Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iFixit Apple Pencil Teardown Reveals A Tiny Half Folded Logic Board And Twin Emitters

The Apple Pencil is a not so cheap, $99 stylus which has been a victim of teardown by the folks over at iFixit. The Apple-made stylus was not as easy to crack open as the iFixit team required a small circular saw to open the plastic shell. However, it did reveal a sophisticated piece of electronics compiled together in a tiny body.

There were two casing in total, the outer plastic and the inner metallic one. Moreover, cutting through the plastic also unveiled contact points which were most probably used by the company for testing and diagnostic reasons.
    So let’s see what has Apple packed inside the metal casing of the Apple Pencil, cracked open by iFixit.
    iFixit Scores 1 Out Of 10 For Apple Pencil Repairability

As fascinating as it looks, cutting through the metal cartilage design revealed a very small battery boasting 0.329Wh of power. For a much better idea of the battery capacity, it is merely 5% of the capacity as the iPhone 6s. Furthermore, the tip of the Apple Pencil contains two individual emitters. The emitters are responsible to judge angles and orientation of the Pencil in response to adjust the pen stroke width.

It gets really creative when it comes to the tiny logic board packed inside. The logic board is so tiny that the iFixit team has ever seen weighting in just 1g. To fit the logic board neatly inside the body of the Apple Pencil, Apple carefully folded into half. The point of doing this was to utilize the available space efficiently. This is definitely one of the smallest and lightest logic boards to fit in a consumer device.

In contrast to the aforesaid logic board, the nib of Pencil contains an even tinier sensor board. The sensor board inside the nib moves between two parts and enacts as a pressure sensor, apparently. Unfortunately, the sensors on the nib had a very blurred ID number that did not reveal and could not be traced to a certain supplier.
    iFixit gave the Apple Pencil 1 out of 10 repairability score. Even though it’s really hard to damage the Apple pencil in daily use, in case you do so, it’s apparently impossible to repair. iFixit team also reveals that the battery inside the Apple Pencil is irreplaceable, allowing it to have a limited lifespan. The Apple Pencil boasts a lot of capabilities that can accomplish tasks impossible with a finger touch.
    This is all for now, folks. What do you think about the teardown? Do you agree that the Apple Pencils has one of the most unique internals for a consumer tech product? Share your thoughts in the comments.
    Source

http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apple Posts Interim Fix For iPad Pro Unresponsive Issue

A few days back, it came to our knowledge that the iPad Pro could become unresponsive after a session of being charged. Interestingly, there is a fix floating in the wile, something which is fairly quite obvious – a hard reset. Today, Apple has acknowledged the issue and has posted an interim fix for the problem, something which users already know about.

‘Force Reseting’ The iPad Pro Should Make Things Right Again, For The Time Being

According to Apple:
    Learn what to do if your iPad Pro doesn’t respond when you press buttons or tap on the screen, and the screen is black.
    To get back to using your iPad Pro, force restart it by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Apple is aware of this issue and is investigating.
    So basically, Apple too suggests a hard reset of the device if things go south. If you’re still wondering how a hard reset works, then be sure to check out our guide posted here. We highly recommend that non-iPad Pro users too check out the guide as it’s really handy to know such a thing. A hard reset forcefully resets the device and boots it all over again, making things right, the way they should be.

We’re certain that Apple will push out an iOS update to fix the whole iPad Pro unresponsive issue, and at this point in time, we have absolutely no clue when that would bear fruit. But given that iOS 9.2 is currently in beta and is under testing as we speak, it’s highly likely that Apple will use the aforementioned update to fix things altogether rather than going ahead with a small point update to iOS 9.1 itself. But of course, given the depth of the situation, Apple would want to patch things as early as possible rather than delaying it, so there is a possibility that we might end up seeing iOS 9.1.1. Who knows!
    The iPad Pro is an extremely powerful device in a lot of ways, and it packs the highest resolution display ever on an iOS device. With the size of the iPad Pro’s display sitting at 12.9-inches diagonal, the tablet is no doubt a mammoth to work on. While the ‘Pro’ moniker makes it seem as though the device is aimed at professionals, but it’s confusing in that regard when you come to realize that it’s a great alternative for consuming media content such as Netflix, Hulu etc.

http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apple iPad Pro has feature Microsoft did not think of

Turns itself off and refuses to start

The fruity cargo cult Apple has been playing down claims that its new iPad Pro is just an expensive knock off of the Surface Pro by pointing out it has one important feature that Microsoft was not clever enough to invent.

Apparently when it is being charged, the expensive IPad Pro turns itself off and refuses to turn back on again. Apple fanboys who bankrupted themselves for the expensive toy have to do a hard reset will turn the iPad Pro back on.
    Of course they are happy to do this because it is a super, cool, innovation that Microsoft did not think of and it will be a real game changer. Soon everyone will demand a tablet which costs Euro 1,200 and switches itself off. Normally you can’t get that sort of quality from a $100 tablet, so it just goes to show you get what you pay for.
    Apple has since acknowledged the problem by posting a support document on its website. The document pretty much tells users to keep doing what they have been doing, which is a hard reset.
    “To get back to using your iPad Pro, force restart it by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.”
    Apple is looking into the problem which is bound only to effect a small number of lucky users. It is not clear if it is bad Apple software, which is easy to fix, or a cheap component which is broken, which will cost a bit more.
    Our own work around has proved 100 per cent effective in fixing the problem. It involves gently tapping the screen 20 times with a sledgehammer and then buying a proper notebook which does more things for half the price.
    Noticia:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/news/noteboo...d-not-think-of

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPad Pro Pro Apps? Very Unlikely According To Developers

With the launch of Apple’s iPad Pro, the company has slightly reduced the functionality gap between its notebooks and tablets, despite the fact that the 12.9 inch slate runs iOS. However, there is still one hurdle that stands in the way of consumers and developers from unlocking the true potential of iPad Pro.

