Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giada Launches the Super-Compact i80 High-Performance PC

Giada Technology, the industry leader in embedded systems and expert in server technology, today officially announced the release of the i80 high-performance super-compact PC. The i80 embodies the core principles of Intel’s NUC (Next Unit of Computing) concept, offering great power, connectivity and adaptability, but with a tiny footprint.

Skylake CPU Technology
    Powered by a 6th generation Intel Core CPU and the Skylake-U platform, the i80 provides a balanced system that’s powerful and versatile when you need it to be, but also very compact and energy efficient.
    Dual Monitor Support and Outstanding Graphics
    Despite its diminutive size, the i80 features dual independent monitor support, at up to 4K (4096 x 2304) resolution, via the HDMI and Mini-DP sockets. There’s efficient integrated Intel HD Graphics 520 built-in to drive video and graphics.
    Dual Channel Memory Support
    Memory is expandable up to 16GB via two SO-DIMM sockets for DDR3L-1600 MHz memory modules, providing great support for today’s applications and far into the future. The dual channel capability significantly improves system and video performance. This core hardware offers great office and media benchmark performance.
    Rich Connectivity and Expandability
    Internal expansion options are wide and varied, thanks to the full-length Mini PCIe socket with mSATA II support, and an additional half-length Mini PCIe socket with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth module support. There’s an internal 2.5-inch SATA drive bay, as well as an external mSATA III connector.
    The four high speed USB 3.0 connectors mean you won’t need to add to office clutter with a USB hub, and you’re still very unlikely to run out of ports for office peripheral devices. Onboard Intel Gigabit Ethernet provides ultra-fast, stable networking, but with very low CPU utilization.

Target Applications
    The i80 system is ideal for general office, thin client and desktop virtualization applications.
    As an example, the internal sound and 2-in-1 microphone and headset connector give the Giada i80 great support for communications and call center applications. Meanwhile, the external power supply further reduces clutter, and helps prevent heat buildup, enhancing stability and durability for 24/7 operation. All common operating systems, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, and Linux are supported.
    Global market share for thin clients will surge from 30.2 percent in 2012 to 39.4 percent in 2018 according to IDC research. Innovative Giada products, like the i80, are perfectly positioned to catch this wave of adoption.
    Another useful feature is the JAHC power automation management function, including infrared remote control power on/off, auto start up when power is connected, time-scheduled power on/off, and auto system restart after crash. The i80 also supports Wake On LAN. All these features make the i80 an ideal partner for unattended operation in office and industrial scenarios.
    Giada offers a choice of two versatile CPU configurations for the i80. The i80-B5000 version of the product features the powerful Intel Core i5-6200U processor at 2.5 GHz (up to 2.8 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 enabled), while the i80-B3000 uses the lower-power 2.3 GHz Intel Core i3-6300U processor
    For more info on the Giada i80 please go to: Giada.
    Noticia:
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/2016/0...erformance-pc/
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Tech Ubër-Dominus Avatar de Jorge-Vieira
    Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intel's Skull Canyon NUC goes up for pre-order

Skull Canyon pre-orders have begun. Newegg has Intel's most powerful NUC available for its suggested price of $649.99. The Skull Canyon NUC introduces a unique elongated form factor that breaks the squarish mold of the original. This barebones unit needs DDR4 SO-DIMM memory and M.2 SSD storage to be a complete PC. Once assembled, it seems capable of pulling duty as a HTPC or light-weight gaming rig. By adding an external graphics enclosure like the Razer Core, builders can turn this PC into a high-end gaming rig, too.
    This NUC is powered by an i7-6770HQ processor, the company's first CPU with Iris Pro 580 graphics. Iris Pro 580 is the big brother to the Iris Pro 550 currently finding its way into ultrabooks. Going by Intel's Processor Graphics Gen 9 Whitepaper, Iris Pro 550 is a GT3e part (48 EUs with 64MB eDRAM) and Iris Pro 580 is a GT4e part (72 EUs paired with 128MB of eDRAM). According to notebookcheck.net, the Iris Pro 580 should perform somewhere between the discrete GPU in the Microsoft Surface Book (a GeForce 940M equivalent) and a GeForce 945M.
    Noticia:
    http://techreport.com/news/29940/int...-for-pre-order
    http://www.portugal-tech.pt/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=566&dateline=1384876765

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shuttle Introduces Four New Socket LGA1151 XPC Barebones

Shuttle makes it even easier to enter the world of Mini PCs. There is now a whole series of affordable entry-level machines for the latest Intel “Skylake” processor architecture. From the 43 mm flat version housed in a steel chassis and the popular 3-litre format through to the classic aluminium cube – there is now a suitable Mini PC for every requirement. All four machines are based on the versatile Intel H110 chipset and support a large number of processors for socket LGA1151. Thanks to the variety of chassis formats, the individual machines offer different benefits.

