Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ASUS B150i Pro Gaming Aura Review

Asus provide a wide range of socket 1151 boards, often packing them with features and the ability to maximise performance though extreme overclocking… but that isn’t what everyone needs, or wants. Sometimes our purchasing choices are based on price, or aesthetics and that is where todays review product is aimed. With a compact form factor, wide range of lighting effects and a mainstream chipset ASUS are out to give those of us who just want a fast, stable, stock speed product something special. Welcome to our ASUS B150i Pro Gaming Aura Review.
    ASUS B150i Pro Gaming Aura Review – Packaging and Bundle

The B150i arrives in a very compact box, as we would expect, and on it Asus provide us with a little info on the board features. Inside we find product documentation, software disc, case sticker, drive cables, front panel wiring cable, I/O shield and CPU installation bracket. That final item is designed to make adding our CPU to the socket as easy as possible.
    ASUS B150i Pro Gaming Aura Review – The Motherboard

Asus go for a black and red design for this mini-ITX board. Things do get a little more colourful as this PCB has various LEDs built in which can be set to a wide range of colours and then have effects such as breathing, wave and reaction to music applied. We’ve also got separation of the audio area from the main PCB to reduce interference and enhanced build quality with the likes of surge protected LAN port and memory overcurrent protection. Other key features include Crash Free BIOS which allows us to potentially recover from a situation where the board wont even POST. Status LEDs are also present to assist us with fault finding and high quality capacitors, chokes etc are used throughout.
    As far as CPU support goes, this socket 1151 board allow us to use all processors designed for that platform, including the high end I7-6700K and our two memory slots support up to 32GB of DDR4 at speeds up to 2133MHz.
    Asus go with a PCIe 3.0 16x slot for discrete GPUs and on the drive front we get four SATA 3.0 ports. A front panel USB 3.0 header sits beside those drive sockets and further up the side of the PCB is a 24pin power connector which combines with the 8pin on the top edge.

Round at the back panel we find a PS/2 port, four standard USB ports (two USB 3.0 spec), DVI, optical audio, HDMI, USB 3.0 type C, GB LAN (Intel I219-V) and 3.5mm audio. Speaking of audio, this is a board which features SupremeFX controller (112dB SNR, Realtek 1150) along with shielding, premium Nichicon audio capacitors and 300 Ohm headphone AMP.
    Flipping the board over we fund our final connector, a M.2 slot (32GB/s PCIe 4x spec) capable of holding products up to 2280 length drives.

ASUS go with a fairly familiar BIOS on this product. It looks and functions just like their higher end products, minus the overclocking features due to the limitations of the B150 platform. On the software front, we get the Aura control centre, LAN management and the likes of Sonic Radar, an overlay which reveals information on our enemies in-game. This is of course in addition to the usual Asus apps such as AI Suite for monitoring and controlling our board.

ASUS B150i Pro Gaming Aura Review – Performance

Test systems:
    i7-6700K, Z170/H170/B150, 2x8GB DDR4-2666 (Corsair)
    i7-4790K, Z97, 2x8GB DDR3-2666 (Corsair)
    All with:
    Windows 10
    GTX 980 Ti OC
    Corsair H100 Series Cooler
    Corsair AX1500i PSU
    Samsung 850 Pro SSD (SATA Testing)
    And Samsung T1 SSD (USB Testing)
    On a Dimastech EasyXL Test Bench

ASUS B150i Pro Gaming Aura Review – Conclusion

The B150i Pro Gaming Aura is a board which very much knows its identity and consumer. Who are they? The type of person who wants to build a compact system with significant case window but doesnt care about overclocking, only stability and good performance at stock speeds. They are also likely a gamer, as the enhanced audio and LAN features suggest.
    For that group the board is a very attractive product. We cant really fault it, especially as Asus pack in a bunch of other features such as high quality components, surge protection, wide range of outputs, quality BIOS and wide ranging component support. Really the only limitations of the board are through the very deliberate choice to use B150, so mainly no overclocking, limited memory speed and lack of RAID. Of course the presence of full speed M.2 socket gets us past that final point.
    Summary: Looks great, decent features, quality build and solid performance.