Due To Apple’s App Store Policies, It Is Difficult To Roll Out Dedicated Applications Of iPad Pro

According to a source, the issue for developers was long before the release of iPad Pro. Developers have complained since quite a long period that thanks to Apple’s App Store policies, creating iOS versions of popular Mac apps is a goal that is currently unachievable. Several developers have shared their issues up front, with the core problems listed below:
    There are two key problems; first off, the pro applications are much more expensive compared to regular apps, and obviously before purchasing, users would want some kind of guarantee or at least trial period to satisfy themselves before they proceed to purchase the complete version of that app (the same approach should be followed before purchasing complete versions of current generation video game titles). While free trials are usual the only way to achieve this with desktop apps, the App Store unfortunately does not allow them to offer the same option for iOS apps. One developer has shared his thoughts below:
    “Sketch on the Mac costs $99, and we wouldn’t dare ask someone to pay $99 without having seen or tried it first. So to be sold through the App Store, we would have to dramatically lower the price, and then, since we’re a niche app, we wouldn’t have the volume to make up for it.”

One other issue that needs to be brought into the light is that if a complex application has been developed, then according to a source, paid upgrades will help to improve that overall experience. Unfortunately, even this is not supported by Apple on the App Store, and you will definitely be hearing quite a lot of negative feedback from the consumer when the subject of paid upgrades has been brought to surface.

With iPad Pro finally providing support for an accessory more commonly known as Apple Pencil, it opens up a lot of doors for developers to release applications that will deliver a whole new layer of flexibility for consumers. However, again the same issue arises, which ultimately prevents both developers and users alike from recognizing the true potential of a large screen tablet. With the amount of firepower packed inside iPad Pro, it is extremely simple for the product to handle larger loads, but all of that processing power is currently going to waste, for now at least.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPad Pro: Apple's tablet is a big fat enterprise failure

I'm a huge fan of the iPad. In anticipation of the release of new models, I turned in my iPad Air 2 for cash at Amazon back in August.
    I decided to buy an iPad Pro sight unseen, using Apple's online store on November 11, as I was on a business trip at the time in Chicago and was unable to go to a retail location to see one in person.
    After a shipping hiccup in China, I received it last Friday, the 20th, almost a week after my peers at ZDNet and other publications had reviewed it.

While I enjoy using the device, and it's an impressive piece of technology, I have come to the conclusion that like all other iPads that have come before it, the unit is totally inappropriate and undesirable for enterprise use.
    Understand that I have never used my iPad to do real work -- I've owned every "regular-sized" model since the product's introduction in 2010, and have always considered it my off-hours device.
    It's what I use first thing in the morning, and it's my primary media and entertainment device in the evening as well as on the weekends.
    While I do some light work with it, such as answering emails and viewing presentations and documents, I have never gone to a work location with an iPad.
    A few years ago I even stopped bringing it on vacation, because smartphones and mobile apps became good enough, and smaller touchscreen laptops became more convenient and more useful if I actually had to do anything work related.
    My current travel and vacation laptop of choice? The Intel Atom-powered Microsoft Surface 3, which I bought from Costco, with keyboard and stylus, for $600.
    Yeah, I'm one of those guys that sometimes works on vacation. It's a crappy habit I need to rid myself of.
    But the real reason why I don't travel with iPads is that I find them to be too fragile. There's far too much exposed glass on a "naked" unit, and to compensate for that, you have to put it in a very heavy duty hardcase.
    Doing so can effectively double the weight of the device, which negates the entire point of having a thin, streamlined mobile computer or tablet in the first place.
    This has always been my primary complaint when it comes to iPads. I feel that to succeed in an enterprise setting, it has to be actually built for work, as well as for vertical market scenarios.
    The iPad has always been a consumer-grade device, which due to its success in consumer settings has been shoehorned and reluctantly allowed into business environments.
    The regular-sized, 9.7" iPad is already handicapped for business use. While you can certainly run Office on it -- like many executives choose to do -- a lot of other line-of-business applications require remote access to a real Windows system, such as through RDS or Citrix XenApp.
    Despite the iPad's innate fragility and need to be connected to remote line-of-business applications, it has not stopped many executives from using the iPad as a primary computing device.
    Apple has sold many millions of units to business users, even with these limitations.