Details of all versions:
    XPC slim DH110
    An outstandingly robust and slim platform just 43 mm high and approved for ambient temperatures of up to 50 °C. Its steel chassis accommodates two network ports. The two serial interfaces and two monitor connections enable it to be used in almost any conceivable environment. The DH110 supports processors up to TDP 65 W and up to 32 GB DDR3L memory.
    XPC slim XH110V
    The XH110V is also compact, but with its slightly larger size it falls within the category of 3-litre PCs. Up to three drives and two M.2 expansion cards can be fitted in this machine, tailor-made for desktop use. There are also 2x LAN ports, 2x COM ports and two monitor connections. The XH110V also supports processors up to TDP 65 W and up to 32 GB DDR3L memory.
    XPC slim XH110
    Identical to the XH110V, except that it has a modified aluminium front panel and comes without the protective flaps that hide the optical drive and ports.
    XPC cube SH110R4
    In this version the classic cube format allows the installation of PCIe graphics cards, two M.2 modules, one 5.25″ drive and two 3.5″
    drives. The front panel can be customised with the user’s own design. The SH110R4 supports processors up to TDP 95 W and up to 32 GB DDR4 memory.
    “We are proud to be able to offer and also deliver this new solution in all four versions,” says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. “Everyone should be able to find a suitable solution to meet their needs, whether for office use or for particularly demanding environments.”
    Optional accessories include (depending on model) a 2.5″ HDD/SSD installation frame, 3.5″ HDD installation frame, COM port, WLAN module, 500 W power supply unit, VGA expansion kit, pedestal and VESA mount. Information on compatibility can be found in the product datasheets.
    Shuttle’s recommended retail price is 203.00 EUR for the XPC Barebone DH110, 185.00 EUR for the XPC Barebone XH110V and XH110 and 211.00 EUR for the XPC Barebone SH110R4 (all prices ex VAT). At the time of publication of this press release all the specified models are available from retailers Europe-wide.
    Noticia:
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/2016/0...xpc-barebones/

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asus releases VivoStick

At least in Japan
    Six months after showing us its Windows computer-on-a-stick, Asus is finally selling its VivoStick – at least to the Japanese.

The Asus VivoStick TS10 hits Japanese shops on 8 April there is no word when one will tip up the West – if ever. The gear is similar to the 2nd-gen Intel Compute Stick, the Asus VivoStick TS10 features 2GB of RAM, 32GB, and an Intel Atom Cherry Trail processor. Unlike the Chipzilla model it has a slightly more powerful 1.44 GHz Atom x5-Z8350 chip. It also has a mic/headphone combo jack.
    The Asus VivoStick supports 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1 and has a USB 3.0 port, a USB 2.0 port, an HDMI connector, and a power-only micro USB port.
    One useful thing is that there is VivoRemote app that lets you use you Android or iOS phone or tablet as a keyboard, mouse, or media player remote control. There’s also support for streaming movies, photos, or games from a phone to your TV using a VivoStick.
    Unfortunately what might be a good product is stuffed up by Asus’s insistence that it is packed with bloatware. There is an AV trial, several Asus apps, an Microsoft Office trail, and Adobe Acrobat Reader. When you have only 32GB worth of harddrive and windows takes up a big chunk of that you need bloatware like you need an Apple fanboy telling you how wonderful their watch is.
    It is also rather pricey. Amazon has one for 21,547 yen which is just a few dollars shy of $200.
    Noticia:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/news/noteboo...ases-vivostick

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gigabyte BRIX S BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC Kit Review

Gigabyte’s BRIX Mini PCs Get Skylake Processors

Today we have Gigabyte BRIX S Ultra Compact PC Kit in the hot seat. This isn’t the Gigabyte BRIX S BXi5H-5200 Ultra Compact PC Kit that we reviewed last year, but rather the Gigabyte BRIX S BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC Kit. This is one of the many revamped Gigabyte BRIX models that debuted at CES 2016! Gigabyte updated the exterior to have an arguably improved brushed aluminum finish and also updated the inside to include the latest Intel 6th Generation Core ‘Skylake’ processors along with M.2 PCIe SSD storage support.
    image: http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-conte...ix-645x170.jpg