Review:
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/2016/0...g-aura-review/
    Última edição de Jorge-Vieira : 09-04-16 às 13:40
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSI Z170A SLI Plus LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard Review

Designed to deliver full gaming performance at reduced cost, the Z170A SLI Plus arrives with MSI's hope for a value award. Today, we put the ATX motherboard to the test.
    Every enthusiast motherboard priced under $140 muddies the water a little more for those who think a product must fit within a well-defined class. The conversation begins with Intel labeling its LGA 1151 socket as mainstream, and then producing enthusiast processors and chipsets for that so-called mainstream platform. While it's easy for us to ignore the mainstream label when reviewing motherboards that cost over $140, cheaper boards that are barely above mainstream pricing and include enthusiast features are a little harder to classify. Meet the Z170A SLI Plus.

Specifications

Products
    Pricing
    Socket
    Chipset
    Form Factor
    Video Ports
    P/S 2 Ports
    USB Ports
    Network Jacks
    Analog Audio
    Digital Audio Out
    Other Ports/Jacks
    Bluetooth
    PCIe 3.0 x16
    PCIe 3.0 x4
    PCIe 3.0 x1
    PCIe 2.0 x16
    PCIe 2.0 x4
    PCIe 2.0 x1
    CrossFire/SLI
    SATA Ports
    RAID
    USB Headers
    Fan Headers
    SATA Controller/s
    Wi-Fi Controller
    USB Controller/s
    LAN Chipset/s
    Audio Codec
    Voltage Regulator
    Internal Buttons
    Diagnostics Panel
    Warranty

MSI Z170A SLI Plus
    $139.99On Amazon
    LGA 1151
    Z170
    ATX
    VGA, DVI-D, HDMI
    1 (Type C), 2 (3.0), 2 (2.0)
    ✗ (HDMI-only)
    3 (x16/x0/x4, x8/x8/x4)
    SLI x2, CrossFireX x3
    6 (6Gb/s, Shares 2x SATA-E, 1x M.2)
    0, 1, 5, 10
    2 (3.0), 2 (2.0)
    5 (4-pin)
    ASM1142 PCIe
    WGI219V PHY
    ALC1150
    12 Phases
    3 Years

MORE: Best Motherboards
    MORE:
    How To Choose A Motherboard
    MORE: All Motherboard Content

Features

MSI calls this a Pro Series product, yet it appears to be designed exclusively for gamers. Perhaps the firm is going after the idea of professional gaming? The least-expensive SLI-enabled Z170 motherboard we've tested, MSI's Z170A SLI Plus is equipped with a pair of PS/2 ports, a VGA connector, and an HDMI output that can only reach 4k at a mere 24Hz. Then again, gamers would only use onboard video for diagnostics, and some might be using an old PS/2 mouse and clicky keyboard. At least MSI was generous enough to include a Type C USB 3.1 connector.
    The generosity doesn't really stop there either, as the Z170A SLI Plus boosts its Gigabit Ethernet port with Intel's gamer-friendly i219V network PHY, and uses Realtek's high-end ALC1150 audio codec. MSI even advertises an electrically isolated pathway for its audio pathways, Chemi-Con audio capacitors, a full 7.1-channel analog output set, and a separate channel for the headphones.

MSI also leaves the PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 interface available, knowing that many gamers want to build their systems without drive cables. MSI doesn't spend any extra money making it switchable to SATA, however.
    In fact, the only switching extravagance we find is the one needed to enable SLI. Four two-pathway switches are lined up between the two metal-covered PCIe x16 slots to allow x16-x0 to x8-x8 mode changes, which happen automatically whenever a card is detected in the second slot. The third x16-length slot is wired as x4 through the PCH, which makes it incompatible with SLI (though 3-way CrossFireX is still an option).
    Three PCIe x1 slots are also open-ended to accept longer cards, though the lowest x1 slot is boxed in by the clock battery.
    We didn't see many USB 3.0 ports on the I/O panel, but MSI makes more available to the front panel via two dual-port headers. The second header is adjacent to the upper SATA ports and faces forward to slip its cable connector under the end of a long graphics card.
    A pair of CPU fan headers are found in front and behind the upper DIMM latches and controlled as a pair. MSI also includes a rear fan header forward of the I/O panel audio jacks, a front-panel fan header above the main power connector, and a bottom fan connector next to the bottom-rear-corner jack for front-panel audio cables. That audio header appears to be the most concerning placement from a builder's perspective, though most cases now have extra-long cables to reach that position.
    Toda a review:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...oard,4493.html
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard Review

Introduction

Intel's decision to remove Xeon support from the main 100 series chipset models (Z, H, B, Q) has led to two new chipsets, C232 and C236. When I examine the available C232 and C236 chipset motherboards that support Skylake E3-1200v5 Xeons, I see two general sets of products. Intel's steadfast dedication to focusing on gamers has led to motherboards with workstation chipsets mixed with gaming features. On the other side of the aisle are motherboards designed for workstations meant for business, these products carry a higher price tag and less flashy features.

