Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AMD vs. NVIDIA Vulkan & OpenGL Linux Performance With The New Drivers

Thanks to AMD having released their new GPU-PRO "hybrid" Linux driver a few days ago, there is now Vulkan API support for Radeon GPU owners on Linux. This new AMD Linux driver holds much potential and the closed-source bits are now limited to user-space, among other benefits covered in dozens of Phoronix articles over recent months. With having this new driver in hand plus NVIDIA promoting their Vulkan support to the 364 Linux driver series, it's a great time for some benchmarking. Here are OpenGL and Vulkan atop Ubuntu 16.04 Linux for both AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards.
    The AMD GPU-PRO Beta driver stack released last week was used on the Radeon side. On the NVIDIA side was the 364.12 beta driver made public on Monday. All of the tests happened on an Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 system (Linux 4.4) with Intel Xeon E3-1280 v5 Skylake processor that has a 3.7GHz base clock frequency and 4.0GHz boost frequency. The system was utilizing a MSI C236A Workstation motherboard, 16GB of DDR4-2133 EUDIMM, and 120GB Samsung SSD 850. The AMD graphics cards in my possession that are natively supported by the AMDGPU kernel driver as mandated by the GPU-PRO stack is the GCN 1.2 based R9 285 (Tonga) and R9 Fury (Fiji). The PRO stack with its DKMS module does enable the experimental CIK/GCN1.1 support, so I was also able to test a Radeon R9 290 (Hawaii) as part of the mix. On the NVIDIA side, thanks to the company continuously sending out review samples for Linux testing, was the entire GTX 900 Maxwell line-up with the GeForce GTX 950, GTX 960, GTX 970, GTX 980, and GTX 980 Ti.
    The Vulkan benchmark utilized was The Talos Principle with testing the OpenGL and Vulkan renderer for each graphics card. Complementing those Vulkan vs. OpenGL TTP benchmarks were also a few other OpenGL benchmarks run via the Phoronix Test Suite for seeing how the new AMD GPU-PRO driver stack is comparing to NVIDIA's 364 Linux beta driver series.
    As more Vulkan benchmarks become available, you can of course expect to find more Linux GPU tests/comparisons on Phoronix of the different driver options. In a few days will also be some OpenCL benchmarks showing the compute performance between these latest NVIDIA/AMD drivers on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
    Toda a review:
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-nv-glvk&num=1
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Master Business & GPU Man Avatar de Enzo
    Registo
    Jan 2015
    Local
    País Campeão Euro 2016
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    41 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assim que vi a primeira imagem, já nem li mais nada. Todas aquelas, aqui na minha Showroom Glass Table>wishlist!!!
    Ideias sem Nexo e Provas do Tráfico de Hardware
    "que personifica o destino, equilíbrio e vingança divina." Dejá vú. Que cena!

Tech Membro Avatar de MAXLD
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    C.Branco
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crytek’s Technical Director Discusses DirectX 12, Says He Will Choose Vulkan Over DX12

Crytek’s Technical Director, Rok Erjavec recently shared his thoughts regarding the DirectX 12 and the performance boost gained from this API.

In an interview with DSOGaming, Erjavec discussed the performance gains from Directx 12. He said that when working with a low-level API, it is not about the features this API provides us but the opportunities it gives us while working close to hardware.

He further explained that for some developers DirectX 12 is an opportunity to create densely populated environments with more dynamic elements than ever before. He hopes that in the future more user friendly approaches will be developed which will differ, not entirely but majorly, from established rendering techniques.

Erjavec said that using software and hardware together to achieve better rendering techniques was not the best way to go. Now, software`s involvement has significantly reduced in the rendering techniques and hardware flexibility is increasing with time.

"There’s a wealth of academic research that was ill-suited to practical application through a combination of hardware and software abstraction limitations. With the latter getting out of the way, and hardware flexibility continually improving – more than things just getting iteratively “prettier” – we’re looking at a rise in experimentation again.

In a way, the industry has circled back to a place similar to where we were in the early-mid 90s, when software rasterization didn’t really impose any restraints on creativity beyond the 17ms barrier."

He further discussed the introduction of Universal Windows Platform (UWP) in the PC gaming. According to him, UWP is a platform with many possibilities; it can grow beyond the PC community and create new possibilities like cross platform, provided Microsoft implements it carefully and confidently.

Erjavec further explained the possibilities that Vulkan provides. He said that Vulkan is an API which is very useful in reaching wide range of PC community, who use different OSes. Vulkan is supported by Linux, Legacy Windows versions and mobile devices. On the other hand, DirectX is only limited to Windows and Xbox.

