Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Browser Vivaldi

Former Opera CEO Launches New Vivaldi Browser For 'Hardcore' Browser Users

Vivaldi Technologies launched a technical preview of a new browser called Vivaldi. The company itself was co-founded by Opera Software co-founder and former CEO Jon von Tetzchner and aims to pick up where Opera Software left off when it ditched the Presto engine for Google's open-source Blink and Chromium software.
    "Most browsers today want to appeal to everyone, but that means they all start to look the same and have similar features," said Tetzchner. "We believe the most advanced web users deserve more. We're picking up where the old Opera browser left off by building a fast, powerful tool that puts its users first. Today our team is proud to unveil Vivaldi. It's built with love by people who love the web browser."
    So what makes this browser unique? According to co-founder Tatsuki Tomita, users can stack tabs together for "easy grouping." For instance, Tom's Hardware visitors can open another tab for Tom's Guide, then place that tab on top of the Tom's Hardware tab. To switch between the two, simply move the cursor on top of the stack and then choose one of the thumbnail views.
    The new browser also comes packed with a "Notes" feature that allows users to take notes while browsing and even take screenshots. The Notes feature resides on the left panel (which can be hidden if needed) and by clicking on the "+" button, a small Note window opens on the panel. These notes can be edited, deleted and stored in a special folder if needed. Cool stuff.
    In addition to note taking, the new browser provides a "speed dial" feature that allows users to quickly access sites from one place. The company also boasts "re-imagined" bookmarks, which can be viewed as your standard bookmark tree or as a set of Speed Dials. Quick commands are also provided for accessing features like bookmarks, history, open tabs and so on. Simply type "F2" or "Ctrl+Q" to access this particular panel.
    The browser itself is rather lean and mean. Access to bookmarks, email, contacts, downloads and notes can be found on a black panel to the left (by default). The browser's settings can be accessed by a gear icon at the bottom of this panel, offering means to change the browser's appearance, change the keyboard commands settings, edit the privacy settings and more.
    Finally, at the bottom of the browser, users can enlarge the panel and turn it off altogether. The browser also provides options to turn off all images on the displayed page, and zoom in and out using a slider (just hit the reset button to bring the zoom back to 100 percent). The browser even comes packed with support for mouse gestures.
    All in all, from our brief trial of the new browser, Vivaldi is an extremely lean and fast Internet window geared to "hardcore browser fans." This is also the company's first technical preview, so users should expect to see even more features in the next several months. These include spatial navigation, syncing bookmarks, notes and so on across multiple devices.
    Does that mean a mobile version is on the way? The current version, which has been in development for about a year, runs on Linux, Mac and Windows. However, the company expects to bring the browser to mobile devices in the near future.
    So how will this browser compete with the likes of Firefox and Chrome? According to Tomita, the browser's feature sets for advanced users will be its main selling point. The company is also betting on unique services such as the Quick Commands, the bookmarks and the Speed dial.
    "You can add functionalities to Chrome and Firefox by installing extensions, but that's not what everyone want to do," Tomita told Tom's Hardware. "We think there is a need for a browser which comes with [a] pre-integrated and optimized experience out of the box."
    "We want to provide [a] great deal of customization options to enable unique web experience," Tomita added. "And, that should be done without compromising performance and security by installing lots of different extensions."
    Noticia:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/viv...nds,28461.html
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hands-on with Vivaldi, the new Web browser for power users

40px">
    Vivaldi
    It's been a long time since a brand new desktop browser landed on the Web. Web newcomers might even be forgiven for thinking that there have always been just four such browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
    After the vicious early days when the world of Web browsers closely resembled the ruthless world of the railroad barons a century earlier, the browser market settled down to something pretty boring. First there was IE and Firefox. A few years later, Apple introduced Safari. Several years after that, Google launched Chrome. And since Chrome arrived in 2008, the Web hasn't seen another major browser launch—until now.
    The browser is dead, long live the browser

