Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5 Questions Answered By 343 Industries Studio Head Josh Holmes

343 Industries Studio Head Josh Holmes, with online alias, Sal1ent, took to the Team Beyond forums to answer a few questions about Halo 5: Guardians.

A fan asked whether it would be possible to allow users to ‘maintain weapon (and grenade) control during sprint, but with no or extremely limited aim assist’, to which Holmes replied that the idea would take a lot of tweaking and balancing to implement into the game.
    This idea is interesting but it would take a ton of tuning and balancing to make it work. It’s definitely not something that could be implemented for Halo 5 (even if we wanted to). One downside to this approach is that it softens the tradeoff for sprinting and makes the direct impact of that tradeoff (inability to shoot accurately) less clear. We would need to invest a lot of time in refining the player feedback (through the HUD, audio) to ensure that all players understand what is happening when their accuracy drops substantially. If done poorly, this would feel random to players who don’t have the benefit of understanding what is happening behind the scenes. In general we have found (through substantial testing and player feedback) that analog relationships between different game states are very challenging to communicate and often lead to player confusion (and therefore frustration).
    Holmes continued regarding maintaining weapon and grenade control while operating thruster pack.
    Similar feedback to the idea above. We’ve focused instead on tuning the window between initiation of the thrust and ability to shoot (for the thrusting player) so that there is enough “tell” without feeling sluggish. This has continued to be refined since beta and feels much snappier.
    Some notable points were, firstly ‘the sub-optimal visibility when using the ability on the beta’s precision weapons, to which Holmes replied
    This has been improved since beta. All weapons have gone through substantial tuning as a result of feedback and data.
    And some balancing tweaks for the AR/Magnum and the Magnum, to which Holmes replied with

We are currently focused on AR/Magnum and the Magnum has been buffed considerably. IMO this is the best the Magnum has felt in Halo since at least CE (if not ever).

Halo 5: Guardians will surely have a strong presence at E3 2015 as it has already been confirmed by Xbox boss Phil Spencer. Microsoft promises that E3 will give players the chance “see the greatest games lineup in Xbox history”.
    Microsoft is expected to show off Halo 5: Guardians, Forza Motorsport 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War, and reveal unannounced titles “coming in 2015 and beyond”. One or more titles from Rare are also expected, as well as a reveal of the new Crackdown title.
    Microsoft’s E3 press conference gets underway at 5:30pm on June 15, with the show beginning one day later on June 16.
    Halo 5: Guardians is being released on October 27 2015 for the Xbox One. We will bring you any new information as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check our previous coverage for more information here and here.

http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5 will reportedly feature over 15 free DLC maps, free online co-op

In the lead up to the Electronic Entertainment Expo next week, 343 Industries is teasing us all with some new information about Halo 5: Guardians, thanks to an extensive cover feature in the latest issue of Game Informer.
    While a lot of the details in the cover feature relate to the game's single-player campaign, there were some interesting tidbits revealed about multiplayer content. The game will apparently launch with over 20 maps, and then by July 2016, 343 Industries will add in over 15 extra maps as free downloadable content.
    It's very unusual these days for a publisher to release extra maps for a multiplayer game for free, with companies such as Activision (Call of Duty) and EA (Battlefield) loving to suck more money out of gamers via season passes and map packs, which can often cost as much as the game itself. Free maps to go with Halo 5 will add a lot of value to those who continue to play the game beyond its launch.
    Halo 5 will also support online co-op for the campaign, and apparently that won't require an Xbox Live Gold subscription, which is typically required for multiplayer features on the Xbox One. However, if you do want to dive into the standard versus multiplayer modes, you will still need Xbox Live Gold for your account.
    More details surrounding Halo 5, its campaign, and a "completely new, epic multiplayer experience" will be unveiled during E3 next week. The game itself is slated for launch on October 27th, 2015.
    Noticia:
    http://www.techspot.com/news/60943-halo-5-free-dlc.html
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5 – New Screenshots and Information Leaked

E3 is just around the corner, and it seems that Microsoft will have a great show, full of game announcements and surprises. Leading the way in exclusives for 2015, the Xbox One has plenty of titles to keep players busy over the holiday season. Halo 5: Guardians is certainly of Microsoft’s big guns, and During Microsoft’s conference we will see more of the game.

A new set of screenshots from Halo 5 have been shared and even though they are not of the best quality they do look rather nice.

