Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gets £100 Collector's Edition

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will launch September 1 in both a Day 1 Edition and a limited Collector's Edition, Konami has announced.Day 1 Edition £59.99 PS4/Xbox One/Steam, £49.99 PS3/Xbox 360:

• MAP (Physical Version Only)
    • DLC items
    • - Adam-ska Special Handgun
    • - Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver)
    • - Cardboard Box (Wetland)
    • - Fatigues (Blue Urban Snake Costume)
    • - METAL GEAR ONLINE XP BOOST

Collector's Edition £99.99 PS4/Xbox One - GAME Exclusive:

• Half Scale Replica of Snake's Bionic Arm
    • Collectible SteelBook
    • Behind the Scenes Documentary & Trailers Blu-ray Disc
    • MAP
    • Exclusive Packaging

• WEAPON & SHIELD PACK
    • - Windurger S333 Combat Special Revolver
    • - Adam-ska Special Handgun
    • - Maschinen aktische Pistole 5 Weiss Special Handgun
    • - Rasp Short-Barreled Shotgun Gold
    • - Personal Ballistic Shield (Olive Drab)
    • - Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver)
    • - Personal Ballistic Shield (White)
    • - Personal Ballistic Shield (Gold)

• CARDBOARD BOXES
    • - Cardboard Box (Rocky Terrain)
    • - Cardboard Box (All-Purpose Dryland)
    • - Cardboard Box (Wetland)

• SNAKE COSTUMES
    • - Fatigues (Black Ocelot)
    • - Fatigues (Gray Urban)
    • - Fatigues (Blue Urban)
    • - Fatigues (All-Purpose Dryland)

• Other
    • - ‘VENOM SNAKE' Emblem

• MGO BOOST
    • - METAL GEAR ONLINE XP BOOST

• MGO Items
    • - Metal Gear Rex Helmet
    • - AM MRS-4 GOLD Assault Rifle
    • - WU S. PISTOL GOLD

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain launches September 1 on Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3. The Steam version will follow two weeks later on September 15.
    Pre-order Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain now.
    Ryzen R5 3700X / Noctua NH-D15 / B550 AORUS ELITE V2 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / Seasonic Focus GX 750W / Sabrent Q Rocket 2 TB / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb / Edifier R1700BT

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain vs Ground Zeroes Screenshot Comparison Shows Substantial Improvements

The recent dispute between the video game developer Kojima Productions and its publisher Konami is no secret now. However, it seems like the second episode of Kojima’s most critically acclaimed open world action-adventure third-person shooter stealth video game title called Metal Gear Solid V is still in production without being affected from the on-going controversy, and if the screenshot comparison between Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes is to be taken into consideration, it looks like the upcoming title is turning out to be pretty great with many graphical improvements over its prologue.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Features Improved Lightning and Texture Detail Compared to its Predecessor; Ground Zeroes

The most anticipated sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed Metal Gear Solid title from Kojima Productions is still months away from hitting the local market, but the developer is treating its fans with new content and updates on the development process. Based on the aftermath of the events of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain finds Snake, the main protagonist of the series, recovered from a coma and on a hunt with his newly formed mercenary group for the men responsible for the destruction of Militaires Sans Frontières. The upcoming title is an epic of Metal Gear fun, and Kojima Productions is making sure that fun comes with all the charm.
    Some direct-feed same sequence comparison screenshots of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain vs Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes have emerged on the internet, courtesy of the good folks over at MGOForums, showing how the lighting and other visual assets of the upcoming title have been greatly improved over its prologue. In addition to visible improvements in texture detail and lighting effects, the comparison screenshots also showcase how Snake looks like nine years after the events of Ground Zeroes. You can check out the screenshots below, which have been taken from trailers that were separately released by the developer for both titles.
    Note that in each comparison pair, the screenshot on the top is from Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, and the one below it is from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is set to launch on September 1, 2015 for PlayStation 4 PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. The PC version of the game will become available a couple of weeks after the initial release, on September 15, 2015.

http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain ‘Doctor’ Looks Identical to Head Transplant Doctor

During the last couple of days a new thread on the Neogaf forums has gained a lot of popularity. Centered around ‘The Doctor’ from Metal Gear V: The Phantom Pain and his resemblance to Italian Head Transplant Doctor Sergio Canavero.