However, I think a lot of reasons why execs were willing to deal with this trade-off in functionality is that the regular-sized iPad is convenient to carry around.
    I knew when I ordered the iPad Pro that it was going to be bigger. Yes, I knew the specs on the screen was almost 13" on the diagonal. But until you actually hold one of these things, you don't realize just how big it really is.
    It's a frickin' cheese tray.
    My first impression after unboxing the iPad Pro was "Oh my God, that's a hell of a lot of glass."
    Then I picked it up and realized just how unwieldy it was, and how slippery it is when held without a case. The regular iPad is flat-out unnerving to use caseless, but the Pro? It feels like tempting fate.
    So the first thing I did was put it in a protective case. I have two hardcases for iPad Pro I am currently evaluating, the Ballistic Tough Jacket and the Urban Armor Gear. Both are really good protection solutions, but add significant weight to the device.
    The iPad Pro, if you leave the case out of the equation, is about the same exact weight as the first-generation iPad. The fundamental problem is how awkwardly large the unit is. The screen area is actually larger than that of a 12" Macbook and the tablet itself is significantly larger in screen area than a Surface Pro 4.
    The iPad Pro is not a tablet. It's a tabloid. You need two hands to operate it and to hold it securely. If a tablet could be obese, it would be the iPad Pro.
    Other than the usual spec increase -- the speedy A9X processor and the increased RAM and faster flash storage, the main attraction to the iPad Pro is the gorgeous, ultra high-resolution display, coupled with their "Pencil" stylus, which unfortunately is backordered several weeks if you bought the device online.
    But holding that display is awkward. You don't want to hold it on your lap because you'll put yourself into a weird ergonomic position and holding it freehand for an extended period of time is pretty much out of the question.
    In short, it's probably not leaving the house or the boardroom.
    This is a large device that is meant to be propped up on a table, or used lying down on a couch or in bed -- which is how I find myself interacting with it pretty much all of the time.
    I binge watched Amazon's The Man In the High Castle on it over the weekend, and I was really impressed with display's color representation and contrast level. However I found it difficult to keep the screen propped up straight as the weight of the device caused it to constantly slip off the pillows I was propping it up on.
    On the couch, I laid the device flat on the cushion while I put myself in essentially a prone position with my head directly facing the screen. I'm all for casual work environments, but this is ridiculous.
    Sure, you can type with the thing using either Apple's OEM keyboard case or a number of other 3rd-party solutions, such as Logitech's, but you can't adjust the angle of the screen, like the Surface 3 or Surface Pro 4 out of the box.
    Ideally what you want is some kind of accessory that places the screen on a 20 or 30 degree angle, because you get a crook in your neck by looking at it lying down flat. And using it on your lap or in a cramped aircraft seat is pretty much out of the question.

UAG's hardcase has a Surface-like adjustable easel, which allows you to stand it up on a few different angles. Ballistic's Tough Jacket is a bit more protective, but the stand only has a single position.
    I spoke with several executives that were considering purchase of the device -- every single one of them rejected it after playing with one in person, because the trade-off in functionality from a full-featured laptop was no longer worth it if the device was less convenient to travel with.
    While the hefty price was certainly a factor in their decision to either retain their existing iPads or look at other solutions like the Surface Pro 4, it was ultimately the inconvenience that killed the deal for all of these guys, since I would classify them as heavy disposable income types.
    And for those that were serious road warriors, putting it in a heavy case to protect it from damage was an absolute deal breaker.
    So we have this powerful, "Professional" grade content creation-oriented tablet that has limited portability, and also currently lacks apps that can truly exploit its capabilities -- not to mention that it's also too fragile for doing real work or for vertical apps.
    I'm sure a niche of content creation types will find new and interesting uses for the iPad Pro, especially once we see some really exploitative apps written to take advantage of the screen, the Pencil and more powerful hardware.
    But as an enterprise device, a so-called "Professional" device for business, I think Apple really dropped the ball here.
    Has the iPad Pro failed to meet enterprise expectations? Will executives reject it in favor of other solutions? Talk Back and Let Me Know.
    Noticia:
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/ipad-pr...prise-failure/

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPad Pro Hacked To Enable 3D Touch – Video

The iPad Pro does not have a 3D Touch display. That luxury currently lies with iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users, with the larger tablet from Cupertino left out of the party for some reason, despite seeing an announcement alongside the flagship smartphone lineup. But, thanks to a cunning developer, 3D Touch has been enabled on the iPad Pro using a simple hack.

3D Touch Peek And Pop Come To iPad Pro Using A Hack

The way 3D Touch works on the iPad Pro is actually quite interesting. Since the iPad Pro does not have the necessary hardware to support 3D Touch, but on a software level, the feature does exist, and using the pressure data of the Apple Pencil, Hamza Sood was able to unlock the feature, with Peek and Pop being the order of the day.
    Check out the video demonstration below to see 3D Touch in action on the iPad Pro.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Is The A9X? Apple’s New CPU King Analyzed

With the launch of the iPad Pro, Apple officially made the jump into high performing tablets. Aimed towards enterprise and professional users, the larger iPad promises to offer unparalleled performance when it comes to running demanding apps. Most of this is the courtesy of the A9X that ticks under the iPad’s hood, a processor powerhouse according to benchmark results. The A9X is the successor to the A8X, Apple’s popular CPU launched with the iPad Air 2 last year and today we get to find out what its all about.

The Apple A9X Gets Dissected; Larger Core Area Attributed Mostly To GPU

When Apple launched the iPad Air 2 last year, the company was facing quite a lot of heat from its competition. Google’s Nexus 9 was right there with Nvidia’s Tegra K1 running under the hood and promising desktop class graphics performance on a tablet. To counter this, the company needed a performance powerhouse of its own that could stand its ground and along came the A8X. The tri-core cyclone processor began to show its prowess soon after the iPad Air 2 was launched and was heralded as one of the finest processors around.
    But while we might not have seen a successor to the iPad Air 2 this year, the A8X did see an upgrade and Apple chose to rely more on its CPU design teams this time around, choosing to power the much more demanding 12.9 inch iPad Pro with the A9X, a processor that you’ll see is quite different from its predecessor. Starting from the number of cores, it had been speculated that the A9X comes with two cores on board, instead of three and Chipworks’ dissection confirms this today.
    As you can see in the image below, the green box highlights the CPU part of the A9X and Apple choosing two cores instead of three might have a lot to do with the 14nm FinFET. The 14nm FinFET used on the A9X is a relatively new process and the A9X is a huge chip in terms of die size, so adding another core into the mix would most likely have driven up costs for Apple. Plus, given the corresponding transistor increase with the overall area only ends up increasing the complexity of the chip and looks like Apple decided to play it safe this time around.
    Advertisements

