Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oculus Rift

Site Oficial: http://www.oculusvr.com/

Faltava cá a thread para se falar do Oculus Rift.

Começo com a noticia de que o VR da Samsung vai usar tecnologia da Oculus.

Samsung and Oculus partner to create Gear VR, a virtual reality headset that uses the Note 4 (hands-on)

Ryzen R5 3700X / Noctua NH-D15 / B550 AORUS ELITE V2 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / Seasonic Focus GX 750W / Sabrent Q Rocket 2 TB / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb / Edifier R1700BT

O Administrador Avatar de LPC
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boas!
    Sou sincero gostava de testar essa coisa para perceber se realmente a sensação de imersão é realmente boa...

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    My Specs: .....
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D :-: Board: MSI B550M BAZOOKA :-: RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade 3600 Mhz CL16 :-: Storage: Kingston NV2 NVMe 2 TB + Kingston NV2 NVMe 1 TB
    CPU Cooling Solution: ThermalRight Frost Commander 140 Black + ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM :-: PSU: Corsair HX 1200 WATTS
    Case: NZXT H6 FLOW :-: Internal Cooling: 4x ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + 4x ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM
    GPU: ASUS TUF
    AMD RADEON RX 7900 XTX - 24 GB :-: Monitor: BenQ EW3270U 4K HDR

Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cá fica a keynote do Carmack no Oculus Connect 2014

Ryzen R5 3700X / Noctua NH-D15 / B550 AORUS ELITE V2 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / Seasonic Focus GX 750W / Sabrent Q Rocket 2 TB / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb / Edifier R1700BT

Tech Mestre
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eu só não sei o bem que isso faz á vista...

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mais uma empresa a entrar na competição do VR.

Carl Zeiss unveils VR One headset, similar to Samsung's Gear VR but half the price

We’re still waiting for a consumer version of the Oculus Rift, the device that reignited everyone’s interest in virtual reality. The first prototype surfaced more than two years ago and in the interim, we’ve seen a handful of other companies beat Facebook-owned Oculus VR to the punch.The latest virtual reality headset comes from Carl Zeiss, a company that knows a thing or two about optics. Their solution, the Carl Zeiss VR One, is similar to Samsung’s Gear VR headset in that it works in conjunction with a smartphone but unlike Sammy’s solution, it isn’t limited to a particular brand of phone.

Instead, the VR One will work with Android and iOS phones featuring a minimum screen size of 4.7-inches up to 5.2-inches (Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6 Plus and all Windows Phone devices need not apply). Your phone fits into a custom tray called a drawer which then slides into the front of the headset. At present, the VR One only supports the Galaxy S5 and the iPhone 6 although I suspect they’ll offer more options in due time.
    The Carl Zeiss VR One is available for pre-order as of writing priced at just $99.90 while additional drawers sell for $9.90 each. At this price, the device is twice as cheap as the Gear VR which only works with the Galaxy Note 4, a handset that’ll set you back an additional $800+.

That’s the good news. The bad news is that, as Wired points out, the Zeiss team doesn’t really have any idea what to do with it. They’ve created two demo apps but aside from that, it looks like they’ll be relying on developers to build apps for the device.
    It’ll no doubt be a tough sell without a ton of support but at least they seem to have the price and compatibility issues figured out.
    The first units are expected to ship in time for the holidays.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark Zuckerberg speaks out on expectations for virtual reality

Facebook went ahead and acquired Oculus earlier this year, giving the company the funding it needed to continue perfecting its virtual reality headset. However, Zuckerberg isn’t looking to rush this new technology, in-fact, he’s pretty certain that the Oculus Rift will take a few cycles and “a bunch of years” to become truly mainstream.During a Facebook quarterly earnings call today, Zuckerberg talked a little bit about his long term plans for virtual reality, stating that it “needs to reach a very large scale, 50 to 100 million units, before it will really be a very meaningful thing as a computing platform”.
    He went on to explain to investors that VR success is hard to predict but he thinks it will take “a bunch of years” to get there: “I don’t think it’s going to get to 50 or 100 million units in the next few years, right? That’ll take a few cycles of the device to get there.”
    Earlier this month we found out that Oculus actually lost money developing its prototype after its Kickstarter. The company clearly needed more money to continue development and Facebook stepped in to provide the funding. There has been concerns that Facebook will ruin Oculus but everything seems fine so far, Zuckerberg doesn’t seem to be in a rush to earn that $2 billion back:
    “When you get to that scale, that’s when it starts to be interesting as a business, in terms of developing out of the ecosystem. So when I’m talking about it as a 10-year thing, I’m talking about building the first set of devices, and then building the audience and the ecosystem around that, until it eventually becomes a business.”

