Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Intel Core processor with 10.000 naming Shows up

Yes, what if you run out of series numbers like Core i9 9900K? Move another digit or go back to the drawing board with a new naming? Well, it appears Intel will be doing the first and could be using a 10.000 processor suffix for upcoming processor generations.
    So a Core i5-10210U is found in the 3DMark database by Twitter user Apisak. That is a quadcore from the Laptop U-series with a tdp of 15W and a clock speed of 1.6GHz. It is probably a chip based on Comet Lake U that Intel still produces at 14nm. Also, a Core i7-1065G7 is spotted in a Taiwanese forum. Based on that entry, what's in store for desktop procs? Well, It seems something like Core i9 10900K in the future?

A ser verdade, vamos para os 10.000, apesar de andarmos com os mesmos CPUs desde os 6000....
    O poder do rebrand da Intel....

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    A Intel continua a dar problemas de segurança nos seus CPUs.

MELTDOWN REDUX: INTEL FLAW LETS HACKERS SIPHON SECRETS FROM MILLIONS OF PCS

Today Intel and a coordinated supergroup of microarchitecture security researchers are together announcing a new, serious form of hackable vulnerability in Intel's chips. It's four distinct attacks, in fact, though all of them use a similar technique, and all are capable of siphoning a stream of potentially sensitive data from a computer's CPU to an attacker.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Mac Performance Drops Up to 40% With Intel Vulnerability Mitigations

Apple has joined Google in advising customers to disable Intel CPUs' Hyper-Threading feature. This drastic measure is supposed to defend against Microarchitectural Data Sampling (MDS) issues that Intel disclosed on Monday. Apple warned, however, that defending against those vulnerabilities by disabling Hyper-Threading "may have a significant impact on the performance" of the system in question.The MDS security vulnerabilities are present in nearly every modern Intel processor. Intel released updates to help protect affected systems, but those updates might not be enough to protect them, which is why Apple and Google have told customers to disable Hyper-Threading. Intel told us on Tuesday that most people won't have to disable Hyper-Threading; it depends on each individual's security requirements.
    So just how significant of a performance impact can Apple customers expect if they disable Hyper-Threading?

"Testing conducted by Apple in May 2019 showed as much as a 40 percent reduction in performance with tests that include multithreaded workloads and public benchmarks," the company said. That's based on the company's test systems, though, and the actual impact will vary between devices.
    Nobody wants their MacBook to be half as fast as it was before these mitigations were revealed. Because there isn't a known exploit involving the MDS flaws, these performance drops could be enough to convince many people not to defend their systems. It's pretty much like Intel said yesterday: everyone will have to decide for themselves if the improved security outweighs the dramatic performance impact.

Tech Novato Avatar de José Alberto
    Registo
    Jul 2014
    Avaliação
    Com todos estes problemas na Intel estou a pensar seriamente em que o meu próximo sistema seja AMD, incluindo a gráfica.
    Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel Core i7-4790K | 16GB Gskill Trident X DDR3-2133MHz | MSI GTX1070 Gaming X | SSD Crucial MX100 512GB | Corsair TX650M | Windows 10 64bits | Fractal Arc Midi R2

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Mais testes a mostrar as perdas de desempenho nos CPUs Intel, desta vez em Linux.
    As perdas de desempenho nos CPUs da Intel chegam a ser enormes, dependendo da aplicação.

The Performance Impact Of MDS / Zombieload Plus The Overall Cost Now Of Spectre/Meltdown/L1TF/MDS

O Administrador Avatar de LPC
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Boas!
    Para terem uma ideia...

Eu tive perdas de 20 a 40% de performance nos Xeons que uso nos servidores...
    Isto porque o funcionamento dos mesmos usa linux (CentOS) e utilizações de php e mysql...

Cumprimentos,

LPC

My Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 - 2600 @ 4.1Ghz @ 1.35v - Board: MSI AMD B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC - RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V 3200Mhz CAS 14-14-14-34 (2x8GB) - GPU: W.I.P ....
    Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S - Cooling: Arctic Cooling 2x F14 Silent + 1x F12 Silent - CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-D15S - Storage: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1 TB -PSU: Corsair HX1200i - Monitor: ACER XB270HU 1440p @ 144hz G-Sync

Tech Veterano Avatar de MTPS
    Registo
    Oct 2013
    Avaliação
    6 (100%)
    Mas que raio é isto? Mas é só nos MACs? Estou fora dessa problemática...também me vão devolver a percentagem de € que paguei pelo CPU pela perda de performance que tive? lol

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Não é apenas nos Macs, é em tudo. Windows, Linux, macOS, etc.
    Em parte são as perdas por causa das mitigações de segurança, mas mesmo isto não previne totalmente os novos problemas de segurança, por isso a Apple, bem como outras empresas, recomendam desligar o Hyper Threading.
    Entre as duas, dá a perda de desempenho de 40%.

Estas gerações de CPUs da Intel ainda vão ficar na história como alguns dos piores CPUs de sempre...

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Benchmarking AMD FX vs. Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPUs Following Spectre, Meltdown, L1TF, Zombieload

Lastly is a look at the geometric mean for all of the tests carried out successfully on all of the processors/combinations. The Intel Sandybridge/Ivybridge CPUs all basically remained faster than the AMD FX CPUs benchmarked even when mitigated and disabling SMT with the exception of the Core i3 2120. The Core i3 Sandybridge processor's geometric mean went from being ahead of all the FX processors to around the speed of the FX-8320E with the default mitigations and behind if disabling Hyper Threading. The Intel Core i5/i7 CPUs remained ahead but the Core i5 2500K saw a 14% hit to the performance in the benchmarks ran with the default mitigations. The Core i7 2700K and i7 3770K each saw around a 14% hit to the default mitigated performance as well but that extended to 18~19% if disabling Hyper Threading in the name of security. The AMD FX CPUs saw minimal change to performance with their relevant Spectre mitigations.
    Com estas mitigações para segurança da Intel, até os FX começam a ficar mais competitivos.....

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)

Tech Veterano Avatar de MTPS
    Registo
    Oct 2013
    Avaliação
    6 (100%)
    Há algum truque para desativar essa porcaria toda? Desde os primeiros até a estes...

Informação da Thread