Moving ahead from the CPU, Apple has paid a special attention to the A9X’s GPU this time around as well, just as it did with the A8X. The A9X comes with six total GPU clusters, each of which are highlighted with blue boxes in the image above. Furthermore, each cluster comes with two clusters of its own, making a total of 12 GPU clusters on the core and a cumulative sum of 384 stream processors, which are very impressive. Given the need of the iPad Pro to run heavy duty applications, such a change isn’t surprising however.
    Just like last year, this year’s GPU on the A9X is also a custom iteration of Imagination Technologies’ Series 7XT graphics, since the manufacturer lists products with clusters of 2,4,6,8 and 16 clusters only. Another interesting feature on the A9X is the memory cache. The chip doesn’t come with a L3 cache on board, while its smaller cousin does. This is most likely due to the fact that the A9X has a larger overall area when compared to the A9, which leads to twice the memory bandwidth of the A9 and therefore twice the rate of data transfer.
    It also measures 147mm^2 in overall surface area, which is huge when compared to the 96 and 104.5 mm^2 of Samsung’s and TSMC’s A9 offerings respectively. Given this already massive surface area and the fact that further cache memory might have driven up costs without a similar increase in performance. Furthermore, it can also contribute further towards heating issues and given the already demanding processing needs of the iPad Pro, could very well have proven to be counterproductive.
    That ends our brief analysis of the Apple A9X. Thoughts? Let us know what you think in the comments section below and stay tuned for the latest.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apple A9X: A Closer Look At The Powerful Chipset That Delivers The Final Blow To Its Competition

Apple A9X is the company’s first dedicated developed chipset that has been manufactured on the FinFET process and is only present in the 12.9 inch iPad Pro. Let us take a closer look at how the SoC is able to deliver such astounding amounts of power.

Apple A9X; Die size And Other Details

According to Chipworks, A9X measures in at 147mm2 and their sample shows that it has been manufactured on the 16nm FinFET process. Similar to Apple’s iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, it should be noted that while Chipworks was only able to get its hands on one sample, so there could be another manufacturer making small volumes of chips for the tech giant. It should also be noted that the die is only second largest from the X-series of SoCs. The only chipset that is larger in size in comparison to this one is A5X.

Another thing that we want to add here is that Apple’s A9X is larger compared to Intel’s Skylake processors. Their die sizes have been detailed below:

• Skylake-Y: 99mm2 for the 2 core GT2 configuration
    • Skylake-K: 122mm2 for the 4 core desktop GT2 configuration

The Graphics Processor: What Latest Addition Has Apple Incorporated?

One thing that we can agree on is that Apple invested quite a bit on the die space in order to improve graphics performance on a larger scale. While the company’s A9 packs 6 GPU cores, the flagship SoC features 12 GPU cores, delivering twice the amount of graphical performance that A9’s GPU will be capable of.

This would also explain why the RAM found is LPDDR4 and functions at the 128 bit bus width. With twice the number of cores compared to A9, Apple would need twice as much memory bandwidth to maintain the same bandwidth-to-core ratio, which also explains the answer why A9X is able to deliver twice the memory bandwidth as compared to A9.
    Advertisements

L3 Cache: Surprisingly, There Is None Of It. Why Not?

One of the most surprising changes that we have seen in A9X is the absence of L3 cache. Now why would Apple make such a move like that? The only cache to be found on A9X are the L1 and L2 caches for the CPU and GPU respectively, along with some even smaller amounts for cache for various other functional blocks.

One primary reason that comes to mind is that the company no longer deemed L3 cache a necessity thanks to the 51.2GB/sec memory bandwidth present thanks to the existence of high RAM LPDDR4 memory and high memory bus width. However, while L3 would have cost Apple a slight amount, it would have caused negligible change to the die size, so it is possible that company omitted this variable from the equation since it would ended up increasing the iPad Pro’s overall power draw.
    From what we have seen so far, it appears that adding L3 cache would have absolutely no effect since A9X has dominated fiercely in the performance charts, putting Apple on top once more.

Are we going to see a significant reply from other SoC manufacturers other there? We certainly will, but in due time.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPad Pro Vs Every iPad Ever Released – Speed Test (Video)

Here’s a speed test comparison between the iPad Pro and every other iPad ever released to date by Apple.

The iPad Pro Kicks Every Other iPad On The Shin In Terms Of Performance

When it comes to the iPad lineup, Apple has made huge strides in terms of design and core functionality. While the basic structure of the design has been the same, allowing more focus on the display itself, but in terms of performance, the company has outdone itself in a million ways. This notion is more prominent when you pick up the iPad Pro and compare it with every tablet Apple has released in the past, including the original iPad.
    The iPad Pro is the first device in the iPad lineup to boast a screen larger than 9.7-inches. With a panel size of 12.9-inches diagonal, Apple is aiming the iPad Pro at ‘pro’ users. And to sweeten the deal, Apple has tossed in extra bells and whistles under the hood as well, such as a powerful A9X chip as well as 4GB of RAM. Apart from that, the iPad Pro is an iOS device which packs the most pixels on the display as well. In other words, the iPad Pro is a beast of a device when compared to every other iPad every released.
    Advertisements

EverythingApplePro on YouTube saw it fit to compare the iPad Pro with all the previous iPads the Cupertino camp has ever released, and the result speaks for itself:

From the boot-up time to the Geekbench score, the iPad Pro is a mighty tablet when compared to every other tablet from Cupertino. But the big question here is – can the iPad Pro ever replace our laptop? While the device is good for a lot of quick tasks such as checking email and browsing the Web, but when things get serious, and you want to show to your productivity end what’s up, then you require a device with more kick in it; a full blown notebook is what we’re talking about here. Or even a Surface Pro, as it runs a full fledged OS, unlike iOS on the iPad Pro.
    Whether or not the iPad Pro will succeed in its goal of replacing our notebook remains to be seen, but we all can safely declare at this point that Cupertino’s larger tablet is the ultimate YouTube and Netflix machine, if you’re into that sort of thing. And of course, how can we ever forget gaming, something which we love to do on even on our mobile devices.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apple Launches New Lightning To SD Card Camera Reader With USB 3 Speed Support

Apple has just released an updated version of its Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader accessory that takes advantage of iPad Pro’s faster USB 3 like speeds.

