Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

System Shock 3

System Shock 3 Teased By Otherside Entertainment

If a recent tease from developer ‘Otherside Entertainment’ is to be believed, System Shock 3 is happening.

The developer focused on rebooting classic game franchises, launched a teaser site which was counting down to a specific time. The teaser site only mentioned the first letter ‘S’ of the now teased title.

The teaser website (which is still online) can be checked out here.The follow up of the tease was discovered however by LESS T_T of the RPGCodex. Neogaf user Hemtuae decided to put it up on the GAF forums.
    System Shock 3 Teased

Advertisements

If the ‘tease’ is legit, were finally looking at a sequel to one of the most influential shooters. In fact, the recent Bioshock games are considered spiritual successors to System Shock and System Shock 2. Through the teaser website, fans can now sign up for promotions and updates.
    Developer Otherside Entertainment “is a brand new game studio focused on rebooting classic game franchises”, according the developers website.
    For our first title we’re bringing back the classic Ultima™ Underworld franchise, which we’re calling Underworld Ascendant™. Our team include some of the folks who created the original franchise. When we made the original we looked to redefine the fantasy RPG genre. With the reboot we’re going right back to innovating, and our goal is to make the franchise more vital than ever
    –Paul Neurath, Founder
    Earlier this month we already posted that developer Night Dive is working on a remake of the original System Shock. The developer recently acquired the rights for the game, and Night Dive’s founder Stephen Kick is now working with the game’s original concept artist, to reimagine the original 1990’s designs.
    The remake is to be a full remake, going well beyond the the enhanced version of the game that was released some months ago. According Kick, console versions are planned as well.

Noticia:
    http://wccftech.com/system-shock-3-o...entertainment/
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    System Shock 3 Officially Confirmed

System Shock 3 has been officially confirmed, following teases for the title last week.

The sequel to System Shock 2 will be developed by Otherside Entertainment, but the website for System Shock 3 also mentions Night Dive Studios. Night Dive recently acquired the full rights to the System Shock franchise, and is currently working on a full remake to the original System Shock.
    In a recent interview with Fastcompany, Night Dive pointed out that they are working with the System Shock’s original concept artist, to reimagine the original 1990’s designs.
    “Seeing the difference between his artistic abilities back then compared to now, and his ability to reinterpret those ideas, it’s just been really exciting for us,” Kick says. According to Kick, part of the plan is to release a console version as well, and this would be a first for the studio. Kick even teased a possible System Shock 3, but the developer would need a bigger publisher to accomplish this.
    System Shock 3 revealed with SHODAN

System Shock 3 was teased a week ago, when Otherside Entertainment put up a teaser countdown for the game. The follow-up on that tease was quickly discovered to be System Shock 3. The website now shows the game’s full title, and an artistic render of the System Shock series’ antagonistic artificial intelligence, SHODAN. On Twitter, developer Otherside confirmed the game as well.

OtherSide @OtherSide_Games
    It's official. Look. Listen. Sign up for updates on System Shock 3. http://othersidetease.com

Also featured on the website is an audiostream. When played, visitors will hear the following sentence: “Did you think I’d forgotten you, insect?”
    As noted last week, there’s also a subscription link available, which leads to a survey page asking for your preferred platform and interest in VR.
    Please answer a few quick questions to help us better understand what our fans are seeking. As a token of our appreciation, sixteen respondents — one for every year since System Shock 2 was released — will be chosen at random to win a limited edition SHODAN print by series concept artist Robb Waters.
    We’ll update when we learn more on System Shock 3.

Noticia:
    http://wccftech.com/system-shock-3-confirmed/
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    System Shock 3 Now In The Very Beginning Of Concept Development,Won’t Be In Production For Some Time

A couple of weeks ago, we had the unexpected surprise of System Shock 3 being announced. Night Dive Studios recently acquired the rights to this legendary franchise’s trademark and is now in the process of remaking the first System Shock.
    However, they are partnering with Otherside Entertainment (which had previously secured rights to all future versions of the franchise) in order to develop the brand new System Shock 3. Without too much fanfare, amidst a blog post on the official website of Underworld Ascendant, Otherside provided some additional information on what’s going on behind the scenes right now.
    Like all holiday seasons, it’s great when old friends comes by for a visit… even if they’re megalomaniacal AIs.
    Yep! In case you missed it, we’re excited to announce System Shock 3.
    Advertisements

If you swing over to the SS3 teaser site, you can hear voice actress Terri Brosius (System Shock 1 & 2, Dishonored) reprise her role as the voice of SHODAN and see an early peek at the evolving ‘next generation’ look of the character by concept artist Robb Waters.
    System Shock 3 is currently in the very beginning stages of concept development and we won’t be digging fully into game production for some time. Our studio focus today remains squarely on Underworld Ascendant. But we thought it’d be fun for our Underworld Ascendant fans — many of whom are fans of the System Shock series as well — to get a peek at what will be coming down the road.
    System Shock fans will have to wait at least a couple more years, then, as Otherside Entertainment is already busy. Underworld Ascendant had a very successful Kickstarter last February, raising over $860K; pledging is still possible on the official website (via PayPal) and the total crowdfunding amount is now at $915K, approaching yet another stretch goal.
    A combat prototype (which looked very promising in this video) is already available to backers, with the game tentatively set for release in November. With talented and experienced ex-Looking Glass developers like Paul Neurath, Nate Wells and Robb Waters, things are looking up for both System Shock 3 and Underworld Ascendant.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original Deus Ex Designer Warren Spector Working On System Shock 3 At Otherside Entertainment

Legendary game designer, Warren Spector, has joined Otherside Entertainment as Studio Director to work on the upcoming System Shock 3.