When asked about choosing between Vulkan and Directx 12, Rok Erjavec replied, saying:

"If we implemented Vulkan in CRYENGINE, we wouldn’t have to choose one, as titles built with our tech would work seamlessly with both, and thus leave this choice with the users instead."

He further said if they was to develop a game which will ship in 2017 and beyond, then “Vulkan looks like an appealing choice.”
    in http://techfrag.com/2016/05/20/cryte...es-directx-12/

Fica a dica. Venham eles.

Tech Membro Avatar de MAXLD
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    C.Branco
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brutal patch Vulkan no DOOM já está a bombar/live.

Holy shit, just tested the performance.
    OPENGL: UAC LOOKING AT FIRST GORE NEST - ~73FPS
    VULKAN: UAC LOOKING AT FIRST GORE NEST - ~110 FPS
    GPU: RADEON 390 8GB OC'ed @ 1070
    CPU: i5 2500k @4.2GHz
    EVERYTHING AT ULTRA SETTINGS 1080p

I just want to add that it runs fucking brilliantly on the Fury X, with an avg framerate of about 90 at 1440p Ultra. What an update!!
    To enable Vulkan API, go to Advanced Graphics settings and select it. Game will have to restarted for it to take effect.
    permalinkembed
    [–]FavoriteCentaurMoeNVIDIA 960 2 points 3 hours ago
    What was it running at before?

[–]cowsareverywhereAMD Fury X MG279Q 9 points 3 hours ago
    Would average around 65 and would drop to below 45 when things got crazy. So a huge difference for me!

[–]osossmart 6 points 3 hours ago
    That's INSANE!!

[–]cowsareverywhereAMD Fury X MG279Q 4 points 3 hours ago
    It fucking is, I am so psyched!! I am probably gonna start a new campaign, just to experience it again.

[–]FeralWookie 2 points an hour ago
    Ha, saw the same boost. I am used to a new render mode coming out and not seeing any noticeable difference in performance. But this is like buying a new video card...

OpenGL: 45-60 FPS
    Vulkan: 60-80 FPS (even sometimes 100 depends on load)
    AT THE SAME AREA!
    AND THIS IS WITH FUCKING 280X! WITH FX 8350 PLUGGED ON IT!
    Here is my settings: http://imgur.com/a/nYw5p

Wow I can play with Vsync now on Ultra without dropping below 60fps on my 290X (1080P).
    There's an area shortly after the Foundry level starts I liked to use for tweaking settings (after initial voice overs and then the first door opens exposing the large room with lava etc.) it would always drop to around 52-53fps here when pointing crosshair at gore nest in the distance.
    with Vsync this caused it to drop down to 30fps due to Doom only supporting double buffer vsync.
    There are many other areas in the game that had similar drops which made me finally give up on the idea of Vsync and deal with screen tearing.
    But now with Vulkan this same area in the Foundry is hovering 75FPS (!) on the Ultra preset and in other areas it'll run 120-150fps, Insanity! My CPU is an i7 920 lol (oc'd 3.5Ghz).
    I think it's safe to say the lower CPU overhead claim for Vulkan is real. Very cool.

Lol I still haven't finished the game... 1/3 of the way through. I recently added a Fury X Doom was running maybe in the mid 40-50 fps at 3440x1440 everything maxed out.
    Now with Vulkan and everything maxed out it is rarely dipping below 90 FPS. Seems like a pretty solid improvement for AMD.
    Granted Doom was already a game than ran great on Nvidia and well enough on most AMD hardware. Still nice to see it easily push frame rates high enough to enjoy high refresh monitors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment..._live_1172016/

Tech Bencher Avatar de reiszink
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excelentes ganhos, sem duvida.

Fica a faltar o update para o pessoal das Nvidia, a Bethesda prometeu para breve.
    Intel i7 5820K - ASRock X99M Killer - 16GB G.Skill DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 - Plextor M6e 256GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - Corsair H110 - EVGA G3 750W - Acer 27" 144Hz IPS - Zowie EC2-A - Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - HyperX Cloud II Pro

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Como há aqui no fórum muitas 980Ti, alguém que tenha também o DOOM, consegue testar para corroborar ou desmentir isto?

Vemos aí ganhos que por vezes chegam aos 75fps em Vulkan, seria interessante tirar isso a limpo.