Today I will examine one of GIGABYTE's new workstation motherboards. GIGABYTE is using a unique naming convention for C232 and C236 chipset motherboards. The C232 chipset boards are X150 series, and C236 are X170. The X150M-Plus WS is a basic micro-ATX C232 chipset motherboard. First impressions lead me to believe this model is for gamers who want a basic micro-ATX motherboard. It has LEDs on the underside of the audio section and its PCB, slots, and heat sink follow a desert camouflage color theme.

However, first impressions are not everything, and this review will look at the board from many angles. While enthusiasts are all about getting more for their money, simplicity is also highly desirable for novice buyers and business users, so I will be looking at this motherboard from multiple angles.

Specifications

The X150M-Plus WS has a basic feature set, which leads me to believe it is designed for business systems where features are more limited for the sake of simplicity. The board does offer all the chipset features such as 6x USB 3.0 and 6x SATA6Gb/s, but also provides features that business users might utilize for backward compatibility.

Apart from the two USB 2.0 ports on the IO panel, there are two USB 2.0 headers on the board. Audio is limited to one output and two input jacks, there are two PS/2 ports for a keyboard and a mouse, and there are only two fan headers. There is also a full-sized TPM header and a serial port on the board.

Pricing

The X150M-Plus WS is available from many large retailers for $159.99.

Toda a review:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/764...iew/index.html

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MSI Z170A SLI PLUS Review: Redefining the Base Line at $130

Motherboard Comparison
    MSI Z170A SLI PLUS
    Socket LGA1151 LGA1151
    MSRP at Review $130 $230
    DRAM 4 x DDR4 4 x DDR4
    PCIe Layout x8/x8 x8/x8
    BIOS Version Tested 1.4 142
    MCT Enabled Automatically? No Yes
    USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) ASMedia ASM1142
    1 x Type-C
    ASMedia ASM1142
    1 x Type-A
    1 x Type-C
    M.2 Slots 1 x PCIe 3.0 x4 2 x PCIe 3.0 x4
    U.2 Ports No No
    Network Controller 1 x Intel 219-V 1 x Killer E2400
    Audio Controller Realtek ALC1150 Realtek ALC1150
    HDMI 2.0 No No

MSI’s motherboard range seems to expand every generation. Alongside the channel range, there’s the MSI Gaming, micro-ATX gaming, OC Certified, Krait, ECO, SLI PLUS, PC Mate and some I probably can’t think of. Each set can have a chipset mix, depending on their target market. The SLI PLUS line is relatively new, with the Z170A SLI PLUS in his review being the latest model. The goal of the SLI PLUS is form, function and application at a low price, with a few future-proof features and enough hardware for most PC enthusiasts systems. They seem to sell well, so we got a sample in to see the fuss. Two word verdict: pleasantly surprised. Read on to see why.
    Other AnandTech Reviews for Intel’s 6th Generation CPUs and 100-Series Motherboards

Skylake-K Review: Core i7-6700K and Core i5-6600K - CPU Review
    Comparison between the i7-6700K and i7-2600K in Bench - CPU Comparison
    Overclocking Performance Mini-Test to 4.8 GHz - Overclocking
    Skylake Architecture Analysis - Microarchitecture
    Z170 Chipset Analysis and 55+ Motherboards - Motherboard Overview
    Discrete Graphics: An Update for Z170 Motherboards - PCIe Firmware Update
    Price Check: Intel Skylake i7-6700K and i5-6600K - Latest Skylake Price Check (3/29)
    100-Series Motherboard Reviews:
    Prices Correct at time of each review

($500) The GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming G1 Review
    ($500) The ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme Review
    ($250) The ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Review
    ($240) The ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ Review
    ($230) The MSI Z170 Gaming M7 Review
    ($208) The GIGABYTE Z170-UD5 TH Review
    ($165) The ASUS Z170-A Review
    ($130) The MSI Z170A SLI PLUS Review (this review)
    ($125) The Supermicro C7H170-M Review
    To read specifically about the Z170 chip/platform and the specifications therein, our deep dive into what it is can be found at this link.
    MSI Z170A SLI PLUS Overview