The Doctor was first introduced at GDC 2013, while Cadavero revealed his plans to perform first ever human head transplant in July 2013. According to the Neogaf post, Cadavero is doing a talk in Cyprus, which is where the hospital in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is located.
    Dr. Sergio Cadavero is being branded as a real-life Victor Frankenstein

Dr. Sergio Canavero is an Italian surgeon developing HEAVEN, a procedure for transplanting the human head. He is now being branded as a real-life Victor Frankenstein, the fictional scientist who assembled different human body parts.
    Dr Canavero believes that impossible is only a way of the mind. By changing perspective, everything becomes attainable.
    He proved so when in three months at age 27 worked out the mechanism of one of the most intractable medical mysteries ever, central pain syndrome.
    Against accepted neurological lore, he restored partial consciousness in patients in the persistent vegetative state and introduced motor cortex stimulation for the treatment of movement disorders and stroke rehabilitation.
    In 2013, he made worldwide news with his project of cerebrosomatic anastomosis (Head Transplant) and again in 2014 with his cortical stimulation proposal for the treatment of psychopaths.
    He authored several books and more than 100 scientific papers. He directs the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group, a Think Tank for the advancement of neuromodulation.
    Dr Canavero believes that the brain does not generate consciousness, but only filters it. His goal is to open the filter and see what lies beyond.

Kojima’s name as well as the Kojima Productions logo have been removed from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Box Art

Following Hideo Kojima’s recent departure from Konami, and the subsequent changes that resulted, there is chance some details in the game might have been altered. Kojima’s name as well as the Kojima Productions logo, was even removed from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain box art.

Even though there has been talk regarding Kojima’s control over the game series, as well as the Fox engine powering MGS V and other Konami games, like the Pro Evolution series, both rights belong to Konami. Hideo Kojima has previously stated that he wanted MGS V to be his last metal Gear game and that he wanted to move ahead with other projects.
    Konami plans to continue the Metal Gear series, and even though Kojima’s departure will certainly have a big impact on the development of future installments, his guidance over many years of development, has surely molded a few deserving people, that could prove to be worthy of following where Kojima left off.
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is set to launch on September 1, 2015 for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, the Xbox One and the Xbox 360. PC gamers need to wait a few weeks to get their hands on the game, which comes out on September 15, 2015 for the PC. We will bring you any new information on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check out our previous coverage of MGS V for more, here and here.

http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal Gear Online Has Up to 8v8 Multiplayer on PC, Xbox One and PS4

It’s been confirmed that Metal Gear Online, which is the online component to Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, will support a healthy 8v8 match on the new generation consoles and the PC, though only up to 12 players total on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Metal Gear Online will support up to 16 players total on PC, PS4 and the Xbox One.

The limitation on last generation consoles is apparently a hardware limitation as Metal Gear Solid 5 will be quite the visually stunning game and the older generation hardware simply can’t handle 16 players on screen at once.
    The original Metal Gear Online was fantastically received when it was first released as part of Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3 in 2008. And just like the original, this iteration will emphasize a different set of qualities than is normally required for online games. Instead of focusing on the usual aspects of firepower and quickness above all else, stealth will be the primary locus for success. Metal Gear Online emphasizes being sneaky and silent in order to be the number one. Sound, footprints and even your shadow can all be used to locate you and disrupt your chances of success.

Overall the atmosphere should prove to be quite different than what we are used to in an online game. While camping and being stealthy are all prized in competition, they generally aren’t the main focus. this changes things up a bit, making for a remarkable experience.
    Metal Gear Online will be released as a separate but included game within Metal Gear Solid 5, though just as with the last online component, there is no reason why there can’t be a standalone online game released sometime after the main game.
    The release date for Metal Gear Solid 5, and thus Metal Gear Online, is still scheduled to be September 1st 2015. The issues between Kojima Productions and Konami apparently haven’t had any real effect on the development of the game thus far.

Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parece que estamos perante o fim da Konami como a empresa de jogos que conhecíamos.