Some information from an individual who played a recent build of Halo 5, has also come to light, and can be viewed below:

• Incineration Cannon is back and has changed compared to Halo 4. Players can charge up a shot and the longer you charge, the more powerful it is. Battery based rather than ammo based.
    • Railgun is back from Halo 4 and works almost identically – could hold up to 11 shots
    • Overshield was present had some weird screen effect when you picked it up – looked like a bug
    • Boltshot is back but doesn’t work like halo 4 – no shotgun fire mode. fires two shots at once and sort of tracks players
    • Suppressor is back and fires a lot slower
    • Blue outline on weapons was in the build
    • Killcams were disabled in the build, could spectate players while you were dead
    • BR spread was near-gone – fired so fast
    • Spartan chatter was reduced hugely, less pointless callouts
    • Spartan bro moments cut down, game ending segment is just your spartans walking towards the screen, no more highfives and shit
    • Killfeed modified to be like this: “PLAYER NAME” “WEAPON KILLED WITH” “PLAYER NAME”
    • Pistol RoF is modified to be slower but is a lot more powerful – competes with AR and BR
    • Ground pound is harder to use, radius is tiny
    • Overshield was bugged, my shields said i constantly had it even after death

Halo 5 is hugely important to Microsoft but there’s so much more coming to Xbox One

Graeme Boyd, social marketing manager at Xbox, has revealed in an interview with gamer2gamerevolved that there are more exclusives besides the ones that are already announced. Boyd admitts that Halo 5 is hugely important to Microsoft but there’s much more besides Fable Legends, Quantum Break and Rise of The Tomb Raider.

“Absolutely. As you can imagine, Halo is a huge deal for us at Xbox and I can’t wait to see where Master Chief’s story is going in Halo 5. If you’ve been following the #HuntTheTruth stuff there’s some really interesting stuff going down, and I think we’ll really need to question our understanding of Chief as a character and the relationship we’ve all had with him over the last 15 years.
    “I think the new direction 343 are taking there feels fresh and new and exciting but still distinctly Halo, so I’m really excited to see and play more of that.”
    “But the most exciting thing for me is that Halo 5 is just one exclusive Xbox One title still to come. We’ve also got Forza 6 on the horizon, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, and lots more to come – and don’t forget that Xbox One is the only place you can play the new Tomb Raider this year. That – plus all the big third-party titles – means it’s a brilliant time to be an Xbox gamer.”
    Phil Spencer has confirmed that they will be showing a new IP at E3 2015, but everything indicates that there would be quite a few surprises, and possibly more than one new IP. Microsoft’s E3 press conference gets underway at 5:30pm on June 15, with the show beginning one day later on June 16.
    We will bring you any new information from Microsoft and E3 2015 as soon as it becomes available.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5 – New Details on Campaign, Graphics and Gameplay

Halo 5: Guardians details is scheduled to release for the Xbox One on October 27. Xbox MVP Dan Hammill visited developer 343 Industries and afterwards hosted an AMA session on the Halo subreddit.

Some of the most interesting information he shared includes the following, starting on details regarding the campaign:
    It felt like I was actually a Spartan. I always took the high road and climbed above my teammates with a DMR to rain hell down upon my foes below. Would play again.
    Apparently enough[cutscenes], as we only played a THIRD of the mission and the start and end of that section had cutscenes. Most story is told through com chatter, though
    Most memorable moment was just watching the first cutscene. I wish you guys could see it. Blue team is so badass. They don’t even flinch. They just KNOW the Covies will be sucked into space.
    John’s the leader. Most discussions involve him. Like the example given, Fred asks a question, John responds “We don’t ask.”

Hammil the shares his impression onthe gameplay and the AI of Halo 5:
    Enemy AI was top-notch. Dueling with a sword Elite was a challenge. NOT comparable to Noble team, they were awful. They’re smarter. They talk to each other. One grunt blew all four of us up with a plasma. It was embarrassing. The Jackals jetpack up to you and stuff, but I didn’t see anything else I don’t believe.
    It looks like the new Promethean Soldiers might have thrusters, though.
    Commands felt as they should: The game was made with them in mind. I wouldn’t call them a gimmick as much as “thank god they’re useful now”. Think Halo Reach and how awful they all were. GET IN MY WARTHOG! Now you can tell them to with a button.
    It sucks to drop a sword in favor of a rocket, so tell you buddy to grab it.
    You can send them places, make them enter vehicles or turrets, target an enemy, pick up a weapon, and come revive you faster.

