Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alan Wake

Alan Wake Might Be Coming to Xbox One, Sequel Could Make it to PS4

Talks are already under way between Microsoft and Remedy Entertainment to bring Alan Wake to the Xbox One, Sam Lake, Remedy’s chief creative officer told Polygon.
    “I would love that to happen,” Lake said. “Nothing has happened yet, but we are discussing this possibility with Microsoft.
    “I hope it happens, we’ll see.”
    Lake also mentioned that if Alan Wake was to make it to the Xbox One, all of the DLC would make it as well, but he added that there is no possibility of the game making it to other platforms.
    Earlier this week Remedy released a video of the 2010 prototype to Polygon, which was used to pitch Alan Wake 2 to a number of publishers. The game never happened but Sam Lake mentioned that once Quantum Break wraps up, Remedy would love to return to Alan Wake for a sequel.

If Microsoft doesn’t pick up the sequel for the Xbox One, there are different opportunities available today.
    “Ultimately, these things are business decisions,” Lake said.

“We are definitely not ruling anything out and looking at different opportunities, but nothing is set in stone at the moment.”

An Alan Wake sequel could make it to a whole different platform that did not have the original game.
    “When it comes to sequels it’s our thing, we can do whatever makes sense and what’s best for the franchise overall,”Lake said.
    “But obviously it depends on many different things. I think that regardless of the platform, a good sequel — while it continues the story of the original one — it’s still something that someone who hasn’t played the original one can enjoy and jump on board and dive into the setting and the world and enjoy themselves.
    “It’s not like a potential sequel of Alan Wake would be only something that someone who has already played everything in the Alan Wake franchise can enjoy.”
    As a big fan of the original Alan Wake, I have to admit that I would love a sequel. Quantum Break’s delay to 2016, was a bit disappointing, but should prove beneficial to the game’s development. Remedy is an incredibly competent developer, and Quantum Break certainly looks as one of the most promising titles in the Xbox One exclusive line up.
    Lets hope that when the game wraps ups, there is some serious consideration for and Alan Wake sequel, and that a big publisher gets behind the project. Quantum Break is expected to release in 2016 exclusively on the Xbox One. We will bring you any new information on Alan Wake projects as well as Quantum Break, as soon as it becomes available.

Noticia:
    http://wccftech.com/alan-wake-coming-xbox-sequel-ps4/
    Última edição de Winjer : 18-06-21 às 10:42
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan Wake Loading Times Are Shortened On Xbox One, Performance Details Revealed

Yesterday, it’s been confirmed that Alan Wake, the excellent game developed by Remedy Entertainment released a while back on PC and Xbox 360, is now playable on Xbox One through the Backward Compatibility feature alongside a couple more titles. Today, some new details on how the game actually runs on Xbox One have been revealed.

A new comparison video put together by YouTube user Uncle Jessy has revealed how loading times are shortened by quite a bit on Xbox One, something that should make the experience more enjoyable. You can check out the comparison video below.

Advertisements

The game’s performance has yet to be fully analyzed, but reports from reddit users seem to confirm that Alan Wake doesn’t suffer from any major issue when played on Xbox One, with only a few frame rate drops during some cutscenes. Gameplay, apparently, works smoothly with very little issues for some users, but others have noted drops during some sequences.
    While another Alan Wake game has yet to be confirmed, the series is still making a comeback very soon. Earlier this month, an Alan Wake Returns trademark has been filed in Europe for use with games software, toys and production of television features, among other things. The trademark was filed for a video series that will appear in Quantum Break, the team’s next game coming soon on PC and Xbox One.
    Even though Alan Wake is returning in some form, it seems like it’s going to be a while before another entry of the series is released. A little while back, Remedy’s Sam Lake stated that the team is exploring the possibilities and concepting different things about a possible new entry of the series, but lots needs to click into place for it to happen.
    Alan Wake is now playable on Xbox One through Backward Compatibility. The game is also available for purchase on Xbox One and PC.

http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mais um leak da base de dados da Epic, desta vez a mostrar o Remaster do Alan Wake
    Será de esperar um exclusivo de um ano, estando na Epic Store.

https://database.egdata.app/item/e6c...32929adfab9d2/

Ryzen R5 3700X / Noctua NH-D15 / B550 AORUS ELITE V2 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / Seasonic Focus GX 750W / Sabrent Q Rocket 2 TB / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb / Edifier R1700BT

Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    É oficial, vem aí o remaster do Alan Wake.

Announcing Alan Wake Remastered: An Open Letter from Sam Lake

I’m beyond happy to tell you that at the time of writing this, Alan Wake Remastered is nearing its completion. Confirmed, announced, coming up in partnership with Epic Games Publishing. Multiplatform. PC on the Epic Games Store, Xbox, and for the first time ever, PlayStation, this generation and the previous one.

This is for you. Alan Wake came out over 11 years ago, and through that time, you have told us again and again how much you love the game, the story, the characters, and the lore. And that matters a lot to us. We love this game as well. I love this game. The remaster is coming because of your support for Alan Wake through the years. That is why we felt it was fitting to make this announcement here, at The Sudden Stop, which has been an integral part of the Remedy community since back in 2012, when it started out as an Alan Wake fansite. The Remedy community wouldn't be what it is today without The Sudden Stop, and we wanted to show our gratitude by telling you about Alan Wake Remastered right here. So thank you, Rachel, and everyone else, for supporting Remedy and our games through all these years.

Early on in the game Alan Wake says, “In a horror story the victim keeps asking why – but there can be no explanation, and there shouldn’t be one, the unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it’s what we remember in the end.” This is an idea close to my heart. Stories that make me think excite me, stories where everything is not freely handed out to me or wrapped up neatly, where I am left with a mystery. Mysteries are magical to me, they hold a promise, and I am often happier with that than a final answer. This is what we as a team, and I as the lead writer of Alan Wake, set out to create for you a long time ago.

This story and character were personal in many ways. Alan Wake, being a writer himself, gave me an opportunity to use what I do and love as a writer as an element in the story. Alan Wake also contained the mystery of forests and lakes, which are precious to me as a Finn. And, instead of a focused one-note horror fare, it was this strange, even wasteful mix of horror, humor and supernatural mystery. I also love it because it turned out to be a very hard game to make, with many struggles along the way, and that makes me even prouder of what we achieved.

The original game was only available for Xbox 360 and a few years later, PC. We are thrilled about the opportunity to bring the remastered version out for a new generation of platforms. I am excited to hear what you think about Alan Wake.

Alan Wake Remastered is the original experience you fell in love with all those years ago. We did not want to change that. But the visuals all around, including the character model of Alan Wake himself and the cinematics, have been updated and improved with some choice next-generation upgrades.

Alan Wake Remastered will launch this fall. Stay tuned for more information soon.

This is for you. I hope you enjoy it, either again, like meeting an old friend, or for the first time.

Yours,

Sam Lake, Creative Director, Remedy Entertainment
    Ryzen R5 3700X / Noctua NH-D15 / B550 AORUS ELITE V2 / Cooler Master H500 Mesh / 16Gb DDR4 @ 3800mhz CL16 / Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super / Seasonic Focus GX 750W / Sabrent Q Rocket 2 TB / Crucial MX300 500Gb + Samsung 250Evo 500Gb / Edifier R1700BT

Informação da Thread