Ryzen R5 3700X / Noctua NH-D15 / B550 AORUS ELITE V2 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / Seasonic Focus GX 750W / Sabrent Q Rocket 2 TB / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb / Edifier R1700BT

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal Gear Solid 5: Kiefer Sutherland’s Performance Will Surprise People

Youtuber Yongyea recently got in touch Paul Eiding, the voice of Colonel Campbell. During their interview Paul spoke about Kiefer Sutherland and his performance as Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

His information came from Kris Zimmerman, the voice director for all Metal Gear Solid games including The Phantom Pain.
    “All I can tell you is this. I’ll tell you what Kris said. I just saw her last week and Kris said people are going to be be surprised. She said, not about the game, she can’t talk about the game at all, but she had her questions about working with Kiefer. She had no idea what he was going to be like. She said all I can tell you is that ‘He’s a dream to work with.’ Said that hes been really receptive, because she knows the game better than he does. She said hes just been wonderful.”
    Paul continues to talk about David Hayter, the voice of Snake in previous Metal Gear installments, and whether he orders Hayter around in real life, as the Colonel did with Snake.
    “Listen, I do just the opposite. I suck up to David [laughs]. He’s a Writer/Producer, you kidding me? I’m begging him to put me in one of his movies, you know. I know Jason Momoa., I’m about the third of the size of Jason. David’s one of those guys that I will do anything for. He’s a class act. I called him years ago when my daughters were still in high school. I ran a program with another guy called ‘Visiting Professionals.’ Our daughters went to an arts high school. We would bring in people from the arts. We had academy award winners, we had producers, directors, writers, actors and dancers come in.”

“And the group that was coming to watch these visiting professionals were across the board. There were some tech guys, actors, dancers, singers, musicians. Ok? Generally, all the techie guys would sit in the back, all the nerds would sit in the back, and be kind of bored. There were some guys who wanted to be animators, these were high school kids. They never asked questions.”
    “I said ‘There’s gotta be a way to get to these guys,’ so I asked David. I called him, here is the deal, and explained what the situation was. ‘You only have to come in for an hour, it’s near the end of school,’ he said ‘When do you want me to be there?’”
    “I gave him the date, he came, and all the guys in the back loved it. They had all the questions, they were engaged, and they felt like somebody actually gave a crap about them. David stayed for, I think like two and a half hours, finished the class and then hung around, signed autographs and just was a mensch about the whole thing.”
    “He’s a winner, he really is. I wish him nothing but huge success, and he’s doing OK. I won’t order him around. [laughs]”
    There are rumors that David Hayter will be reprising his role as a young Solid Snake in The Phantom Pain.
    Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom launches 1st September on PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360. Steam users can play the game on September 15th. Be sure to check out our previous coverage on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain for more information, here and here.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New details, screenshots from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

A European Metal Gear Solid fan site has posted new screenshots from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which showcase Snake and Diamond Dog.

Each mission in the game features opening and closing credits, with plenty of side-objectives offering additional rewards for gamers. The Phantom Pain has open ended game play, and many missions don't require numerous return trips to Mother Base.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is scheduled for release in September for the PC, Microsoft Xbox One and Sony PlayStation 4.

Noticia:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/45750/...ain/index.html

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal Gear Solid V – Recent Poll Suggests PC Most Popular Platform for The Phantom Pain

According to a recent poll, gamers are mostly looking forward to playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on the PC. Despite the fact that very few games in the Metal Gear franchise have been available on the platform, the prospect of mods, as well as the option of using higher resolutions does seem rather appealing.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, demonstrated how amazing a well optimized Metal Gear title can look and play on the PC platform, so it its understandable that many PC gamers are looking forward to the release of The Phantom Pain in September.

Metal Gear solid V is surely going to be a very controversial game

Both because of the themes it tackles as well as because of the buzz surrounding it, caused by the Konami/Kojima dispute and the alleged transplant doctor controversies. Additionally, David Hayter, long time voice actor of Solid Snake and Big Boss got replaced by Kiefer Sutherland. A strange theory is floating around claiming that Hayter will be back as Solid Snake.

Last year, the voice actor of Raiden, Quinton Flynn hinted that Hayter will still be Solid Snake and Sutherland is only taking up the role of Big Boss. In a recent interview with Yong Yea, Flynn shared his thoughts:
    “In fact a petition went around, not only did I sign, I wrote a letter of support for David. He’s brilliant, he’s a good friend, I love him. He deserves the role, he originated it. I supported that. As we know, in any kind of business there’s more to the story that we don’t know. So it had to be some kind of a business decision. “Why?” I don’t know, I don’t know that I’ll ever know. Only David know. Hideo knows. They probably know more than Kiefer knows. I think he got the job and I’m sure he was happy to do it. I’ve not heard what he’s done at all. I don’t have any insider information. But he’s Kiefer Sutherland, so I can imagine what it’ll sound like and I’m sure it’ll be fine…whatever.”