Images courtesy of GameInformer

Regarding the graphics of Halo 5, he explained:

It really looked that good [as in the screenshots]. It played smooth. I didn’t see a stutter.
    [Graphics improved]Quite drastically[from the beta]. As far as I’m aware I was playing at 1080p at the studio (could be wrong). Beta was 720. It just seemed very smooth.
    As for music, the audio design in general seemed very polished. It was never overwhelming like Halo 4. Sounds were amazing. We had an audio demo (I actually got to play Halo 5 in the sound studio) that blew my mind. The sounds of bullets whizzing past and how the environment echoes is very impressive.
    Yes! Classic grunt! It’s hilarious. We were given an audio demo which I hope everyone can see. The covies interact with each other. Example:
    Grunt: “I’m gonna kill him!”
    Elite: “You! Grunt! Go that way!”
    Grunt: Mumbles angrily
    Design Director Kevin Franklin teased a super secret multiplayer mode while speaking to GameInformer:
    We also have a complementary new epic multiplayer experience which we’re really excited to show off at E3. I can’t say too much about it, but I can tell you it does incorporate all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the very first time ever. This was always a dream of ours and all of our fans to build something like this. It’s been three years of long development and an incredible amount of play testing. We can’t wait to show it off.

Microsoft promises that E3 will give players the chance “see the greatest games lineup in Xbox history”.
    Microsoft is expected to show off Halo 5: Guardians, Forza Motorsport 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War, and also reveal some unannounced titles “coming in 2015 and beyond”. One or more titles from Rare are expected. Microsoft’s E3 press conference gets underway at 5:30pm on June 15, with the show beginning one day later on June 16.
    We will bring you any new information on Halo 5: Guardians, Microsoft and E3 2015 as soon as it becomes available.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5: Guardians Gameplay Trailer Showcases Beautiful Visuals and Co-op Campaign

Microsoft revealed the first gameplay of Halo 5: Guardians, showcasing some quite beautiful visuals and some very special and unique gameplay elements. Halo 5: Guardians features multiplayer co-op campaign where players take control of one of the characters from one of two squads, one being under the comman of the Master Chief and the second one under Spartan Locke.

Halo 5 Warzone Trailer. XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE. Revealed at E3, this all new multiplayer mode is a brand-new multiplayer experience more ambitious than anything ever introduced in Halo, combining the best elements of Halo gameplay into one, gigantic multiplayer mode. Available October 27, 2015 in Halo 5: Guardians.

Halo 5: Guardians will be releasing exclusively for the Xbox One on October 27. We wil bring you any new information as soon as it becomes available.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5 multiplayer will have micro-transactions

Now for the disappointing news of the day, Microsoft’s biggest exclusive title of the year, Halo 5: Guardians, will have micro-transactions thrown in to the multiplayer portion of the game, apparently as a “matter of convenience”. As you would imagine, this has become a pretty big talking point right now for Halo players.
    In Halo 5, there is a new Requisition System, or REQ for short. REQ points can be earned while playing either the Warzone or Arena game modes in multiplayer and then used to get weapons, armours, skins, new assassination missions among other things. The controversy stems from the fact that you can buy these REQ points instead of earning them and then unlock new weapons and armour in the game.

Microsoft won’t be keeping all of the proceeds for itself, a portion of it will be placed in the prize pool for the Halo Championship Series tournament. According to 343 Industries, all of the weapons in the game are well-balanced, so the fact that you can buy REQ points for new weapons shouldn’t turn in to a pay to win mechanic. However, that hasn’t done much to calm fan concerns.
    343 Industries’ own Josh Holmes posted on Halo Waypoint to try to address concerns surrounding the REQ system, saying: “While players will earn REQ Packs across both Arena and Warzone, only cosmetic items can be used in our Arena experience. This is to ensure that all players start with the same weapons and abilities as part of our vision for the balanced, competitive play in Arena multiplayer.”
    In Arena, only cosmetic items can be used from the REQ store. However, paid for weapons can be used in Warzone, which is a player versus player versus AI game mode taking place on larger maps. Currently we don’t know to what degree it will affect gameplay, if it all but still, micro-transactions in a triple A title is bound to leave many gamers feeling pretty annoyed.
    Noticia:
    http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthe...-transactions/