At $130 only a few overclocking class motherboards sit in this area. It marks the cross over for ATX motherboards between the high cost H series chipset motherboards (ones with special features or extra controllers such as dual network plus WiFi) and base cost Z series models, just because a motherboard that can support SLI and overclock needs to be engineered to cope with at least a 10-20% increase in frequency and 75W to each GPU. This means more efficient power delivery, more reliability, tweaking and tuning to ensure stability, a BIOS and software package with more options and the ability to use as many of the PCIe lanes from the chipset as possible. Nonetheless, the Z series motherboards nearer $100 tend to be a cost-down implementation.
    The SLI PLUS comes into this market in a serious way. It comes in as one of the cheapest ways to implement SLI in the Skylake platform via the x8/x8 PCIe separation, but in many ways it also marks several years of movement from MSI to build a brand and improve the aesthetic. The MSI Z170A SLI PLUS does not look like a $130 motherboard on a first look, due to the coating used to cover up obvious trace lines but also the color consistency between black and dark grey used on the heatsinks, slots and ports. It marks in impressive change at just how regulated an aesthetic can get despite the low price, a feature normally reserved for more expensive motherboards.
    For features, aside from support for 2-way SLI and PCIe guard plates to protect from large graphics cards, the motherboard gives both a USB 3.1 Type-C port on the back (provided by ASMedia’s ASM1142 controller) and a fully capable PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 slot up to 2280 without compromising the utility of other features. The latter comes via four of the 20 PCI lanes on the chipset, one of the benefits of the 100-series chipset over previous generations. Normally in 2016 just saying a motherboard has M.2 x4 and 3.1-C is par for the course and we expect to see that on almost all of the ones that we review, but it might not be expected on a $130 product. The motherboard also uses the standard high-end audio codec (Realtek ALC1150) and network controller (Intel I219-V) that we see on $350+ motherboards, both of which are usually easy cost-down areas in cheaper products. The audio codec is improved in some of the same ways as the more expensive motherboards (PCB separation, filter caps) and it still performs very well.
    For our performance metrics, the SLI PLUS doesn’t implement MultiCore Turbo by default so it falls into the second half of the table for CPU performance, but an overclock is just a click away in either the BIOS or software. But the power consumption is one of the lowest we’ve seen due to the de-complication of the design, and the POST times are in the better half of the table for the same reason. DPC Latency has been fairly dichotomous on Z170, both good and bad, but the SLI PLUS is on the good side of the split.
    The BIOS and Software combination from MSI works very well. MSI is using their latest BIOS design from the high-cost motherboards at this price point, having developed a new ‘easy mode’ entry screen for Skylake last year. The software package has some minor flaws (such as voltage selection) but on the whole is easy to use and MSI’s Live Update package still shines through as a top solution from any motherboard manufacturer.
    Every time we get a new motherboard in for review, my first task is to take it out of the box and have a very good look around to determine the features, controllers and layout before I look at specification sheets. The goal here is to determine how much is immediately obvious, but also to see which market it is aimed for and the feeling of what price might be paid. The MSI Z170A SLI PLUS has a solid base feature set, with a few extras over the specifications, and the presentation/layout gave the impression of a very streamlined design. When I checked the MSRP, I went too high and MSI found a really nice price point for a board breezed through our testing.

MSI Z170A SLI PLUS
    On amazon

Quick Links to Other Pages

Board Features, In The Box
    Visual Inspection and Test Setup
    BIOS
    Software
    System Performance (Audio, USB, Power, POST Times on Windows 7, Latency)
    CPU Performance, Short Form (Office Tests and Transcoding)
    Gaming Performance 2015 (R7 240, GTX 770, GTX 980)
    Conclusions
    Quick Board Feature Comparison