Spector is of course known as founder of Ion Storm, and creator of the the original Deus Ex from 2000. He also worked on games as Wing Commander, Ultima, and Thief. In 2005, Spector joined Disney to work on Epic Mickey – a steampunk Wii title. Back in 2013, the legendary designer worked with the University of Texas to create a game development program.
    At Otherside Entertainment, Spector will be working on both System Shock 3 and Underworld Ascendant. He has been involved with the studio since its founding, and worked with the studio’s founder, Peul Neurath on several titles.
    Advertisements

Spector excited to be working on System Shock 3

Talking to Gamesindustry.biz, Spector shared his enthusiasm to work on the upcoming System Shock 3.
    “I’ve loved working with students as Director of the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy in the University of Texas’ Moody College of Communication,” Spector said. “But when the opportunity to have a bigger role in bringing Underworld Ascendant to life, as well as playing in the System Shock universe once again, helping to bring these games to a 21st century audience, I just couldn’t say no. Working on System Shock was one of the most fulfilling things I’ve done in my career and it’s hard to describe how much I’m looking forward to sharing with players what SHODAN has been up to since the last game was released.”
    System Shock 3 was officially announced by Otherside back in December of 2015 when the studio put up the game’s logo on its website. Interestingly the website also mentioned Night Dive Studios, which recently acquired the full rights to the System Shock franchise, and is currently working on a full remake to the original System Shock.
    The original System Shock from 1994, has had an amazing influence on modern sci-fi shooters, it’s spiritual successor Bioshock, being one of the best examples. Back in 2007, Eurogamer called System Shock “the benchmark for intelligent first-person gaming.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spector: System Shock 3 Will Provide a Complete Experience Upfront & New Content on an Ongoing Basis

It’s been an exciting couple of months for Otherside Entertainment. The company first confirmed to be working on System Shock 3 and then, just last week, it announced the hiring of none other than Warren Spector.
    Spector, who produced the first System Shock (not to mention some other milestones such as Thief: The Dark Project and Deus Ex), will be starting a new studio branch in Austin to work specifically on System Shock 3.
    The legendary game designer had abandoned active game development in order to start a game development program at the University of Texas: the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy. Gamasutra interviewed him to understand why he came back into the gaming industry, and during the chat he also revealed some tidbits about System Shock 3.
    First of all, he made it clear that he doesn’t really like the free-to-play (F2P) business model and will stick to premium unless otherwise required by Otherside Entertainment.
    Advertisements

Again, it’s early to say. I’ve been on record as saying I don’t much care for the free-to-play model, so unless, as a strategic thing, OtherSide decides that’s the way to go, I don’t think that will happen. I probably won’t be doing free-to-play. I’m kind of a premium game guy.
    Furthermore, he added that System Shock 3 will provide a complete experience at launch with additional content such as new characters and new places to be added later. With the current debate around DLC content in the industry, it’s certainly a good starting point; then again, Spector comes from the old school of development.
    But I think you have to provide ongoing support and expansions, so I want to provide a complete experience right up front that’s worth people’s money, and then on an ongoing basis provide new content: new characters, new mechanics, new places to explore and adventures to go on. I think that’s what you’ll see coming from my studio as we work on System Shock 3.
    With Warren Spector officially coming on board, Otherside Entertainment is now for all intents and purposes Looking Glass 2.0, having already Paul Neurath, Nate Wells and Robb Waters in its roster. Their first game, the Kick-started Underworld Ascendant, is looking promising so far and should release in late 2016.

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warren Spector: ‘I Really Haven’t Seen a Whole Lot of Progress’ in Mainstream Games

Warren Spector is a video game level designer who helped pioneer the concept of non-linear gameplay and the ability to cater to different styles. The most famous example is Deus Ex which gave the player the freedom to choose between stealth tactics or a more aggressive approach. Warren Spector also produced a huge range of iconic games including Ultima VI, Wing Commander, System Shock and more! In recent years, he worked on the Epic Mickey series which received fairly poor reviews. While the first game was pretty decent, its sequel was terrible, and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. In a recent interview with Gamasutra, Spector criticized the current mainstream gaming market and explained why he was returning to develop System Shock 3:
    “I can’t believe I’m about to say this — I’ll never work in this industry again — but in the mainstream space I really haven’t seen a whole lot of progress. It seems like we’re getting more finely-tuned, prettier versions of games we’ve been playing for years.”
    “What I want to do, is I see a variety of places where we could make some strides that would help take games to the next level. The biggest one, for me, is more robust characters and character AI. We’ve gotten very good at combat AI, we’ve made great strides there, but I don’t think we’ve done much in the world of non-combat AI and interacting with people — human or otherwise. We haven’t done a lot with conversation, and establishing emotional relationships with characters in games. So I’d very much like to play with that,”
    “So I’ve done the big-budget, huge team thing, and at this point what I’d like to do is smaller, lower-budget, almost like “games as a service” model games that require somewhere between 10-20 people to make. I don’t want to get much bigger than that,”
    “I don’t want to get so far away from the game that I have to spend all my time running an enormous studio and dealing with publishers. I want to be in the thick of it, so smaller teams is part of the deal.”
    Some might argue modern games opt for sequels based on previous success due the cost of development. Although, there does seem to be a lack of innovation right now. Do you think Warren Spector has a point?
    Noticia:
    http://www.eteknix.com/warren-specto...nstream-games/

Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Novo trailer.
    O jogo parece que está no bom caminho.

Master Business & GPU Man Avatar de Enzo
    Registo
    Jan 2015
    Local
    País Campeão Euro 2016
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    41 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ena. Que boas noticias.
    Ideias sem Nexo e Provas do Tráfico de Hardware
    "que personifica o destino, equilíbrio e vingança divina." Dejá vú. Que cena!

Informação da Thread