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoying Multiplayer Again With Halo 5's Warzone

As much as we all want to see more of the story behind the Master Chief's next adventure, there's another section of Halo 5: Guardians that deserves attention: the new Warzone multiplayer, which combines some of the classic online gameplay that fans know and love with new mechanics to increase the intensity.
    A New Twist On An Old Game

At its heart, Warzone is a game of attrition. Two teams of 12 start on opposite ends of a large map consisting of one home base for each team and three neutral bases. At the beginning, players will need to clear their respective home bases of enemy AI. From there, both teams will then try to gain an upper hand by taking as many bases as possible.
    There are three ways to win. First is a time limit of 18 minutes, which seems like a long time, but considering the large map and constant skirmishes, it's often the deciding factor of who wins or loses.
    Another path to victory is to score a total of 1,000 Victory Points. This can be accomplished by killing enemy players or taking out AI bosses littered on other parts of the map. That last part should be familiar to MOBA players.
    If you're easily tearing through the enemy ranks and claiming all the bases with the exception of the opponent's home base, you can make one final push to destroy the enemy's core system at their base.
    Briefing (With HoloLens!)

I played the game on two occasions. The first time, the tutorial was shown to us via a quick video. On the second time around, it was a completely different story, thanks to the incorporation of Microsoft's HoloLens. While gathered around a circular table, a few other players and I were briefed by female Spartan who showed us a holographic model of the map and the various objectives. (More on that another time soon.)
    Red Versus Blue

After the briefing, we were led to another room to play the game. After arriving by dropping right outside our bases, we cleared it of AI hostiles and claimed it. From there we were also able to use the requisition kiosks, or REQ Stations, which you can use to buy more powerful weapons and even land and air vehicles.
    However, there was a matter of claiming the neutral bases on the map. It all comes to a head in the garage, the third neutral base and the central structure in the game. For a majority of the fight, both teams traded ownership of the base. This is where the REQ terminal comes in handy.
    Over time, the amount of energy required to purchase items will increase as you play. Additionally, taking out enemy opponents and AI bosses will also increase your character's level, granting access to more powerful weapons and vehicles.
    There, high level purchases can be the turning tide in a battle. For me, that was when I bought a huge robot to aid in the fight. By keeping the enemy on the defensive at one of their two bases, my team could easily split up, to either continue the push to capture another base, or go to a different section of the map and take out another boss. With time dwindling down, the strategy worked, as we eventually managed to gain enough Victory Points to easily win the match.
    Strangely Addictive

This combination of Player versus Player and Player versus Environment gameplay is still a fairly new concept, but it works. I'm not usually this lucky (or good) at online play, and I'm not the only one. Even if you're like me, Warzone still offers a way for you to contribute thanks to those AI bosses. As for those who live for PvP action, you won't be disappointed either.
    Halo 5's Warzone had an impressive showing at E3, with its large map, multiple ways to win, and a diverse offering of enemies, equipment and weapons. It's been quite a while since I've played a Halo title and enjoyed multiplayer gameplay. After what I saw from 343 Industries at E3, Warzone might be my ticket back in the game.
    Noticia:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/hal...yer,29403.html

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An Unexpected Surprise: 'Halo 5' And HoloLens

Ever since its initial reveal in January, we've been closely following the progress of Microsoft's HoloLens. Our hands-on experience earlier this year at BUILD provided us with a glimpse of its potential, but at its current stage of development, there was very little to offer.
    However, that didn't stop the company from showing off HoloLens in gaming scenarios at E3, specifically with an onstage demo with Minecraft that received waves of "oohs" and "aahs" from the crowd. Considering the high level of secrecy surrounding HoloLens from our previous interaction with it, I didn't expect to see it again after the Xbox event. But at the Halo 5: Guardians demo featuring the Warzone multiplayer, it was HoloLens that greeted players before they tried the new multiplayer feature.
    Preparation

The night before I tried HoloLens, I heard some rumors about it being used for Halo. I immediately dismissed them because the first time I played the Warzone multiplayer game, we only saw a brief video about how to play the game.
    However, when I was in line again for the game at Microsoft's E3 booth, there was an employee with a device that measured my eye width. He then wrote it on a card, handed it to me, and told me to give that number to the people inside. Once we were allowed to go inside the demo area, I found out the card's purpose: HoloLens.
    In the dimly lit room, a few employees were dressed in white lab coats. They gave us a brief overview of how to put on HoloLens, and then in groups of two, we were fitted with our own HoloLens to use. When it was my turn to put it on, I gave the number to the "lab technicians," and one handed me Microsoft's prototype device.
    That "Whoa" Moment