The New Lightning To SD Card Camera Reader Supports iPad Pro’s USB 3 Speeds

Apart from the speed bit, everything else is the same. Interestingly, while Apple has confirmed that the iPad Pro is the only device which supports USB 3 speeds, it’s now pretty clear that every other iPhone or iPad model with a Lightning port doesn’t go beyond the USB 2 speed barrier, this includes the iPhone 6s as well.
    The Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader is a very, very handy little accessory to own that lets a user transfer photos from a digital camera straight onto their iPhone or iPad for viewing, subsequently sharing with others.
    As soon as you connect the Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader to your iPhone or iPad, the Photos app will automatically launch, organizing every photo stored on your SD Card in Moments, Collections and Years. The magic is taken even further if you happen to have iCloud Photo Library enabled, syncing everything across connected devices. Pretty awesome stuff if your’e asking us.
    Advertisements

On the file format support front, the Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader has all the basis covered, with JPEG and RAW files being the order of the day. It can even tinker around with video too. SD or HD, MPEG-4 or H.264 video formats are handled with absolutely ease.
    The new and updated Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader is available to purchase straight away directly from Apple. For more details on the product, simply head over to this link.
    It seems as though today is a great day for Apple fans in terms of accessories, as the Cupertino giant revealed its first ever battery case for the iPhone, dubbed the iPhone 6s Smart Battery Case. Don’t be fooled by the name of the product, as it will work with the iPhone 6 as well. But interestingly the newfound accessory from Apple has perks of its own. For instance, it ties in well with iOS really, very well, and things are taken up a notch when you come to realize that the case even has a passive antenna built right into it. This means that you won’t ever have to worry about signals dying out with the case wrapped around your device.
    So, Apple fans, which accessory are you going to toss your top dollar on? The new Smart Battery Case or the new and updated Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader?

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updating iPad Pro To iOS 9.2 Might Fix The Unresponsive Issue

If you own an iPad Pro, you must have bumped into a situation where the screen becomes completely unresponsive and turns black. Mostly, this happens when users either fully charge their device or leave it overnight. Previously, we have discussed a temporary fix to the issue. We mentioned that if you force restart your iPad Pro, the tablet would return to its original state. However, it looks like Apple has addressed to the issue in the form of an update, which we will be telling you later on.

iOS 9.2 Might Fix The Unresponsive Issue On iPad Pro

The iPad Pro becomes unresponsive from time to time. The issue has been around since the debut of the gigantic iPad Pro. However, if the problem persists in your iPad Pro, it is advised to update it to iOS 9.2 if you have not already. The update should resolve the issue as per the new Apple support document.
    iOS 9.2 was publicly rolled on Tuesday, boasting a bunch of bug fixes and enhancements. Moreover, the update there were several other improvements like Safari View Controller, NumberSync for AT&T users and a lot more. The plus here is that the update also might fix the unresponsive issue on the iPad Pro.
    The force reset option was a temporary solution, which was obviously pretty annoying for someone who wish to start using it immediately. Spotted by MacRumors, Apple has updated its support document regarding the issue. Apple mentions that updating to iOS 9.2 may cure the issue. Apple’s updated support document reads:
    Advertisements

To get back to using your iPad Pro, force restart it by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
    Updating your iPad Pro to iOS 9.2 or later might prevent this issue from occurring in the future.
    Do take note that the support document says that updating to iOS 9.2 might prevent the issue. Apple is not entirely guaranteed that the update would fix the unresponsive issue on the iPad Pro. Nonetheless, it is still worth a shot. It has worked for some users, it can also work for your iPad Pro. Moreover, the issue did not occur for every user. For some users, the issue haunted occasionally.
    So update your iPad Pro to iOS 9.2 and see if it works out for you. If it does, do let us know in the comments.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPad Pro with Windows 10 is Being Sold in Taiwan – Disaster or a Win?

In an early comparison between Apple’s iPad Pro and Microsoft’s Surface Pro lineup, several of our readers commented that the Surface Pro takes the lead because of its desktop operating system. While iPad Pro has a beautiful design, powerful specs and an increased screen real estate to suit artists and businesses alike, the mobile OS does limit its enterprise-level usage. Seems like, our readers weren’t the only one to find the use of iOS limiting the capabilities of a larger tablet as there are some units of iPad Pro being sold with Windows 10 loaded onto it. No, today is definitely not the April 1st!

iPad Pro powered by Windows 10 – yay or nay?

In an interview, Andy Tu, President of Data Express has revealed that the premium reseller of Apple products in Taiwan has been selling iPad Pro units loaded with Windows 10 and Office 365. Tu shared that the sales of the iPad Pro tablets were better than what was expected earlier during the first two weeks of its launch in the local market. To boost these sales, they are shipping iPad units with Windows 10 installed on them. He further added that over 50% of iPad Pro buyers chose to buy Apple Pencil, which could have gone up if there wasn’t a shortage of the Apple Pencil.
    Advertisements

Over 50% of iPad Pro buyers have chosen to use Apple Pencil for their iPad devices, and the ratio could go up to 70% if there were no shortage of the Apple Pencil.
    We couldn’t confirm with Data Express if they are indeed selling iPad Pro with Windows operating system, but the folks at Digitimes mentioned that it is happening. “To further promote the new tablet, Data Express is offering the iPad Pro loaded with Window 10 and Office 365 in addition to OS X,” the publication reported.
    The only anomaly here is that the report claims that the iPad units are being shipped with both the Windows 10 and the Mac OS X. Windows 10, iOS 9, OS X – one poor device and three different operating systems? Let’s see if we can get a confirmation from the folks in Taiwan if the device is really being loaded with the Windows operating system. In the meantime, don’t forget to share with us how you feel about this deal. Would you buy the 12.9-inch tablet from Apple being shipped with Windows 10 or would you prefer iOS 9?