DOOM benefits greatly from Vulkan – Vulkan versus OpenGL Performance Comparison
    Intel i7 5820K - ASRock X99M Killer - 16GB G.Skill DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 - Plextor M6e 256GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - Corsair H110 - EVGA G3 750W - Acer 27" 144Hz IPS - Zowie EC2-A - Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - HyperX Cloud II Pro

Tech Membro Avatar de cybman
    Registo
    Jul 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o jogo está lento? queres mais frames? até com uma 970 consigo jogar a 3440x1440 em ultra
    PC - NZXT S320 -- Intel Core I7 5930K -- ASUS X99-S -- EVGA GTX 980TI -- 16GB DDR4 GSkill Ripjaws 2400Mhz -- 2x Sandisk Ultra SSD 940GB-- Samsung S34E790c
    AV - Samsung 65JS9500 -- Marantz SR7010 -- 2x KEF Q900 -- 1x KEF Q600 -- 2x Rega R1 -- Nvidia Shield TV -- Projector JVC 950

O Administrador Avatar de LPC
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de cybman Ver Post
    o jogo está lento? queres mais frames? até com uma 970 consigo jogar a 3440x1440 em ultra
    So true!

Aqui na 1070 tenho o jogo perto dos 144fps sempre ali batidos...

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    My Specs: .....
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D :-: Board: MSI B550M BAZOOKA :-: RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade 3600 Mhz CL16 :-: Storage: Kingston NV2 NVMe 2 TB + Kingston NV2 NVMe 1 TB
    CPU Cooling Solution: ThermalRight Frost Commander 140 Black + ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM :-: PSU: Corsair HX 1200 WATTS
    Case: NZXT H6 FLOW :-: Internal Cooling: 4x ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + 4x ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM
    GPU: SAPPHIRE
    NITRO+ AMD RADEON RX 7800 XT - 16 GB :-: Monitor: BenQ EW3270U 4K HDR

Tech Veterano Avatar de Morais-GT
    Registo
    Jun 2013
    Local
    Wherever I Want
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de cybman Ver Post
    A questão não é essa.

O que se quer saber é se aqueles resultados têm alguma veracidade....

Tech Membro Avatar de cybman
    Registo
    Jul 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    deve-me ter escapado alguma coisa mas acho que o vulcan do doom ainda não é suportado pela Nvidia.
    só se saiu alguma versão beta

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/new...t-to-doom.html

For Nvidia that is not a similar result. I ran the test with the very latest 368.69 WHQL driver on the GeForce GTX 1070, Vulkan does not seem to kick in. Overall seen from the previous driver OpenGL 4.5 perf has increased overall a tiny bit, however with Vulkan activate in WQHD and UHD there even is a tiny bit of negative scaling. I have re-tested both OpenGL and Vulkan with the 368.69 WHQL driver. My bet is that we'll see another driver released by Nvidia soon enough.
    PC - NZXT S320 -- Intel Core I7 5930K -- ASUS X99-S -- EVGA GTX 980TI -- 16GB DDR4 GSkill Ripjaws 2400Mhz -- 2x Sandisk Ultra SSD 940GB-- Samsung S34E790c
    AV - Samsung 65JS9500 -- Marantz SR7010 -- 2x KEF Q900 -- 1x KEF Q600 -- 2x Rega R1 -- Nvidia Shield TV -- Projector JVC 950

Tech Veterano Avatar de Morais-GT
    Registo
    Jun 2013
    Local
    Wherever I Want
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Não é sobre a 980Ti, mas não deixam de ser interessante os ganhos que se obtêm

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nvidia a lançar os tentáculos ao Vulkan.

Vulkan 1.0.25 Moves To Single-Branch Model, Adds NVIDIA Extensions

O Administrador Avatar de LPC
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de reiszink Ver Post
    Boas!
    Pois...

Adicionar extensões específicas para o hardware deles no Vulkan... Not... nice...

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    My Specs: .....
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D :-: Board: MSI B550M BAZOOKA :-: RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade 3600 Mhz CL16 :-: Storage: Kingston NV2 NVMe 2 TB + Kingston NV2 NVMe 1 TB
    CPU Cooling Solution: ThermalRight Frost Commander 140 Black + ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM :-: PSU: Corsair HX 1200 WATTS
    Case: NZXT H6 FLOW :-: Internal Cooling: 4x ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + 4x ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM
    GPU: SAPPHIRE
    NITRO+ AMD RADEON RX 7800 XT - 16 GB :-: Monitor: BenQ EW3270U 4K HDR

Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Em breve vamos ter suporte para Vulkan no Riva tuner statistic server (MSIAfterburner)

Ryzen R5 3700X / Noctua NH-D15 / B550 AORUS ELITE V2 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / Seasonic Focus GX 750W / Sabrent Q Rocket 2 TB / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb / Edifier R1700BT

Tech Membro
    Registo
    Apr 2014
    Local
    Porto
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cada vez mais o vulkan implementado agora falta ver se o vulkan conseguirá em curto prazo trazer melhorias para os jogos
    Be Cool, Be Nice Like Me & You

Página 5 de 6 PrimeiroPrimeiro ... 3456 ÚltimoÚltimo

Informação da Thread