After a few seconds of calibration with the software, I was told to stand and then head to my right, where a marker would tell me where to go. Sure enough, HoloLens provided me with a digital mark that counted down the distance left to reach it. It reminded me of a custom waypoint that you could place at any location in games, but this seemed to invade the real world without it actually being there.
    Once I reached the marker, I turned right, where another person told me to look at the wall to my left. Again, for someone not using HoloLens, it would appear to just be a blank section of the wall. For me, it was a small window into a vast spaceship hangar. Crews were putting finishing touches on a ship or running around trying to grab more parts. Additionally, other ships were flying in and out of the hangar, once again keeping that entire atmosphere of the Halo universe around me.
    This little hangar viewing also showed me the limitations of HoloLens for the first time. I knew from past stories that its field of view was small, but I didn't realize how tiny it was until now. The "window" to the hangar was a tiny slit in the digital wall, and if positioned correctly with HoloLens, you wouldn't notice the visual borders of the device. But move just a little bit and I could see the kind of area I was working with for the next few minutes.
    After the little hangar preview, I was told to move to another section of the room that contained a round table, somewhat similar to the hologram tables you see in generic science fiction movies. Sure enough, there was a hologram of a large ship in the middle of the table. There was also a red reticule on the ship, which tracked my eye movements. I could use it to hover over specific parts of the ship, such as its weapons or rockets, and see more details about them in my HUD.
    With everyone finally settled around the table, the ship disappeared and was replaced by a female Spartan soldier named Commander Palmer. She then told us how Warzone works, by showing a virtual map of the entire area as well as showing off the various aliens that inhabit specific parts of the map.
    Again, the only limiting factor of the entire experience was HoloLens' field of view. The display area for Palmer's presentation was slightly larger than the hangar scene, which meant that you can't really keep the entire scene in your view unless you were a certain distance away. At that point you're either looking for a full view from far away or for better detail up close. For now, it's hard to get both.
    Someday, Not Today

Other than the Minecraft demo at the Xbox event, this is the only other time we've seen HoloLens used for gaming purposes. Unfortunately, it's hard to see it having any kind of a permanent fixture for games. At BUILD, it was shown as more of a work-oriented device with some capabilities with games. Using HoloLens with Halo 5: Guardians works because it gives off the same science fiction vibe as the series.
    Of course, HoloLens is still in early development with room to improve, so Microsoft could prove me wrong if or when the device arrives on store shelves.
    Noticia:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/une...ens,29409.html

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5 May Remove Split Screen and LAN Play

Halo 5 developers, 343 Industries, is making waves with some dramatic changes to the way the Microsoft title will be played. Local co-op campaign had previously been officially removed earlier this month, with co-op campaign games requiring Xbox Live Gold to hook players together. Now 343 appears to have confirmed that local multiplayer will also be missing from the title as well, and there are some indications that local LAN play will also be removed as well.
    A Halo fan took to Twitter with a screen cap for the Xbox One Halo 5 pre-order page showing a single player limit on one Xbox One, asking if it meant split screening has been removed. 343 head Josh Holmes responded with a vague statement, saying that “All MP modes use full screen on dedicated servers, incl Coop Campaign, Arena and Warzone.”
    This can be taken to mean that all multiplayer modes use full screen when connecting with dedicated servers. It can also be phrased to mean exactly what it says, that all multiplayer modes will use full screen and dedicated servers. The first interpretation is nothing new but the second one is more troubling. While similar FPS games have lost co-op campaign in the past, local multiplayer is a mainstay of many games, allowing a few friends to come together to and challenge each other.
    All previous Xbox Halo titles featured local multiplayer as well as local LAN play and losing both will be a shame. Loss of local LAN may become a huge problem for large parties and tournaments in particular. Microsoft has been pushing users to adopt a more online environment but removing well-used features that previous titles had is not the way to go about this.
    Noticia:
    http://www.eteknix.com/halo-5-may-en...l-multiplayer/

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5 Guardians – Xbox One E3 Frame-Rate Test

DigitalFoundry has released a video testing the performance of Halo 5 Guardians from the E3 2015 gameplay demonstration.