Master Business & GPU Man Avatar de Enzo
    Registo
    Jan 2015
    Local
    País Campeão Euro 2016
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    41 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isto sim, são gajos com visão. Nem sabia que isso era permitido
    Ideias sem Nexo e Provas do Tráfico de Hardware
    "que personifica o destino, equilíbrio e vingança divina." Dejá vú. Que cena!

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPad Pro will always be a companion device, says Microsoft

image: http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/...20/iPadPro.jpg

Apple wants the iPad Pro to make you “more productive”, but can it really compete with Microsoft’s Surface?
    A senior Microsoft representative has told TrustedReviews that the iPad Pro cannot work as a standalone productivity device.
    Dan Laycock, Senior Communications Manager for Microsoft Surface, says that while consumers can get by with a single Surface product, the same can’t be said for Apple’s heftiest tablet.
    “Microsoft really wants you to only carry one device for tablet and PC use,” explains Laycock, speaking to us at the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas. “Whereas the iPad Pro is always going to be a companion device.”
    He adds: “The strategies are very different.”
    The iPad Pro – released in November last year – bears a number of striking similarities to the Microsoft Surface Pro range, including a large display, a focus on productivity, and a stylus peripheral.
    image: http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/...1/PB210424.jpg
    The iPad Pro, with keyboard and stylus“At one point in time, Apple declared that if there’s a stylus, that’s failure,” continues Laycock. “We’re a huge believer in the pen; we know our customers love it.”
    The Communications lead goes on: “So to see Apple do something that feels a little bit similar, that is clearly skewed for a bigger screen, and more productivity built in, and the ability to use a pen.”
    “We don’t see it as a one-to-one comparison, because this is a full PC, you’re running full apps,” Laycock adds.
    Apple introduced a number of productivity-focused features with the iPad Pro, like app multitasking and picture-in-picture video.
    image: http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/...e-book-02.jpeg
    Microsoft's new Surface Book detachable laptop hybridRelated: iPad Pro vs Surface Pro 4
    However, Microsoft has been peddling its Surface series of hybrids since 2012.
    The latest additions to the line-up are the Microsoft Surface Pro 4, and the Surface Book laptop hybrid.
    Do you think the iPad Pro will always be a companion device? Let us know in the comments.

Noticia:
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/m...D3z55M69Y0f.99

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pro Tablet Showdown: iPad Pro vs. Surface Pro 4

Apple’s iPad Pro and Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 look a lot alike. Both are big tablets, both connect to slim keyboard covers, and both offer a stylus for drawing and note-taking. But after spending some time with these potential laptop replacements, I found that they’re really quite different, particularly when it comes to productivity.
    The Contenders

Every PC manufacturer has at least one 2-in-1 laptop/tablet hybrid in its lineup. They offer a compelling proposition: The productivity features of a laptop (with large displays and full-size keyboard accessories) and the ultraportability of a tablet. For this battle, we’re looking at Apple’s and Microsoft’s current flagship devices—tablets the companies have designed from top to bottom as laptop replacements. (The Surface Pro’s tagline is literally “The tablet that can replace your laptop.” Apple CEO Tim Cook wonders why anyone would buy a PC anymore now that the iPad Pro is out.)

• iPad Pro (starting at $799): Released in November 2015, the mega-sized 12.9-inch Retina display iPad Pro is the newcomer to this category. The full-size Smart Keyboard and the Apple Pencil are optional accessories, but you’ll probably want to pick both up to get the full iPad Pro experience as it was designed by Apple.
    • Surface Pro 4 (starting at $899): Microsoft’s fourth-generation Surface Pro was released in October 2015. Compared to previous Surface tablets, the Surface Pro 4 sports slightly more screen real estate (thanks to the slimmer screen bezel), more memory and storage capacity options, and an updated cooling system. It, too, offers an optional keyboard cover, but Microsoft includes the Surface pen with the Surface Pro 4.

Specs-wise, they’re pretty close:
    Specs don’t tell the whole story, though. So here’s what it’s like using them.
    Design

When I first unboxed the iPad Pro, I was shocked at how huge this tablet is. Maybe it’s because I’ve become used to 10-inch and 7-inch tablets (for comparison, that’s an iPad Air 2 beneath the iPad Pro in the image above). The Surface Pro 4 also has a large display, but it’s more compact and doesn’t look as ginormous. Both tablets’ sharp, high-resolution displays are as good as the majority of laptops out there.
    Aesthetically, I prefer the iPad Pro. Its curved edges make the tablet more pleasant to hold and nicer to look at than the boxy Surface Pro. It’s also notably thinner than the Surface Pro and weighs a bit less, although I honestly couldn’t tell the difference in weight between them just by holding them. (And neither could anyone else I put through this test.)

