H200 White / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz CL16 / Galax RTX 2070 EX White / Corsair RM650i / PNY CS900 960Gb + Samsung 850Evo 500Gb / Cambridge DacMagic Plus / Edifier R1700BT / Sennheiser HD700 / Snowball Ice

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Citação Post Original de SleepyFilipy Ver Post
    Então já estamos a considerar isto como sendo verdade absoluta ? Vamos com calma...

Enviado de meu SM-G970F usando o Tapatalk
    Esperas alguma coisa diferente de um CPU a 14nm++, com 10C/20T, da Intel, a 5,3Ghz?
    Ryzen R5 3600X / Noctua NH-D15 / ASUS Rog Strix X370 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / XFX XTR 650 / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb + Seagate barracuda 2Tb / M-Audio AV 42

Registo
    Oct 2013
    Avaliação
    6 (100%)
    Citação Post Original de Winjer Ver Post
    Esperas alguma coisa diferente de um CPU a 14nm++, com 10C/20T, da Intel, a 5,3Ghz?
    Mas...mas vai ser o CPU gaming mais rápido do mundo

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Citação Post Original de MTPS Ver Post
    Nem imagino o que isso vai aquecer...LOL...devem vir com um label a dizer "custom cooling only"
    Primeiro a Intel vai mandar uns CPUs escolhidos a dedo para os sites que fazem reviews. Como fizeram com o 9900KS.
    Os reviewers como usam sistemas de cooling potentes e têm CPUs escolhidos, vão conseguir fazer os 5.3Ghz e obtém scores elevados.
    OS consumidores depois recebem os CPUs normais e ficam lixados por terem consumos elevados e não terem a velocidade turbo anunciada.

Registo
    Apr 2013
    Avaliação
    Não é uma questão de esperar ou deixar de esperar, é mesmo cansaço de notícias que afinal não passam de ginástica mental para bater no morto que é Intel neste momento. Não estou a dizer que não vai consumir isso, tanto pode consumir, como não, já que não há um único dado apresentado a não ser que a Intel não apresentou novos CPUs, Asus e MSI tiveram que refazer comunicados de imprensa, e que os fabricantes de motherboards tiveram que melhorar o sistema de alimentação das novas boards (que loucura fazerem isso né? E como se nas X570 isso não tivesse acontecido). Pelo meio metem uma frase de "a fonte diz que o 10900k poderá consumir mais de 300w". É tipo eu fazer uma notícia a dizer, "LPC poderá devolver o próximo produto que comprar", só aí já fiz meio golo sem sequer olhar pela baliza, sem precisar de ter qualquer informação em mãos.

Mas no meio disto tudo, o mais engraçado mesmo é que pelos vistos, só para conseguirem bater na Intel, agora os entusiastas transformaram-se todos na Greta Thunberg e estão super preocupados com consumos energéticos. Antes tacávamos o "fod@-se" nisso dos consumos, queríamos era fontes gigantes, multi GPUs, se possível espetávamos duas 4870x2 para brincar, e nem olhávamos a consumo, o importante era a performance.

A pitaca do "custom cooling only", ai é quentinho, ai consome muito, que o Martins soltou (ainda que eu saiba que ele não se consege conter nesses momentos, e depois quando analisa a coisa friamente, o cenário é outro, love you Martins), curiosamente, fez-me lembrar uns tempos em que vi certo CPU em caixa preta que atingia 5Ghz, não era toda a motherboard que o suportava, com consequências fumegantes, precisava de belo cooler para entregar o que dizia na caixa, e consumia para burro... Esse CPU não era Intel, era um tal de FX-9590.

Não me recordo de ver as mesmas pessoas que hoje crucificam a Intel, a soltarem essa mesma fúria na AMD... Que a Intel está uma bosta? Claro. Que já deveriam ter mexido o cu e apresentado algo inovador? Sem dúvida, mas não seria bom manter a coerência? É que naqueles tempos a conversa era "nah, os FX são porreiros, nas gamas mais baixas apresentam boas soluções, por isso pode-se desculpar as outras cagadas, e lembram-se dos Optys? Nossa, a AMD já foi muito boa, então não vamos descartar, tenho um carinho por esses gajos". Mas agora é motivo para dizer "ahahahahaha olha que imbecis, vão morrer assim, cromos da Intel, ahahahah"... Ya... Coerência...