It is titled as a ‘Work In Progress’ test and can be viewed below:

E3 work-in-progress footage. 343 Industries is aiming for 60fps gameplay, but it’s clear that there’s a lot of optimisation work to do – and we suspect that could well be down to CPU as well as GPU.
    Already, 343 is looking to free up as much GPU time as possible – as well as lower resolution transparencies effects (explosions etc), there’s a dynamic horizontal resolution in play here, while vertical resolution is locked to 810 pixels right now. But 343 says that nothing from E3 resolution-wise is final – but we can definitely see the techniques it is currently using in an attempt to keep frame-rate high.
    DigitalFoundry explains:
    The current dynamic frame resolution system can actually be observed in more detail within the ‘Road to E3′ video published on the Halo Channel a few weeks back, and embedded below. It provides a closer look at the game in a debug state, complete with important performance statistics visible on-screen, as the camera is flown in and around the environment. We can see the horizontal resolution apparently shift dynamically between a full 1920 all the way down to 832 pixels. With 810 vertical lines in play we’re looking at a resolution ranging from 1920×810 to 832×810. However, in b-roll distributed during E3, minimum resolution observed comes in at 1152×810 – not exactly wonderful but presumably more indicative of where the system is right now during gameplay.
    343 Industries Studio Head Josh Holmes, with online alias, Sal1ent, recently took to the Team Beyond forums to answer a few questions about Halo 5: Guardians.

A fan asked whether it would be possible to allow users to ‘maintain weapon (and grenade) control during sprint, but with no or extremely limited aim assist’, to which Holmes replied that the idea would take a lot of tweaking and balancing to implement into the game.
    This idea is interesting but it would take a ton of tuning and balancing to make it work. It’s definitely not something that could be implemented for Halo 5 (even if we wanted to). One downside to this approach is that it softens the tradeoff for sprinting and makes the direct impact of that tradeoff (inability to shoot accurately) less clear. We would need to invest a lot of time in refining the player feedback (through the HUD, audio) to ensure that all players understand what is happening when their accuracy drops substantially. If done poorly, this would feel random to players who don’t have the benefit of understanding what is happening behind the scenes. In general we have found (through substantial testing and player feedback) that analog relationships between different game states are very challenging to communicate and often lead to player confusion (and therefore frustration).
    Holmes continued regarding maintaining weapon and grenade control while operating thruster pack.
    Similar feedback to the idea above. We’ve focused instead on tuning the window between initiation of the thrust and ability to shoot (for the thrusting player) so that there is enough “tell” without feeling sluggish. This has continued to be refined since beta and feels much snappier.
    Some notable points were, firstly ‘the sub-optimal visibility when using the ability on the beta’s precision weapons, to which Holmes replied
    This has been improved since beta. All weapons have gone through substantial tuning as a result of feedback and data.
    And some balancing tweaks for the AR/Magnum and the Magnum, to which Holmes replied with
    We are currently focused on AR/Magnum and the Magnum has been buffed considerably. IMO this is the best the Magnum has felt in Halo since at least CE (if not ever).
    Halo 5: Guardians is being released on October 27 2015 for the Xbox One. We will bring you any new information as soon as it becomes available.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5: Guardians: “haven’t locked in our final resolution yet”

Chris Lee, the lead producer for Halo 5: Guardians, confirmed that the entire game is set to run at 60FPS, but he also admitted that because of that target, the final resolution hasn’t been finalized quite yet.

Halo 5: Guardians could run at a lower resolution than 1080P to meet a 60FPS target.

Gaming Bolt had a chat with Chris Lee about the progress that they’ve been making with Halo 5. He was able to tell them that they have quite a bit of development progress to make in order to have a game that they think will be release ready.
    Specifically he Lee was asked about the target resolution and framerate. He was able to explain that nothing has yet to be finalized, though that when optimizing the game for the Xbox One, they haven’t had any issues utilizing the eSRAM properly.