Kojima previously stated that Sutherland was brought in for Metal Gear Solid V because they wanted to convey emotions not only through dialogue but through facial gestures as well, suggesting that this was more a creative decision.
    Flynn is convinced that Sutherland will indeed deliver a capable performance in The Phantom Pain.
    “Kiefer, you may not know me, but I love you buddy. I’m a big fan, and I do also know Kiefer is a musician. He told me about the club he had, I don’t know if he still has it. Everything I’ve gotten from Kiefer as an actor and from interviews I’ve seen, he seems like a stand up guy, a genuine guy. I’m sure he’s going to do quite a capable performance. I don’t have any problem with him. It’s a decision that is above and beyond us, and that’s what happens in this business. I’ve replaced actors, actors have replaced me. It’s just a part of the game.”
    Konami promised to clarify things about Hideo Kojima in the future. Kojima’s name is still included in the game’s credits.
    More information about the Phantom Pain will be revealed next month and we will certainly be getting some new footage at E3 2015.
    We will bring you any new information regarding Metal Gear Solid V, Konami and Hideo Kojima as soon as it becomes available.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has Microtransactions

The Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’s pre-order page on the PlayStation Store has revealed that the game has optional in-game microtransactions.
    As you can be seen in the image below, the italian page says “Acquisti in-game opzionali”, that translates to “Optional in-game purchases”.

There are no further details as to what the microtransactions could be related to, but hopefully they are entirely optional and do not have an impact in the overall gaming experience.
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be available on 1st September for PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 and on 15th September for PC (only via Steam).
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is surely going to be a very controversial game

Both because of the themes it tackles as well as because of the buzz surrounding it, caused by the Konami/Kojima dispute and the alleged transplant doctor controversies. Additionally, David Hayter, long time voice actor of Solid Snake and Big Boss got replaced by Kiefer Sutherland. A strange theory is floating around claiming that Hayter will be back as Solid Snake.

Last year, the voice actor of Raiden, Quinton Flynn hinted that Hayter will still be Solid Snake and Sutherland is only taking up the role of Big Boss. In a recent interview with Yong Yea, Flynn shared his thoughts:

“In fact a petition went around, not only did I sign, I wrote a letter of support for David. He’s brilliant, he’s a good friend, I love him. He deserves the role, he originated it. I supported that. As we know, in any kind of business there’s more to the story that we don’t know. So it had to be some kind of a business decision. “Why?” I don’t know, I don’t know that I’ll ever know. Only David know. Hideo knows. They probably know more than Kiefer knows. I think he got the job and I’m sure he was happy to do it. I’ve not heard what he’s done at all. I don’t have any insider information. But he’s Kiefer Sutherland, so I can imagine what it’ll sound like and I’m sure it’ll be fine…whatever.”
    Sutherand was more a creative decision for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Kojima previously stated that Sutherland was brought in for Metal Gear Solid V because they wanted to convey emotions not only through dialogue but through facial gestures as well, suggesting that this was more a creative decision.
    Flynn is convinced that Sutherland will indeed deliver a capable performance in The Phantom Pain.
    “Kiefer, you may not know me, but I love you buddy. I’m a big fan, and I do also know Kiefer is a musician. He told me about the club he had, I don’t know if he still has it. Everything I’ve gotten from Kiefer as an actor and from interviews I’ve seen, he seems like a stand up guy, a genuine guy. I’m sure he’s going to do quite a capable performance. I don’t have any problem with him. It’s a decision that is above and beyond us, and that’s what happens in this business. I’ve replaced actors, actors have replaced me. It’s just a part of the game.”
    Konami promised to clarify things about Hideo Kojima in the future. Kojima’s name is still included in the game’s credits.
    More information about the Phantom Pain will be revealed next month and we will certainly be getting some new footage at E3 2015.
    We will bring you any new information regarding Metal Gear Solid V, Konami and Hideo Kojima as soon as it becomes available.
    source

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Custom Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain motorbike unveiled

Metal Gear Solid has had a love affair with Triumph motorcycles for years, having featured them in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. To continue that trend and celebrate the upcoming Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, Triumph have created a custom VTB:1 Venom motorbike in real life.
    Based off of the Triumph Bonneville T100 that Snake rides in the new game, the Venom has been styled to look like it’s ready for action, with the “stripped back edge” that’s required of such a tool of Snake’s trade. While it does feature some artwork depicting the Diamond Dogs logo, this bike comes without a speedometer, without mirrors or a rev counter, as in the world of Phantom Pain, those are just unneeded extras.