Part of the reason no one seems to be building new browsers is that it's a massive undertaking. Another part, though, is likely due to the rise of mobile devices, which have spawned a thousand browsers that are all quietly, invisibly embedded into other applications.
    Site-specific mobile applications like the Facebook or Twitter apps push the browser into the background. When you click a link in these apps, the pages just appear. Behind the scenes an embedded browser handles everything without switching to whatever dedicated browser might be installed on the device at hand. In fact, there's little need for a dedicated Web browser at all these days if you spend most of your time in mobile applications.
    Desktop browsers have largely followed this overall trend of slipping into the background. Every new release sees them simplifying their interfaces and removing features that their data collection tools indicate are only used by a small handful. RSS icons disappear, toolbars get hidden away, the URL bar will likely disappear soon for many.
    Toda a review:
    http://arstechnica.com/information-t...r-power-users/
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vivaldi Browser is the True Successor to Opera

Many internet users, myself included, were disappointed by the death of the Opera browser. It was my primary browser for nearly a decade, as it was for many other smart internet users, but it only ever held around 5% of the browser market share.
    While, admittedly, I found the latter iterations of the browser to be bloated, sluggish, and prone to memory leaks, at its peak, Opera was the fastest, safest, and most customisable browser available. Sadly, in an effort to become more commercially viable, Opera dropped its innovative Presto engine, opting instead for Google’s Blink rendering engine, effectively making the browser a stripped-down version of Chrome. The Opera logo remained, yes, but the browser we knew was now dead.
    Thankfully, Opera co-founder and former CEO Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner, in partnership with fellow former Opera employee Tatsuki Tomita, has picked up the baton his former company dropped to launch Vivaldi, a high-end browser designed to appeal to heavy internet users and former Opera fans and one which intends to form strong bonds with its community.
    While Vivaldi, like modern Opera, utilises the Chromium engine rather than its own custom engine, it manages to have its cake and eat it, too: it is as though Vivaldi has taken the modern Opera and included the rich features of the old Presto version, effectively telling its predecessor, ‘this is how you do it.’
    As Von Tetzchner told Ivan Minic last year, “When it comes to drafting a completely new engine, there is a very good reason why no one has done it in the last 15 years. It is an extremely difficult and complicated process, and it takes extreme amounts of work in order to be compatible with all other standards.”
    While Vivaldi is desktop-only at present – “we started with a desktop version because it was a starting point from Opera,” Von Tetzchner said – there are plans afoot for a mobile version for tablets and smartphones.
    Von Tetzchner sold his shares in Opera back in 2014 – three years after leaving the company over its new strategy – to launch Vivaldi, and the move looks to have paid off. I’ve been using the Beta 2 build of Vivaldi – which launched on 17th December, 2015 – for the last couple of weeks, and it is everything I could have hoped for, delivering the Opera I knew back in 2009 in the form of a decidedly modern, beautiful browser interface.

Vivaldi Beta 2 for Windows, Mac, and Linux can be downloaded from the Vivaldi website.
    Noticia:
    http://www.eteknix.com/vivaldi-brows...ssor-to-opera/

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vivaldi, the web browser for power users, finally gets its version 1.0 release

When it comes to web browsers, if you consider yourself a ‘power user’ and feel that the likes of Chrome and Firefox lack certain features as a way of making them more accessible, then Vivaldi could be for you.
    Working with a “team of browser building pioneers,” Vivaldi founder Jon von Tetzchner – co-founder and former CEO of Opera – has set out to make “web browsers powerful again” with the launch of Vivaldi 1.0.

“There is really a need for a different kind of product in the market,” said von Tetzchner. “And so we decided to build a browser with rich functionality.”
    Following a long period of public development, the official 1.0 version of Vivaldi is released today. It comes with a slew of features, including the ability to drop tabs on top of each other to organize open pages into groups, tab tiling and web panels that let you see multiple pages inside the browser at the same time, a note-taking tool that supports images, and an optional command line-like interface.