MSI Z170A SLI PLUS Overclocking

Experience with MSI Z170A SLI PLUS

Automatic overclocking options from MSI have changed a little bit of the past couple of years, with the OC Genie name moving from a small single automatic overclock selection several generations ago moving to a progressive overclock dial for the high end models this generation. The Z170A SLI PLUS goes back to that single overclock selection, despite the fact that the progressive overclock could have been implemented software only. The single point overclock this time is a bit more aggressive than previous generations, but not overly so: whereas before we would get 3-5% frequency jumps, here there is a 10% jump with the i7-6700K moving from 4.0 GHz to 4.4 GHz on all cores. However, MSI as conservative on voltage and this overclocked failed our stress testing.
    For manual overclocking, given the price segment and hardware on board, we weren’t expecting the best OC performance and the end result was still a good mark in the send.
    Methodology

Our standard overclocking methodology is as follows. We select the automatic overclock options and test for stability with PovRay and OCCT to simulate high-end workloads. These stability tests aim to catch any immediate causes for memory or CPU errors.
    For manual overclocks, based on the information gathered from previous testing, starts off at a nominal voltage and CPU multiplier, and the multiplier is increased until the stability tests are failed. The CPU voltage is increased gradually until the stability tests are passed, and the process repeated until the motherboard reduces the multiplier automatically (due to safety protocol) or the CPU temperature reaches a stupidly high level (100ºC+). Our test bed is not in a case, which should push overclocks higher with fresher (cooler) air.
    Overclock Results

Toda a review:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/10236/...li-plus-review

Master Business & GPU Man Avatar de Enzo
    Registo
    Jan 2015
    Local
    País Campeão Euro 2016
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    41 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de Jorge-Vieira Ver Post
    GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard Review

Toda a review:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/764...iew/index.html
    Todo o poder skylake, agora em formato mini. E WS. Com um grande preço a condizer.
    Ideias sem Nexo e Provas do Tráfico de Hardware
    "que personifica o destino, equilíbrio e vingança divina." Dejá vú. Que cena!

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ASRock Z170M OC Formula the Only Motherboard to Support G.Skill DDR4-4333 Memory

G.SKILL has released its Trident Z DDR4 4333MHz memory modules which are meant to operate at a brain melting 4333MHz frequency, however they are not destined to be wielded by just any mortal, currently only ASRock's overclocking oriented motherboard - Z170M OC Formula has what it takes to support these memory DIMMs.
    Frank, marketing manager from G.SKILL further illustrated, "G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4 4333MHz memory kit is specifically designed for extreme overclocking on the latest ASRock Z170M OC Formula motherboard and 6th Gen Intel Core Processors. Using only specially selected performance components, it is the speediest DDR4 memory kit on the market today that pushes the Z170 platform to its extreme limits."
    ASRock Z170M OC Formula might be an mATX sized Skylake motherboard, yet the compact PCB layout possesses a lot more computing power than your average build. Designed by the enigmatic overclocker Nick Shih, it features a server grade ten layer PCB design that results in interference-less signals, which is especially beneficial for memory signals. Overclockers who are dead serious about breaking limits may find ASRock Z170M OC Formula on Newegg.

Noticia:
    http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asr...33-memory.html

Master Business & GPU Man Avatar de Enzo
    Registo
    Jan 2015
    Local
    País Campeão Euro 2016
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    41 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    E tinham dito que esse design era para a Asus. Bem, 4333mhz de clock, é fixe mas...dual channel? Falta saber o que essa board é capaz de fazer ao cpu.
    Ideias sem Nexo e Provas do Tráfico de Hardware
    "que personifica o destino, equilíbrio e vingança divina." Dejá vú. Que cena!

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BIOSTAR Announces Dual BIOS Feature on Racing Series Motherboards

BIOSTAR Announces Dual BIOS Feature on Racing Series Motherboards
    Maximum system protection and convenience for enthusiasts

April 15th, 2016, Taipei, Taiwan – BIOSTAR is proud to announce that all BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboards are designed with utmost protection in mind with the new BIOSTAR DUAL BIOS feature. There’s numerous advantage to having multiple BIOS in a motherboard and BIOSTAR has carefully crafted the DUAL BIOS feature to meet the needs of enthusiasts and power users as well as everyday users.
    DUAL PROTECTION with Two BIOS Chips

With two physical BIOS chips, BIOSTAR motherboards allow two independent BIOS ROMs to be booted from. This provides a safety feature as well as a convenient tool for overclockers who might encounter system stability issues during system tweaking as well as troubleshooting possible issues caused by corrupted ROMs or a hardware failure. BIOS viruses that may attack the ROM are also mitigated as one can fall back to the secondary BIOS for system recovery. Users may run different versions of BIOS ROMs independently for maximum compatibility.
    How to Use Dual BIOS?
    To use Dual BIOS, select the desired ROM (ROM1/ROM2) via the onboard switch and power on the system. Be sure to note the active BIOS when you want to flash an update or reflash the existing version.