Both of these tablets are too large and heavy to hold in your hands for significant periods of time, so you’ll have to prop them up eventually. Although the iPad Pro looks more elegant, one design feature makes the Surface Pro’s thicker and boxier shape more bearable: the built-in kickstand. The kickstand lets you use the device in tablet mode without the distraction of the keyboard, and you can angle the display to any viewing angle you want—a feature sorely lacking in many laptops. This flexibility lets you use the Surface at a slight angle perfect for drawing, or at a steeper angle for tight spaces, such an airplane’s small tray table. By contrast, the iPad Pro in its keyboard has only one fixed position, although you can reconfigure the keyboard so the tablet is in front of the keyboard for video viewing or presentations.
    The Surface Pro 4 also comes with a full-size USB port, a mini DisplayPort, and a microSD card slot. This means you can easily expand storage space (which is already more generous than the iPad’s offering), connect a mouse or other peripherals to the device, and hook up an external monitor to the tablet.
    So while the iPad Pro is nicer looking and more comfortable to hold, the Surface Pro 4's more flexible design and additional ports give it the edge in this area.
    Pen vs. Pencil

Although Microsoft’s stylus, called the Surface Pen, and Apple’s stylus, the Apple Pencil, have the same function, there are subtle, important differences between them.

A little background so you know where I’m coming from: I’m a bit obsessed with writing on screens. The first laptop I bought—roughly 12 years ago—was a tablet PC, the Toshiba Portege M200, which had a 12-inch screen that could be rotated and folded back into tablet mode for use with the included stylus. Most gadgets I’ve bought since then have had stylus support. (It’s how my mind works. When an idea or urge to create comes up, I reach for a pen or the techie version of one.) My current laptop is a Surface Book, a hardier version of the Surface Pro. My phone is the pen-enabled Galaxy Note 5. I’m on my second iPad and have used a couple of styli with these tablets as well. So I expect a lot from a stylus, and am happy to report the Surface Pen and the Apple Pencil are the best I’ve used to date.
    Stylus Docking: The Surface pen docks with strong magnets to the sides of the tablet, which is handier than you might think. A few months ago I tested the Surface Pro 3, which lacked this docking feature, and I constantly misplaced the pen. The iPad Pro doesn’t have any such docking feature, perhaps because the Apple Pencil is an optional accessory, but I think this is an oversight. Apple could have at least incorporated a holder on the keyboard.
    Battery: One end of the Apple Pencil unscrews to reveal a lightning connector to charge the stylus’ lithium-ion battery, which has a 12-hour battery life. The Surface pen sports a user-replaceable AAAA battery. If an iPad Pro user and a Surface Pro 4 user both ran out of juice with their stylus, the Surface Pro user would be up and running about 30 minutes sooner than the iPad Pro user—assuming there’s a spare AAAA battery around. Otherwise, the Surface user is out of luck while the Apple Pencil is charging via the iPad Pro or a lightning charger. This is just one feature to consider based on your charging needs and battery philosophy.
    Design: Both the Pencil and the pen are comfortable to hold. The Pencil is longer, slicker, a bit slimmer, and a brilliant white, while the Surface pen has a metal finish and feels a little heavier. People with large hands or long fingers should enjoy using the bigger Apple Pencil (it feels kind of like using a paintbrush), whereas the Surface pen is the same size as a standard pen with a satisfying weight to it.
    The Surface pen takes the pen/pencil analogy even further. It has a pen clip and you can use the top as an eraser in OneNote and in drawing programs. That’s a real timesaver, especially over pecking around for the eraser icon in whatever program you’re using. The button at the top also lets you quickly take a screenshot and send it to OneNote, and another button on the pen does right-clicks.
    Performance: Perhaps the most important question is: How well does the stylus interact with the tablet? On both the iPad Pro and the Surface Pro 4 I did some inking in OneNote, sketches in Autodesk Sketchbook, and doodling in other apps to find out. In both cases, I was very pleased. Palm recognition is excellent in both tablets, as is accuracy (which I tested by tracing a grid in OneNote). I didn’t really notice significant differences in lag between the two, although some reviewers around the web suggest the Pencil has less latency. I found both tablets really responsive.
    The Apple Pencil was a bit more pressure sensitive than the Surface pen, which has 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity, according to Microsoft (Apple hasn’t said how many levels of pressure the iPad Pro supports). It was easier for me to vary line strength on the iPad Pro from very faint lines to very strong ones when doing rough sketches. In the image below, the black-and-white sketch was done on the iPad Pro and the color one on the Surface Pro 4.

I also had more control with the Apple Pencil. I preferred my handwriting on the iPad Pro with the Pencil to the Surface Pro 4 and the pen. The iPad Pro’s sensors detect not only the amount of pressure you’re applying, but the angle you’re holding the Apple Pencil. Tilting the Apple Pencil creates a shading effect, much like you would get with a real pencil on paper. The Surface pen lacks this option, but it does offer some customization settings in Windows, such as turning the on-screen pointer on and off or telling the pen you’re left-handed.
    The Surface Pro 4's screen has a bit of give to it—you can see a little indent in the screen when pressing on it with the pen, whereas the iPad Pro has a very hard screen. There’s a bit more friction with the Surface pen. Neither is better than the other, I think, but it gives a slightly different stylus-to-screen feel. Don’t get your hopes up, though: Neither feel exactly like writing with a pencil or pen on paper. It still feels like you’re drawing on glass.
    This one’s a toss-up. The Surface pen is more functional and practical, with the eraser button, ability to dock to the tablet, and ability to change the battery, while the Pencil is slightly more responsive. If you’re a digital artist, you’ll likely prefer Pencil, but the Surface pen is also plenty capable.
    Keyboard Cover