With function defining form, Triumph also fitted the bike with off-roading Continental TKC80 tyres, a reduced height seat made from neoprene and kevlar leather “inspired by Snake’s iconic combat wear,” according to AGB. If you happen to have a spare ammo crate with you (or you know, a bag) then the rack at the back will be perfect for tying it down.
    Other standout features include a JVB rumbler headlight, heavy duty fork springs, colour matched callipers and off road foot pegs, completing the look. The bike was first shown off in person at this year’s MCM London Comic Con and will tour around the UK throughout the year.
    Noticia:
    http://www.kitguru.net/channel/gener...bike-unveiled/

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NVIDIA GameWorks Enhancements Coming in Upcoming Metal Gear Solid Game

A blog post on NVIDIA's site indicates that Konami's upcoming game Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will make use of NVIDIA technologies, a move that will undoubtedly wrankle AMD graphics users who can't always see the full benefit of GameWorks enhancements.

"The world of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is going to be 200 times larger than the one explored in Ground Zeroes. Because so much of this game’s action depends on stealth, graphics are a key part of the gameplay. Shadows, light, and terrain have to be rendered perfectly. That’s a huge challenge in a game where the hero is free to find his own way from one point to another. Our engineers are signed up to work closely with Konami to get the graphics just right and to add special effects."
    Now technically this quote doesn't confirm the use of any proprietary NVIDIA technology, though it sounds like that's exactly what will be taking place. In the wake of the Witcher 3 HairWorks controversy any such enhancements will certainly be looked upon with interest (especially as the next piece of big industry news will undoubtedly be coming with AMD's announcement later today at E3).
    It's hard to argue with better graphical quality in high profile games such as the latest Metal Gear Solid installment, but there is certainly something to be said for adherence to open standards to ensure a more unified experience across GPUs. The dialog about inclusion though adherence to standards vs. proprietary solutions has been very heated with the FreeSync/G-Sync monitor refresh debate, and GameWorks is a series of tools that serves to further divide gamers, even as it provides an enhanced experience with GeForce GPUs.

Such advantages will likely matter less with DirectX 12 mitigating some differences with more efficiency in the vein of AMD's Mantle API, and if the rumored Fiji cards from AMD offer superior performance and arrive priced competitively this will matter even less. For now even though details are nonexistent expect an NVIDIA GeForce GPU to have the advantage in at least some graphical aspects of the latest Metal Gear title when it arrives on PC.
    Noticia:
    http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-C...ear-Solid-Game

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Konami assures gamers: No pay to win option in Metal Gear Solid V

Konami has released a 40-minute game play video of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, after screenshots and details about the game were published earlier this month. Although gamers are excited, there has been concern regarding how the game will support microtransactions.

Microtransactions have been included to assist gamers "who might not be able to spend as much time with the game," according to Konami. Here are some additional details about microtransactions in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:

"While it is true that a few microtransactions options do exist, the entire game has been carefully balanced to be fair and enjoyable with or without using these options," Konami said. "There's no pay to win option. Rest assured that every single item, weapon, and mission in the game is available to all players without paying a single cent."

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is scheduled for release on September 1, playable on PC, Sony PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Noticia:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/46025/...lid/index.html

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' Shows One Final Demo At E3

September 1 is only a few months away, but that didn't stop Konami from showing off yet another gameplay demo of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. The game was split into two parts with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, which was out first last year. The short demo gave us a small prologue of the events that lead up to the latest chapter in Big Boss' story.
    Just like most of the other demos at E3, we weren't allowed to take pictures of gameplay, but there was more than enough action shown to give us an idea of how players will handle each mission in the game.
    Commence Mission

Stealth has always been an important part of the Metal Gear Solid series. As a one-man army, you have to evade enemies, complete the mission objectives, and extract from the field without being seen. Of course, you can go the other route and just shoot everybody in sight.