1. The Dual BIOS allows you to choose one of the BIOS ROMs (ROM1/ROM2) for booting up.
    2. If you want to flash BIOS ROM, please make sure the Dual BIOS switch is set to the BIOS ROM which you want to update.
    3. The failed BIOS can be updated by using BIOSTAR BIOS Flasher or BIOSTAR BIOS Update Utility.

ATTENTION:
    Do not use the Dual BIOS switch during a BIOS update since it will result to the corruption of BIOS ROMs.
    Manual BIOS Switch

BIOSTAR RACING motherboards feature a manual BIOS switch to toggling between ROMs. The decision to go with a manual switch is to limit the possibility of corrupting the secondary BIOS with an automatic design. Other motherboards who utilize a dual-BIOS design utilize an automatic switching method which could potentially cause further issue when a corrupted BIOS or virus is automatically copied over to the backup BIOS. BIOSTAR’s manual switch design for its Dual BIOS implementation limits this issue by allowing each ROM to operate independently of each other.
    Only in BIOSTAR RACING Series
    The Dual BIOS technology can be found in BIOSTAR Racing series motherboards including the BIOSTAR RACING Z170GT7, RACING B150GT5 and RACING H170GT3. See the following list for specifications:
    BIOSTAR RACING Z170GT7

Model RACING Z170GT7
    CPU LGA 1151Processor
    Power 9phase
    Chipset Z170
    Solid cap 100% Solid
    Memory 4xDIMM, support DDR4-3200
    Expansion Slot 4 x PCI-E x16 3.0
    3 x PCI-E x1 3.0
    1 x M.2 32Gb/s(42/60/80mm)
    Audio 7.1ch Blu-ray Audio w/ Double Hi-Fi
    LAN Intel i219V
    Storage 3 x SATA Express 16Gb/s
    Video DVI-D, 2 x HDMI, VGA
    USB 3.1 / 3.0 / 2.0 1USB 3.1 (TYPE C )
    7USB3.0 (2+5)
    4USB 2.0 (4+0)
    Feature Vivid LED DJ/ Smart Ear/
    BIO-Remote2 / BIOS Online Update

BIOSTAR RACING B150GT5

Model RACINGB150GT5
    CPU LGA 1151Processor
    Power 7phase
    Chipset B150
    Solid cap 100% Solid
    3 x PCI-E x1 3.0
    LAN Intel i219V
    Storage 4 x SATA 6Gb/s
    1 x SATA Express 16Gb/s
    Video DVI-D, 2 x HDMI, VGA
    USB 3.0 / 2.0 6USB3.0 (2+4)
    6USB 2.0 (4+2)
    BIO-Remote/ BIOS Online Update

BIOSTAR RACING H170GT3

Model RACING H170GT3
    CPU LGA 1151Processor
    Power 7phase
    Chipset Z170
    Solid cap 100% Solid
    3 x PCI-E x1 3.0
    LAN Intel i219V
    Storage 2x SATA 6Gb/s
    1 x SATA Express 16Gb/s
    Video DVI-D , 2*HDMI
    USB 3.0 / 2.0 8USB3.0 (4+4)
    4USB 2.0 (2+2)
    BIO-Remote2 / BIOS Online Update

Read more about BIOSTAR Dual BIOS at: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/eve...bios/index.htm
    Buy BIOSTAR RACING series at: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138421
    For latest updates and giveaways, like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BiostarHQ
    Noticia:
    http://www.hitechlegion.com/news-pre...s-motherboards

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ASRock E3V5 WS (Intel C232) Super Alloy Motherboard Review

Introduction, Specifications, and Packaging

Today’s motherboard review lands right in the middle of everything. Not because it’s all over the place, but because it has a lot of usage scenarios and support for pretty much any setup. You could use ASRock’s E5V5 WS motherboard in a gaming system as well as in a server setup as both of those setups are fully supported, but its real area of operation is to act as the base for a powerful workstation.
    The ASRock E5V5 WS uses an LGA 1151 socket and the board is compatible with both E3-1200 v5 processors such as the one I’ll be using later on in this review, but it also supports normal 6th Generation Intel Core processors – so basically the entire Skylake and Skylake-S line-up. As backbone behind the CPU that you end up using is the Intel C232 chipset that is perfectly tuned for workstation environments and a motherboard like this. Memory wise you can use normal DDR4 DIMMs as well as ECC UDIMM memory modules with a speed of up to 2133 MHz in the four DIMM slots with 15μ gold contacts for a total of up to 64GB RAM.