Neither tablet makes a good laptop replacement without a keyboard. I’ll cut to the chase here and just say that Apple’s Smart Keyboard is a disappointment.
    Not a total disappointment. The keys have a nice, slightly concave shape, which helps minimize mistakes. Its fabric design resists spills. There’s no delay when typing, because the iPad Pro connects to the keyboard with the new Smart Connector instead of through Bluetooth. It’s relatively lightweight and works well to protect the screen.
    Compare it to the Surface Pro 4's Type Cover, however, and the iPad Pro cover falls short. Typing on the Apple Smart Cover feels like you’re pressing mushy keys and working on a tablet keyboard accessory, rather than a real laptop keyboard. Meanwhile, the Type Cover is backlit, has a glass trackpad, and a row of function keys. The Type Cover’s keys are slightly larger than Apple’s Smart Keyboard. They have a good amount of travel (1.4mm, to be precise) and crispness, thanks to the Type Cover’s scissor key mechanism.
    I type about 70 words per minute (wpm) on my mechanical keyboard. On typing tests, I scored 62 wpm on the Surface Type Cover compared to 57 wpm on the Smart Cover.
    The winner is definitely the Type Cover for this one; it’s most like a laptop keyboard. Note, however, that neither tablets are easy to use in your lap with their keyboard covers. The tablets are too heavy compared to the keyboards to be angled comfortably or balanced in your lap, unless you use a tray or other surface beneath the device.
    Performance as a Laptop Replacement

The ultimate challenge for me was using these tablets as my main laptop. I’ll admit my bias here, because I’m using Windows as my main OS, whereas I only do certain things in iOS (namely, researching/reading and playing games). Whether or not the iPad Pro can replace your laptop will depend on your workflow and the tools you need to use.

Web-based work: My work is mostly done in the browser, so you’d think it wouldn’t matter if I was using a mobile OS or a desktop one. Actually, I depend on several Chrome extensions and bookmarklets as shortcuts and other productivity tools while working. Because iOS doesn’t support these, I found myself needing to do workarounds to get stuff done (for example, copying and pasting links into our story planning site rather than just clicking the bookmarklet). I didn’t have this problem on the Surface Pro 4 because it runs the full desktop version of Chrome.
    Multitasking: The Surface Pro 4 is also better at multitasking. You can’t have more than two apps open on the screen in iOS 9, whereas Windows 10's Snap Feature shows up to four windows at once. You can resize program windows in Windows any way you want. That said, both screens are too small to have more than two windows open side-by-side. If you normally work with only one or two windows at a time, iOS 9 on the iPad Pro is fine for multitasking. Windows desktop is more versatile, though.
    Also, for long hours at a keyboard, I need a mouse. As much as I love the immediacy of a touch screen, a mouse is much easier on your arm for constant scrolling and navigating. So I struggled with the trackpad- and mouse-less iPad Pro. (You keyboard ninjas, however, might not mind.)
    Apps: I can definitely see lots of people using the iPad Pro as their main work device—depending on what apps they need to use. For example, it’s as easy to compose a blog post in Apple Notes or Google Docs online from the iPad Pro as it is with any ultraportable laptop. The iPad Pro shines in the apps arena, because there’s no lack of productivity, creativity, or entertainments apps on iOS. Even apps that are available on both platforms tend to be more robust on iOS.
    On the other hand, the Surface Pro 4 runs full-fledged versions of Photoshop and other desktop apps. Heck, you can even run Android on the Surface Pro 4, or even run Steam and play some games.
    Battery Life & Performance: The iPad Pro outperformed the Surface here in a few significant ways, particularly when it came to battery life and heat. I was able to use the Surface Pro 4 for an entire workday with web browsing, watching a few videos, and Microsoft Office usage, but needed to plug it in at night to recharge for the next day. The iPad Pro lasted just as long, but if I forgot to charge it at night, it still had juice enough until the next afternoon. (Laptop Magazine’s battery tests show the iPad Pro beating the Surface Pro 4 by 4 hours for continuous web searching.)
    I used a Surface Pro 4 with 8GB of RAM and a Core i5 processor for this test compared to the 32GB iPad. Even with twice the RAM, some intensive apps (Age of Empires: Castle Siege?!) caused the Surface Pro 4's fan to kick up and the tablet to heat up noticeably, like it was going to give out. The iPad Pro stayed cool using the same apps and lasted several hours longer than the Surface Pro 4 in my informal tests.
    Bottom Line: The Surface Pro 4 Is the Better Laptop Replacement, The iPad Pro Is Best for Digital Artists and iOS Lovers

Although the iPad Pro is large enough to replace a laptop, it still seems like more of a tablet than a true laptop replacement. It’s optimized for entertainment and creative uses. The Surface Pro 4, meanwhile, runs a full desktop operating system and has the better keyboard and laptop-like features, such as connectivity ports. It doesn’t work as well as the iPad Pro as a tablet, though. For example, you need to put Windows 10 into tablet mode to get the onscreen keyboard to come up automatically when you click a form field or the browser’s address bar, which is annoying. But if you put it into tablet mode, you no longer get the Windows classic Start menu or desktop, which is equally annoying.
    I’d recommend the iPad Pro for serious digital artists or those who know they can get away with only using mobile apps or a mobile browser for work. (Or those who want to play as much as they work.) The iPad Pro is the better tablet. The Surface Pro 4, however, is a better laptop, and a better value for most people. It combines more of a laptop-like experience with the flexibility of occasionally detaching the screen to use as a standalone tablet. It’d be different if the iPad Pro ran OS X, but right now, the Surface Pro 4 is the better laptop replacement.
    Or you could get both, which would be overkill, but then you could use your iPad Pro as a second monitor for your Surface Pro 4. Who needs a laptop these days?
    Review:
    http://lifehacker.com/pro-tablet-sho...o-4-1753293972

Página 4 de 5 PrimeiroPrimeiro ... 2345 ÚltimoÚltimo

Informação da Thread