“So, we’re still optimizing the game as we haven’t launched so we haven’t locked in our final resolution yet. But we will talk more about that in the future.”
    – Chris Lee via Gaming Bolt
    Resolution is a hot topic among gamers, especially of the console variety. It seems that a lower resolution is assumed to directly correlate to a less enjoyable gaming experience. Last year the Halo 5 multiplayer beta ran at 720P due to it being a non-final build. 343 Industries was swift in letting gamers know that that won’t necessarily be the final resolution it’ll ship with. Currently though we still don’t know, aside from that they wish to hit a 60FPS target framerate for Halo 5 for a more enthusiastic experience.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5: Guardians Campaign Behind the Scenes Teaser & Xbox@SDCC – Day One Recap

The official Xbox YouTube channel has made available a Halo 5: Guardians Campaign Behind the Scenes Teaser for the Xbox One Exclusive, which can be watched below:

A mysterious and unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, the Master Chief is missing and his loyalty questioned. A Hero Reborn ViDoc takes you behind the scenes of the most dramatic Halo story to date in a 4-player cooperative epic that spans three worlds.
    You can watch the entire documentary now on the Halo Channel. The Halo Channel is currently available on Xbox One, Windows 8.1 PCS/Tablets, IOS, Android and coming soon to Windows Phone.
    You can also watch the Xbox@SDCC – Day One Recap (from the San Diego Comic-Con) below:

DigitalFoundry has recently released a video testing the performance of Halo 5 Guardians from the E3 2015 gameplay demonstration.

It is titled as a ‘Work In Progress’ test and can be viewed below:

E3 work-in-progress footage. 343 Industries is aiming for 60fps gameplay, but it’s clear that there’s a lot of optimisation work to do – and we suspect that could well be down to CPU as well as GPU.
    Already, 343 is looking to free up as much GPU time as possible – as well as lower resolution transparencies effects (explosions etc), there’s a dynamic horizontal resolution in play here, while vertical resolution is locked to 810 pixels right now. But 343 says that nothing from E3 resolution-wise is final – but we can definitely see the techniques it is currently using in an attempt to keep frame-rate high.
    DigitalFoundry explains:
    The current dynamic frame resolution system can actually be observed in more detail within the ‘Road to E3′ video published on the Halo Channel a few weeks back, and embedded below. It provides a closer look at the game in a debug state, complete with important performance statistics visible on-screen, as the camera is flown in and around the environment. We can see the horizontal resolution apparently shift dynamically between a full 1920 all the way down to 832 pixels. With 810 vertical lines in play we’re looking at a resolution ranging from 1920×810 to 832×810. However, in b-roll distributed during E3, minimum resolution observed comes in at 1152×810 – not exactly wonderful but presumably more indicative of where the system is right now during gameplay.
    We will bring you any new information on Halo 5: Guardians as soon as it becomes available.

Tech Mestre
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boa noite,

Penso que a Microsoft agora com o Windows 10 e a Windows Store a poderem finalmente vingar entre os utilizadores, tem a oportunidade de ouro para se impor na distribuição digital e podia e devia apostar em colocar as suas propriedades ao dispor dos utilizadores na sua própria loja digital e usar isso como uma vantagem para si fazendo desses conteúdos exclusivos da sua loja (digo face ao steam). Jogos como Halo, Gears Of War, Fable Legends, Minecraft, Age Of Empires, etc, são nomes sonantes e facilmente atrairiam compras na Windows Store.

Penso que seja o caminho que devem seguir, veremos se o fazem.

Cumprimentos.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo 5's campaign features eight playable Spartans

343 Industries has revealed new info on the importance of teamwork in Halo 5: Guardians' campaign mode, underlining key mechanics and tweaks they've made along the way.

For the most part 343i has kept the standard Halo formula in tact for Halo 5, but this time around the game has a decidedly more strategic co-operative feel. Gone are the days of lone-wolfing it in Master Chief's boots: throughout the missions you'll be accompanied by three other Spartans all with their own attributes, Loadouts, and specialized HUD's.

"Your team is your weapon," reads the developers' new Halo Waypoint update.

Just like Halo 2 the newest chapter is split between multiple perspectives. First there's Blue Team, led by John-117, which features classic Spartan III's like the sharpshooter Linda and the ultra-fast Kelly. A new conscript by the name of Tanaka joins the ranks as well, and is aided with increased motion sensors.

Osiris Team (pictured below),led by ONI's Agent Locke, is a team of sleuthing Spartan IV's charged with finding Master Chief and the rest of Blue Team when they mysteriously go AWOL. Osiris Team also has a unique "Tracking" ability that

"Throughout the course of the campaign the action will shift between Fireteam Osiris (Locke) and Blue Team (Master Chief). The Chief's missions represent vital turning points within the story and pose questions the player will answer while playing as Locke and Osiris. Only by playing back and forth between the two teams will the complete story be told."