Tech Membro Avatar de ziza
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    Em frente ao PC
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epa mesmo que a imersão seja mesmo boa, não me via a usar um trambolho destes...

Cumps,
    ziza

GIF Master Avatar de tiran
    Registo
    Apr 2013
    Local
    Moscovo
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ziza e quando for assim?

Ps. Inventem uma versão sem fios, junta-se teclado e rato sem fios e era o sonho molhado do Turtolius e os seus setups minimalistas...
    GOD OF AWESOME SIGNATURES - KING OF GIFS - TRIGGER OF TROLLS

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James Cameron believes the current state of virtual reality is rather boring

Facebook was certainly sold on the current state of virtual reality when it agreed to acquire Oculus VR for $2 billion earlier this year. The same can’t be said for others, however, like renowned film maker James Cameron.On the subject of virtual reality during a recent interview at a Wall Street Journal event in California, Cameron said there seems to be a lot of excitement around something that, is a yawn, frankly.
    The question that has always occurred to him is when is it going to be mature, when is it going to be accepted by the public at large and when are people going to start authoring in virtual reality? Thus far, he (correctly) notes that there aren’t any VR applications that allow the user to do much more than look around at a virtual world.
    If you want to move through a virtual reality, Cameron added, it’s called a video game and they’ve been around forever.
    While it’s hard to argue with those points, it’s also a bit surprising that they’re coming from the man who took special effects to a whole new level in the 1991 hit film Terminator 2: Judgment Day. He spent more than 10 years working on Avatar, a film that was supposed to debut in 1999 but got postponed because the technology didn’t yet exist to create the movie how he’d envisioned.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oculus to launch the Rift within 'months, not years away

Everyone is wondering when Oculus VR will launch their consumer Rift headset, with its current broad ETA being 'sometime in 2015'. But after his speech at the Web Summit 2014 in Dublin, Oculus VR CEO Brendan Iribe said that the Rift is months away from a consumer launch, not years away.

He said: "We're all hungry for it to happen. We're getting very close. It's months, not years away, but many months. We've gone out there and set this bar and said, 'We want to get it right.' We don't want it to be four or five years. We're eager for this to happen". Many months could still see it being released late next year, and during an investors meeting last week, Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook and owner of Oculus VR said that the Oculus Rift could only be "meaningful" as a computing platform if it sold 50 million to 100 million units over the next 10 years.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samsung’s phablet-powered Gear VR launches in December for $200

Earlier this year, Samsung announced a brand new virtual reality headset, by the Gear VR. Made in partnership with the team at Oculus VR, this clever headset uses a Galaxy Note 4 to power the virtual reality experience, and a bluetooth controller to navigate. The “Innovator Edition” is currently up for pre-registration, and you’ll be able to buy your very own in early December.First and foremost, you’re going to need a Galaxy Note 4 to use this device. That’s a $700 smartphone, and even with a 2-year contract, it still costs $300. It’s cheaper than buying a gaming PC, but not by much. Once you have the device, you’re still going to need to drop $200 on the Gear VR headset itself. Need a Bluetooth gamepad? That’ll be another $50. This isn’t a minor endeavor, but that’s the price of being an early adopter. There’s no promise that this platform will ever take off, so you need to know right now that buying this hardware is a risky gamble.
    If you’re still interested in buying one of these headsets for yourself, you’ll need to head over to Samsung’s site, and pre-register. You won’t be able to buy right away, but you’ll be the first to know about any specific release and purchasing details.
    If you’re interested in making your own VR games and apps for the Gear VR, Oculus has finally pushed out its mobile SDK on its developer site. This initial release comes with baked-in features like asynchronous time warping, direct front buffer rendering, and GPU context priorities. The Gear VR probably isn’t a wise investment for your typical consumer, but it’s a superb way for developers to get their hands on some reasonably priced portable VR hardware and a powerful toolset.
    The future is looking bright for VR, and this headset is just one of many stepping stones to perfection. The Oculus Rift and Sony’s Project Morpheus are quickly propelling the medium forward, and smaller developers are constantly iterating on the concepts.
    This generation of virtual reality is growing ever-closer, and it’s only a matter of time before it breaks into the mainstream in a major way. The tech sphere has been hearing about the Oculus Rift for years now, but now major companies like Facebook, Sony, and Samsung are betting heavily on this tech. Everything is coming to a head, and it’s looking like 2015 might be the year that these devices finally hit store shelves. Are you getting in on the ground floor, or are you waiting to see if the VR fad passes? Sound off in the comment section below this post.
    Quem quer um para o Natal?