Additionally, you can assign specific browser actions to mouse gestures or keyboard shortcuts. Vivaldi also comes with a dizzying amount of customization options; there are over “1 million different ways to make Vivaldi your perfect browser,” according to the company.
    Using Google’s Blink engine, Vivaldi takes up less memory than Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, and it supports most Chrome add-ons, should you want them. The only things missing at launch are synchronization and email, but the team is working on these.

There are Windows, OS X and Linux versions available, and the company is planning to bring Vivaldi to the mobile platform, too.
    Vivaldi definitely isn’t a browser for casual users, but that’s not its main market. Head over to our download page for Vivaldi if you want to give it a try. After only a few hours using the 1.0 version, I think Vivaldi could become my browser of choice.

Noticia:
    http://www.techspot.com/news/64357-v...s-version.html

Mais um browser (que parece ser bom) como alternativa ao Edge e IE da M$.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meet the first web browser with real potential to be better than Chrome

For a long time I’ve had a love-hate relationship with Chrome. I love how it opens pages more quickly than any other browser I’ve used but I hate all the resources that it gobbles up to make that performance happen. I like Microsoft’s Edge browser but there’s still something missing for me there that I can’t quite put my finger on.
    However, for the past couple of days I’ve been playing around with the new Vivaldi browser and it looks like I may have finally found the browser that will allow me to comfortably ditch Chrome.
    DON’T MISS: 5 free tools that will change the way you watch Netflix
    Vivaldi was created by a team led by Opera Software cofounder Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner and the level of polish shown in their just-released first version is quite impressive. Among other things, I’ve never had the level of customization on a browser than what I’ve seen on Vivaldi so far.
    Do you like having your tabs at the bottom or sides of the page instead of the top? Vivaldi can do that. Would you like the ability to open and close new tabs using only gestures? It’s got you covered there as well. Or maybe you’d like to have the ability to close tabs just by double clicking — you guessed it, Vivaldi can do that as well.
    One really neat feature with Vivaldi is its ability to stack tabs on top of one another. You can stack tabs simply by clicking on them and moving them on top of another tab. This will essentially put them all in one tab folder and you can see every tab you have stacked just by hovering your mouse over it:

This is a particularly useful feature to have if prefer to have your tabs loaded on the side of the page instead of on top and it will clear up a lot of space that would have otherwise been clogged up in your tabs bar. Removing tabs from the stack is as simple as right clicking on it and clicking the “Remove from Tab Stack” option.
    Vivaldi’s support for gestures is interesting as well, although I just don’t think that I’ll use them on a regular basis. Here’s how they work: If you hold down your mouse’s right button and make a certain gesture, it will perform an action. So for example, holding down the right mouse button and making an “L” gesture will close your current tab. Holding down the button and doing a straight line down, meanwhile, will open up a new tab.
    This is the kind of thing that I imagine could be really useful on a multitouch display where you could hold down one finger on the display and make the gesture with another finger. While it’s a cool feature for a keyboard-and-mouse setup, it’s also something that doesn’t come naturally to me and I have to remind myself to do it.
    So what are the downsides to Vivaldi? Well, my job involves keeping a lot of tabs open at once and this is where I noticed some lag in Vivaldi’s performance compared with Chrome. It’s nothing major, but once I got more than five tabs open at once, I did notice that pages seemed to load a little more slowly than they normally do on Chrome.
    Nonetheless, Vivaldi is a terrific first version of a browser that I’m sure will only get better with time. It’s definitely worth your time to check out and you can download Vivaldi 1.0 at this link.
    Noticia:
    http://bgr.com/2016/04/08/vivaldi-vs...icrosoft-edge/

Master Business & GPU Man Avatar de Enzo
    Registo
    Jan 2015
    Local
    País Campeão Euro 2016
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    41 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tenho o mesmo problema
    Tenho dezenas e centenas de separadores abertos ao mesmo tempo, portanto, só experimentando. Ainda assim, estou convencido que este vai ser O browser para os próximos anos
    Ideias sem Nexo e Provas do Tráfico de Hardware
    "que personifica o destino, equilíbrio e vingança divina." Dejá vú. Que cena!

Informação da Thread