The teams have four Spartans apiece totaling up to eight playable characters, each having specific weapon loadouts, abilities, and specialized heads-up displays. Even if you play alone, AI-controlled Spartans will compliment you during the campaign. 343i affirms that four Spartans will be active at any given time, and other online players can join your session with seamless drop-in/drop-out co-op play.

image: http://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/news/...d-strategy.png
    image: http://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/news/...d-strategy.png

"Each character's HUD has been painstakingly designed by our artists to reflect the visual language of that particular Spartan," the devs iterate on the stylistic choices. For example, Locke's HUD (pictured left) has a more angular and sleek design to represent his persona and role, whereas Linda's HUD (pictured right) is more streamlined for her designation as the team's sniper expert.

As for examples of the character-specific weapon loadouts, Linda will launch with her trademark Sniper Rifle whereas Master Chief totes his trusty Assault Rifle and Magnum combo. There are also "subtle differences" between the characters that match Halo's canon. Kelly has a noticable speed boost during the campaign, and we can expect small variations among the fireteams to keep things interesting.

Halo 5 also has a unique new orders-based system that affords new strategic command. If you happen to be playing as either fireteam's leader, Master Chief or Locke, you can issue commands to your team like "revive player" or "pick up weapon" by pressing Up on the D-Pad. AI-controller teammates will follow commands on a whim, bringing a new tactical sense to gameplay.

A new Revive mechanic will make its appearance in the campaign as well. When a Spartan's shield bar and health are depleted they'll go into a "downed" state rather than dying, giving other teammates the chance to revive them.

"If you die before you can be revived, you will respawn once a player-controlled member of your team makes it to a safe location, free from combat. If every player-controlled member of your team is killed in action, you will wipe back to the previous checkpoint. This adds a layer of risk/reward to the traditional checkpoint system used in prior Halo games, and in co-op, encourages better teamwork and sportsmanship."

To keep things balanced out 343i has given all the game's enemies a hefty boost. Baddies are not only faster and stronger, they have new complex adapting behaviors that are specifically designed to deal with whole teams of players. The environments can feature dozens and dozens of foes, giving a real epic feel to every mission.

"The scale of campaign experience that we are delivering with Halo 5: Guardians is far beyond any previous Halo game. With co-operative play as a focus, it has meant creating larger spaces with multiple vertical levels and intersecting pathways. Teammates are encouraged to spread out and explore, seeking advantageous positions from which to support one another."

Sadly Halo 5 will not feature split-screen, and you'll be limited to online play for drop-in/drop-out co-op and multiplayer. Halo 5: Guardians is slated to release on October 27, 2015 exclusively for the Xbox One.

Noticia:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/46625/...ans/index.html

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    343 Industries discusses decision to remove split screen from Halo 5

TRENDING NOW: SanDisk will have 6TB and 8TB SSDs next year using 15nm NAND flash
    Home
    News
    Gaming

343 Industries discusses decision to remove split screen from Halo 5

No split-screen in Halo 5: Guardians was a tough decision (NASDAQ:MSFT)
    By: Michael Hatamoto | Gaming News | Posted: 7 hours, 37 mins ago
    Comment | Email to a Friend | Font Size: AA

Tweet5

343 Industries took some heat after it was announced Halo 5: Guardians won't support split-screen - and now the game developer is discussing its decision.

"The decision to remove split-screen support from Halo 5: Guardians was one of the most difficult ones we've ever had to make as a studio," said Josh Holmes, executive producer, in a blog post. "We know that for many of our fans, Halo has meant playing together with friends in the same room. We all have great memories of past Halo split-screen multiplayer matches."

Indeed, it looks like 343 Industries wanted to "deliver a true next-gen experience" and "tough choices had to be made." To help deliver the best gaming environment, there needed to be room for scale - and Halo 5 could have been comprised if a split-screen setting was included in the game.

Even with its decision, it looks like many gamers are still unhappy that split-screen will be removed - especially when the gameplay style is so well known among Halo gamers.

For those interested, Halo 5: Guardians is scheduled for released on October 27, and will be available for the Microsoft Xbox One.

Noticia:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/46671/...o-5/index.html

Página 2 de 5 PrimeiroPrimeiro 1234 ... ÚltimoÚltimo

Informação da Thread