The gold contacts in the memory slots aren’t the only quality feature in this motherboard. The E3V5 WS motherboard is part of ASRock’s Super Alloy series and comes with premium 50A power chokes and is made of a high-density glass fabric PCB. It also features ASRock’s full spike protection that protects from sudden surges, lightning, and electrostatic discharges (ESD).
    The network connection isn’t controlled by the average low-performance controller either and we find an Intel PHY i219LM controller on this motherboard. The Gigabit Ethernet controller supports Wake-On-LAN, supports 802.3az energy efficient ethernet and PXE. The Ethernet controller is one of the parts that is protected by the Full Spike Protection. The second part with protection is the USB. The ASRock E35 WS features two USB 2.0 ports and four USB 3.0 ports on the rear panel and you can connect another four USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports via headers. All of these are protected by the ASRock Full Spike Protection. The audio is also protected by this and we find a 7.1 channel HD Audio controller, the Realtek ALC892. It features Blu-ray audio support and uses ELNA solid audio capacitors. Last but not least, you also find legacy PS2 connectors for both your mouse and keyboard.

Internally we find good expansion options too. Since we are dealing with an Intel-based motherboard, we also get IRST for RAID setups across the six SATA3 6 Gb/s connectors. Supported modes include the normal RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 modes.
    There are two PCIe Gen3 x16 slots that support both Nvidia Quadro and AMD FirePro workstation graphics cards as well as consumer graphics cards. There is also full support for the use of AMD’s CrossfireX technology for multiple graphics card usage. As I mentioned earlier, you can make a great workstation with this motherboard. There are three more PCIe Gen3 x1 slots available for further expansion and neither of them will be blocked by the use of two-slot graphics cards. Even with a CrossfireX setup, you’ll still have access to the three x1 slots.

Quality hardware and components are just one side of the story, we also need a good BIOS and proper software to have the best experinece. The E3V5 WS comes with both of those features too. The UEFI BIOS has the easy EZ mode dashboard besides the advanced setup pages, which contains multiple readings of the system’s current status. You can check the most crucial information of your system, such as CPU speed, DRAM frequency, SATA information, fan speed, etc.
    Even better, you can reach the tech support purely from the systems BIOS, as long as the system has an internet connection. You can also install LAN drivers onto your windows installation directly from the BIOS.
    The ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard) technology allows you to establish an internet curfew or restrict internet access at specified times for your kids. Stay in control of their surfing times without yelling. This probably isn’t the most used function in a workstation system, but it could be used to shut down any connection attempts outside of office hours. Another useful feature is the USB Key function that can replace the password question when you log into windows. Do it by plugging a USB drive in instead.

The well-known ASRock XFast RAM and XFast LAN are also built into this motherboard. The XFast RAM feature allows you to fully utilize the memory space that otherwise can’t be accessed in 32-bit systems, among others. XFast LAN is a quality of service protocol that prioritizes the important traffic so you don’t have to wait for loading times. ASRock Live Update and APP Shop also help to make the maintenance easier.
    Specifications
    The specifications are taken directly from the manufacturers product page and can as such be subject to changes in future revisions of the product.

Key Features:

• ASRock Super Alloy
    • Server-Grade LAN chip support
    • Supports the Intel Xeon E3-1200 v5 Processor & 6th Generation Intel Core Processors (Socket 1151)
    • Supports DDR4 2133 & ECC UDIMM memory modules
    • 2 PCIe 3.0 x16 and 3 PCIe 3.0 x1
    • Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX
    • 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps
    • 6 SATA3 and 6 USB 3.0 (2 Front, 4 Rear)
    • Supports Full Spike Protection, ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
    • Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, 8.1 64-bit, 7 32-bit, 7 64-bit, Server 2012 R2 64-bit, Server 2012 64-bit, and Server 2008 R2 64-bit support

Packaging and Accessories
    A quality motherboard also deserves a great look package, and the E3V5 WS got that. The front makes no secret about the boards power.