GIF Master Avatar de tiran
    Registo
    Apr 2013
    Local
    Moscovo
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ei pah ninguém viu o ultimo episódio do South Park?!?
    GOD OF AWESOME SIGNATURES - KING OF GIFS - TRIGGER OF TROLLS

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oculus CEO explains why it wouldn’t partner with Microsoft or Google

Oculus CEO, Brendan Irbe, has decided to once again explain why the company ended up joining Facebook rather than Microsoft , Sony or even Google. The main reason being to avoid the limitations of a closed platform, which Microsoft and Sony both offer with their consoles.
    Speaking at the Business Insider Ignition conference, Brendan Irbe said: “If we were going to partner with somebody, because this is a long road ahead… We were thinking the whole time that we wouldn’t partner with Microsoft or Sony.”

Irbe went on to say that Oculus didn’t want to be strongly tied to an established operating system or platform because it would be too limiting. The Oculus CEO wouldn’t want to partner with Google either, as the company already has so many other large scale projects going on “We didn’t know how much time we’d get from the leadership team”.
    Noticia completa:
    http://www.kitguru.net/channel/gener...oft-or-google/
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oculus acquisitions bring computer vision expertise

Oculus continues to acquire talent and technology. Yesterday, the firm announced three major additions to its team.
    The first is Nimble VR, which has been working on low-latency skeletal hand tracking for virtual reality applications. Nimble developed a depth sensor that snaps onto the front of the Oculus dev kit, and the associated Kickstarter page claims the tech delivers the best hand tracking in the world. Here's a demo showing off the system's low latency:

Nimble's Kickstarter project was canceled yesterday, but the technology will presumably live on in Oculus products. A hand-tracking accessory for the eventual retail headset could be in the cards.
    The other company added to Oculus' stable is 13th Lab, which specializes in computer vision. According to Oculus, 13th Lab has been working on "an efficient and accurate real-time 3D reconstruction framework" that creates virtual models from real-world objects
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oculus Rift + Razer Hydra + Half-Life 2 = Gaming Nirvana

I've been gaming since I was a little kid, with very clear and fond memories of my Dad walking through the door one night with an Amiga 500 under his arm. I have absolutely joyous memories of the thousands of hours I pumped into that computer, with my addiction to technology starting at a very young age. From there, I went to a full-fledged PC with a 486, to 3DFX, right up to the ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q monitor that is powered by NVIDIA's G-SYNC technology today.

When the Oculus Rift was announced, I jumped on the DK1 bandwagon as soon as I could. Once the DK2 was announced, I had one on my doorstep as quick as humanly possible. Between the DK1 and DK2, I played around with some Half-Life 2 with the Razer Hydra motion controllers, but I didn't spend that much time with them.

At the time, my wife had just given birth to our second daughter, so time slipped away from me. Then I moved house, and completely forgot about it - until I saw a video of someone playing Half-Life 2 with the new Oculus Rift DK2 and Hydra - it was time for me to try it once again with the improved headset.

As of this sentence, I haven't set up my Razer Hydra yet - so we're going to walk you through what PC we're going to be gaming on, and everything else we'll be using to get it up and running. Let's get right into it!

What I'm Using

I'm using my custom PC build that I used for my NVIDIA G-SYNC article, and my other articles I write for TweakTown, with the specifications of this system being:

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4930K processor w/Corsair H110 cooler (stock clocks)
    • Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
    • RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 x 16GB kits) of 2400MHz DDR3
    • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (reference) in SLI
    • Storage: 240GB SanDisk Extreme II and 480GB SanDisk Extreme II
    • Chassis: InWin X-Frame Limited Edition
    • PSU: Corsair AX1200i digital PSU
    • Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    • Drivers: GeForce 340.43

When it comes to the VR and control side of things, we're using the Oculus Rift DK2 unit and the Razer Hydra motion controller.

We'd like to thank all of our partners for their support, as this couldn't be possible without NVIDIA, ASUS, Corsair, SanDisk, or InWin. Without them, we wouldn't have the hardware here to test today, so I'd like to thank them all for providing us with the hardware here in my lab.

Ver toda a analise:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/68...ana/index.html

Página 1 de 14 12311 ... ÚltimoÚltimo

Informação da Thread