Espero que esteja claro que isto não é apologia à Intel, que realmente já mexia o cu para lançar alguma coisa de jeito. Agora, eu também adoro o meu Ryzen, e para mim, e só por conta da longevidade do socket, inovação tecnológica da plataforma, e custo benefício, a AMD deu uma sova na Intel pior que os 7-1 da Alemanha ao Brasil, mas este tipo de comportamentos extrapolam até o que é o fanboyismo habitual, já chega a roçar o idiota útil de Lenine.

E se a Intel está no fosso, está no fosso com produtos caros e desatualizados, ainda assim a nível de performance bruta, nas plataformas mainstream, conseguem ainda ir para a guerra. Foi engraçado que há uns dias atrás no fórum que todos odeiam mas que gostam de ter conta para usar os classificados, estava lá eu a partilhar o meu score de Cinebench, todo fanfarrão porque tinha papado um 9900k @ 5.1Ghz com o meu CPU a 4.4Ghz, e chega-me lá o Darknight e espeta-me com o score dele de mais de 5500 com o CPU a 5.2Ghz, porque lá está, tem mais unhas que eu, e o lambão consumidor de energia do Intel dele, lá consegue esses clocks estúpidos para compensar o refinamento do 3800X... Isto só como curiosidade, mas penso que me fiz entender.

Perdoem lá o testamento e desabafo, mas porra...
    Ryzen R7 3800X / Custom Watercooling Loop / Biostar X470GTN / NZXT H200 White / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz CL16 / Galax RTX 2070 EX White / Corsair RM650i / PNY CS900 960Gb + Samsung 850Evo 500Gb / Cambridge DacMagic Plus / Edifier R1700BT / Sennheiser HD700 / Snowball Ice

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Por acaso, quando a AMD lançou os FX 9590 quase toda a gente caiu em cima da AMD. A criticar os consumos, a falta de melhoria, as temperaturas, etc.
    Vais ali à zwame e consegues ver quando o FX 9000 foi anunciado, o tipo de comentários que o pessoal fez, aplica-se perfeitamente ao que a Intel faz hoje com o 10900K.
    A Intel de hoje não é uma coitadinha que teve azar com uma arquitetura, como aconteceu à AMD com os Bulldozer e com a velha Intel, com a Netburst.
    A Intel de hoje é uma empresa que se colocou nesta situação, porque decidiu não fazer melhor para os clientes. E como tal, a concorrência eventualmente conseguiu fazer melhor.
    E sim, os entusiastas mudaram a sua atitude na última década. O desempenho continua a ser importante, mas os consumos e temperaturas também são muito importantes.
    Essa foi uma das vantagens da arquitetura iCore durante muitos anos. É uma das vantagens que a nVidia tem em relação às gráficas da AMD. Mesmo quando a AMD tem gráficas com o mesmo desempenho que outra da nVidia, o pessoal cai logo em cima da AMD por causa dos consumos.

Para vir com um AIO, é porque vai consumir ainda mais do que os actuais FX. Medo...
    'alta' frequencia e 'pessima' eficiencia nos cores quase de certeza...mais do mesmo
    Já sei para que servem aquelas fontes novas de 1600w !! Pelo menos no Inverno aquece a casa
    Com esse cooler e consumo tou mesmo a ver ...

Se for outro fx9*** nao vejo objectivo...
    O problema é que a AMD quer CPUs mais rápidos a todo custo, é só pensa em aumentar a frequência se calhar ainda com a mesma arquitectura o que faz os consumos muito altos. Enquanto não arranjarem uma arquitectura com bastante poder de clock per clock e eficiente a AMD não sai do mesmo.
    Estou a ver os memes... "the electricity bill is over 9000!"
    É pena que a nova arquitectura só chegue lá para 2016, até porque agora lembram-se de lançar estas bestas ineficientes para mostrar que estão no mercado :\

Registo
    Apr 2013
    Avaliação
    Vou ali à Zwame, ou vou ali aos posts apagados do tópico AM3+ neste nosso fórum que estavas a ver há pouco? É que nem me lembrava desse tópico, avivaste-me bem a memória. Se os posts não estivessem apagados, era só ter postado o link para o tópico e vez de fazer o meu testamento, e pedir coerência.

Curioso que os entusiastas evoluíram só no momento em que marca A ou B de estimação melhorou.