On the rear of the box, you will find a detailed photo of the motherboard itself as well as feature highlights and specifications.

Inside the box is a user manual, a driver disk, two SATA cables, and an IO shield besides the motherboard itself.

Toda a review:
    http://www.eteknix.com/asrock-e3v5-w...rboard-review/

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSI Mounts USB Type-C On Its New B150 Artillery

MSI announced new revisions of its B150M Mortar and B150M Bazooka motherboards, which will be sold as the “B150M Morar Arctic” and “B150 Bazooka Plus,” respectively. These boards feature a number of changes that MSI claimed “improves” them, such as USB Type-C, but overall they are really more of a sidestep to their predecessors. B150M Mortar Arctic

Compared to the B150M Mortar, the most obvious change in the Arctic version is that it uses a white PCB and slightly altered heatsinks. The board also has a USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) Type-C port, which the B150 Mortar lacked.

If you have been hoping to see more white-PCB motherboards show up on the market, you are probably excited to see this one, but you may not want to go out and buy one just yet. Looking closer at the board, you can see that MSI removed a few capacitors near the power delivery system, the audio codec and other places around the board. That may seem unimportant, but this reduction in the number of capacitors may negatively impact the power system and reduce the audio clarity. MSI employs its Gaming Audio software on the B150 Mortar Arctic, which might help make up for the reduction of capacitor slightly.
    Report this Advertisement

Compared to the B150M Mortar, the B150M Mortar Arctic also loses the VGA port, a PCI-E x1 slot, two SATA-III (6 Gbps) ports and a SATA controller, as well.
    Realistically, these changes may not matter for many users, as it is common to have extra PCI-E ports and onboard VGA ports, and audio codecs often go unused in favor of alternative solutions such as HDMI. Still, users should be aware of these changes before choosing between the two boards.
    B150M Bazooka Plus

The Bazooka Plus fares better than the B150M Mortar Arctic, as it carries a greater number of improvements over its predecessor. This board gets a steel-reinforced PCI-E x16 slot, a new M.2 slot, a USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C port, and a heatsink for its power delivery system.

Compared to the B150 Bazooka, the only thing that the B150 Bazooka Plus loses are two SATA-III (6 Gbps) ports and the controller connected to them. This is a minor loss, as there are still six SATA-III ports from the chipset, but users that require additional SATA ports may want to avoid this one. There is currently no word on pricing or availability for either board. As these are revisions of existing boards, they will likely be priced similarly to the current boards, but we can’t be sure. The B150M Mortar currently sells for $89.99 on Newegg, and the B150M Bazooka goes for $64.99.
    MSI B150M Mortar And Bazooka Motherboards
    Motherboard B150M Mortar B150M Mortar Arctic B150M Bazooka B150M Bazooka Plus
    Rear I/O USB 4 x USB 3.0
    2 x USB 2.0
    USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) Type-C
    3 x USB 3.0
    2 x USB 2.0
    4 x USB 3.0
    2 x USB 2.0
    USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) Type-C
    3 x USB 3.0
    2 x USB 2.0
    PCI-E Slots 2 x PCi-E x16
    2 x PCI-E x1
    2 x PCI-E x16
    PCI-E X1
    PCi-E x16
    2 x PCI-E x1
    PCi-E x16
    2 x PCI-E x1
    Steel Reinforced PCI-E x16 Yes (Primary Slot Only) Yes (Primary Slot Only) No Yes (Primary Slot Only)
    RAM Slots 4 x DDR4 2133 MHz 4 x DDR4 4 x DDR4 2133 MHz 4 x DDR4
    SATA-III Ports 8 6 8 6
    M.2 Key M Yes Yes No Yes
    PCB Color Black White Black Black
    Noticia:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi...tic,32154.html

Tech Bencher Avatar de reiszink
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isto está mesmo a bater no fundo, quase 300€ de board para swag e luzinhas, porque a qualidade cada vez mais começa a ficar em casa!

Intel i7 5820K - ASRock X99M Killer - 16GB G.Skill DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 - Plextor M6e 256GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - Corsair H110 - EVGA G3 750W - Acer 27" 144Hz IPS - Zowie EC2-A - Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - HyperX Cloud II Pro

Página 25 de 25 PrimeiroPrimeiro ... 15232425

Informação da Thread