Over the years, the series has slowly evolved from utilizing several areas to a completely open world, with the latter being heavily featured in The Phantom Pain. You can choose from an expansive list of missions, with each one not only advancing the story in some way, but also expanding your Mother Base, your base of operation in the middle of the ocean.
    The demo started with Big Boss landing in the middle of an arid region, far away from his main target. Along the way, he encountered a few enemies, which can be dealt with lethally or non-lethally, or you can avoid them altogether. If you do decide to knock them out, you can use hand-to-hand combat, which includes a new weapon: Big Boss' Bionic Arm. The arm can be used not only for punching, but it also carries an electrical charge that can knock out enemies.
    From there, players can use the Fulton Recovery System to strap large balloons on them to add to your army on Mother Base. Captured troops can then be assigned to various tasks to make the base more fully operational, such as weapons development and intelligence. The Fulton system is a useful tool, as it can also capture other things, such as small vehicles and animals, to help bolster your base's various resources.
    The strength of your Mother Base is also a factor in online play, which Konami briefly discussed. Depending on the strength of your forces, you can launch an assault against another player's base to take more supplies and soldiers as your own. For some, this is a whole new feature, but it was actually carried over from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, a game that was originally for the PlayStation Portable, and serves as the predecessor to Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain in terms of the story's canon.
    It's The Little Things

We also got another glimpse of D-Horse, one of the many options to traverse large portions of the map. The horse can also come in handy when traveling off-road, especially on steep hills. Big Boss can also lean on one of the horse to remain hidden from enemies as they pass by him.
    Weather is another factor during missions. An oncoming sandstorm can be hazardous, as it's hard to see anything within 10 feet, but you can use it to your advantage to get closer to an enemy-infested compound or even getting the drop on a target. You can also use Big Boss' Phantom Cigar to speed up time so that you can infiltrate under the cover of night as opposed to daylight, when you can be seen from a mile away.
    One of the best tools so far is the one that can fit in Big Boss' pocket. The iDroid is a device that displays known areas of the world on a map, as well as other information such as known enemy locations and mission objectives. You can also use it to call for reinforcements by way of attack helicopters. Throughout the game, it also serves as a way of displaying quick notifications to the player, such as when a soldier arrives at Mother Base, when you reach a customized waypoint on a map, or when research on a certain weapon or item is complete. However, the notifications can be a bit overwhelming, as I saw at one point during the demo, with multiple alerts coming in at the same time.
    The End?

Big Boss eventually reaches his target, and even though he is discovered, he successfully evades death by deploying smoke grenades and even using inflatable balloons shaped to his likeness to distract enemies. He then calls a helicopter for extraction and the demo finally ends.
    As a longtime Metal Gear Solid fan, The Phantom Pain serves as another marker of how far the game has come since I was first introduced to it in the late '90s. What started for me as a game featuring a pixelated 3D model has evolved into an impressive display of graphics, open-world gameplay, and a base management system. The story of Solid Snake ended with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and this game serves as another chapter in the story of his father, Big Boss. However, considering the reports of fallout between series creator Hideo Kojima and Konami, the game's publisher, this could be the final game in the stealth action series.
    Noticia:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/mgs...015,29462.html

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal Gear Solid V – 30 Minutes of Amazing Gameplay

Konami has released a new video of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, featuring 30 minutes of gameplay, which can be viewed below. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain releases on September 1st for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and on PC on September 15.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is surely going to be a very controversial game

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain releases on September 1st for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and on PC on September 15. We will bring you any new information regarding Metal Gear Solid V, Konami and Hideo Kojima as soon as it becomes available.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal Gear Solid V – Producer Responds to Graphics Downgrade Allegations

Konami has released quite a lot of gameplay footage over the last couple of weeks for the upcoming Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and it seems that some people were not that impressed with what they have been seeing lately of the latest iteration of the beloved franchise.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Producer Responds to Graphics Downgrade Allegations

Some believe that the latest footage, which can be viewed further down, exhibits a graphics downgrade especially in shadows, textures, and colors.
    Producer Ken-ichiro Imaizumi, responding to question on twitter addressed these concerns directly.

Página 4 de 9 PrimeiroPrimeiro ... 23456 ... ÚltimoÚltimo

Informação da Thread