E novamente, não me canso de frisar isto, não é uma apologia à Intel. Achei que tinha deixado isso bem claro no post anterior. Agora os abestados que na altura dos FX andaram a mandar essas postas, deveriam também mandar agora que se trata de Intel. Por outro lado, quem defendia a AMD quando ela não via mais nada na frente dos olhos a não ser core clock e tinha litografia antiga com consumos elevados, agora também não tem moral nenhuma para criticar a Intel que está a fazer o mesmo.
    Última edição de SleepyFilipy : 10-01-20 às 18:45

Registo
    Oct 2013
    Avaliação
    6 (100%)
    São produtos. A Intel joga com o que pode. Como disse, este CPU com 10c/20t e boost até 5.3 GHz vai ser o cpu gaming mais rápido do mercado.

No entanto, não tenho qualquer dúvida que vai trazer consigo temperaturas absurdas.

O Administrador Avatar de LPC
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Citação Post Original de MTPS Ver Post
    São produtos. A Intel joga com o que pode. Como disse, este CPU com 10c/20t e boost até 5.3 GHz vai ser o cpu gaming mais rápido do mercado.

No entanto, não tenho qualquer dúvida que vai trazer consigo temperaturas absurdas.
    Boas!
    Paradoxalmente ser um processo de fabrico maior pode trazer benefícios a nível de arrefecimento e temperaturas, já que existem menos concentração de transístores e permite dispersar o calor por uma maior área.

Alias esse é o desafio da redução de tamanho... tens cada vez mais dificuldade de arrefecer porque tens tudo concentrado cada vez num ponto mais pequeno...

Se a intel soldar o die, apresentar algumas melhorias mesmo que ligeiras no IPC, acredito que ainda se vão conseguir manter á frente da AMD.

Agora a arquitectura já está esgotada... já não existe muito mais para onde ir... é meter cores e meter mhz para cima... (mas mesmo ai tenho dúvidas que vejamos qualquer cpu a 6ghz).

Cumprimentos,

LPC

My Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x - 4.3Ghz @ 1.35v - Board: MSI AMD B450M Mortar MAX - RAM: 32 GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V 3200Mhz CL14 - GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ 8GB - Monitor: BenQ EW3270U 4k HDR
    Case: Thermaltake Core V21 - Cooling: 5x Arctic Cooling P14 PWM PST - CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S + 1xArctic Cooling P14 PWM PST - Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 1TB + WD SN520 NVMe 512GB - PSU: Corsair HX1200i

Registo
    Oct 2013
    Avaliação
    6 (100%)
    Nem por isso...porque o requerimento energético também é menor, logo, - energia para dissipar, - calor.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    O LPC tem razão. Um dos problemas com a redução de processo de fabrico é a acumulação de calor numa área mais pequena.
    300W em 14nm é menos calor por área do que 300W em 7nm (ou 10nm da Intel), por exemplo.

Mas mesmo assim, com um novo processo de fabrico, especialmente quando ficam devidamente amadurecidos, é uma redução de energia por transístor.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    You've probably read our Core i9 10980XE review right? The most versatile (in cores) HEDT processor for the consumer market from Intel, a $979 product that sits as the flagship processor in the new Cascade lake line of processors with 18-cores. Well, Intel might be brewing something more.

Over in Asia the Chiphell forums shows two screenshots that will stir up some hype, a 22-core part on the X299 platform has been spotted. It's called, tagged and labeled the Core i9-10990XE, and perhaps Intel is looking to release it? it has four more cores compared to the current flagship product.

The Core i9-10990XE is shown in a CPU-Z screenshot as well as a Cinebench result. Zooming in on the specs you can see a "Cascade Lake-X" architecture. The proc is listed as having 22 cores 44 threads. Cache info shows 1 MB of dedicated L2 cache per core and 30.25 MB of shared L3 cache. Interesting is that this engineering sample is listing a base clock of 4.00 GHz with 5 GHz shown in the screenshot (we assume one core turbo). The i9-10990XE is listing 14,005 points in CB20 which is Threadripper 3960X territory (24 cores). I should mention the TDP listed though, 380 Watt. Have a peek:
    Core i9 10990XE processor spotted, has 22 cores and 44 threads.

Página 100 de 101 PrimeiroPrimeiro ... 50909899100101 ÚltimoÚltimo

Informação da Thread