Gigabyte offers a wide number of BRIX models, but you can simplify things by understanding that the new 2016 models only have three processor models to pick from: Core i3-6100U, Core i5-6200U, or Core i7-6500U. Once you figure out the processor that you want you then need to select if you want just one M.2 PCIe SSD storage slot on the board or the M.2 slot the ability to use a 2.5″ SATA III hard drive. The models that support just an M.2 storage drive are less expensive and the enclosure is just 1.4-inches in height versus the models that support both drive formats that is 1.8-inches in height. If you go shopping for a Gigabyte BRIX, the model numbers that have an ‘H’ in them are the taller models that support both drives types.
    Intel Core i3-6100U Price Intel Core i5-6200U Price Intel Core i7-6500U Price
    GB-BSi3-6100 $284.99 GB-BSi5-6200 $359.99 GB-BSi7-6500 $539.99
    GB-BSi3H-6100 $279.99 GB-BSi5H-6200 $379.99 GB-BSi7H-6500 $529.99
    One would think that pricing would be higher for the models that support two drives as it has a 2.5″ drive tray, SATA data/power cable and an enclosure with more material, but it appears that those models are usually priced below the sleeker models that offer fewer storage options. It just goes to show that companies are clearly charging a premium for going small! The model that we are looking at today is the GB-BSi7H-6500, which features the mighty Intel Core i7-6500U dual-core processor with Hyper Threading. This processor has a base clock of 2.5 GHz and with a peak turbo frequency of 3.1 GHz. The TDP on this processor is configurable between 7.5W and 25W and it appears that Gigabyte adjusted this one to operate at 15W.
    image: http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-conte...-s-645x515.jpg
    Gigabyte BRIX S GB-BSi7-6500 Ultra Compact PC Kit

This ‘PC Kit’ is more or less a barebones kit that comes with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 module pre-installed and wired up, but it lacks a storage drive of any kind, DDR3L memory kit (DRAM) and lacks the operating system. The GB-BSi7-6500 already costs $529.99, so if you had to buy the remaining components you’ll be spending well north of that figure to get this kit running. We’ll be using a Samsung SSD 950 Pro 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD ($322.57), G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) 1866MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM kit ($39.22) and Windows 10 Pro ($98.90). That puts the build cost at right around $990, so you can expect to spend right around a grand if you want load this up with a high-end M.2 PCIe SSD with NVMe support and a decent memory kit.
    image: http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-conte...00-645x378.jpg
    The Key Components Included In The GB-BSi7-6500 Box

The Gigabyte BRIX S models come with a VESA mounting bracket and mounting screws for that and 2.5-inch drive if you are getting an applicable model. You also get a driver disk and an owners manual, but the important things are pictured above. That would be the BRIX unit itself, the 3-prong mickey-mouse power cable and the 65 Watt FSP Group AC to DC power adapter (model FSP065-REBN2). The external power brick measures 108 x 49.2 x 30mm in size and meets Energy Star EPS2.0/ErP lot 7 specifications.
    image: http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-conte...00-645x484.jpg
    Dual USB 3.0 Ports & Audio In/Out Are Located On The Front Panel

The front panel on the BRIX has two USB 3.0 ports as well as standard sized jacks for your headset and microphone. Gigabyte is using a Realtek ALC255 audio codec The power button is the black triangular shaped button on the top housing cover. The power button features a white LED light that isn’t too bright, which is a good thing as we didn’t see an option to disable it in the BIOS/UEFI.
    image: http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-conte...ck-645x429.jpg
    The Rear I/O Panel and CPU Cooler Hot Air Exhaust Vent

The unit features an HDMI 1.4a port and a Mini DisplayPort 1.2 for display connectivity. This means that this model of the BRIX supports a maximum display resolution of 3840×2160 at 60Hz on the Mini DP and 4096×2160 at 24Hz on the HDMI. This model features Intel HD Graphics 520, so the refresh rate might be an issue as you won’t be gaming at Ultra HD resolutions on this system with integrated graphics! You also have two more USB 3.0 ports, the RJ45 Gigabit ethernet port for the Intel i219V controller, kensington lock and the power port.
    image: http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-conte...om-645x481.jpg
    4 Philips Screws In The Feet Give You Access To The BRIX S Guts

On the bottom of the unit you’ll find four rubber feet that have Philips screws inside them that hold the bottom cover onto the BRIX. You can also make out the two screw holes in the middle of the cover for the standard VESA mounts that supports both 75 x 75 and 100 x 100 mm mounting configurations.

Let’s take a look inside the Gigabyte GB-BSi7H-6500 BRIX S Ultra Compact PC Kit!

Toda a review:
    http://www.legitreviews.com/gigabyte...EiUGklBO2jW.99

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSI Vortex G65 6QF System Review

The design of MSI Vortex clearly borrows a fair amount from the latest Apple Mac Pro, however there is more to this tiny powerhouse of a PC than meets the eye. Apple packs a Xeon and dual AMD FirePro GPUs inside the Mac Pro and aims directly at the workstation market but MSI has gone for the fun side of things and is targeting Vortex at gamers.
    The hardware consists of an Intel Core i7-6700K CPU, a pair of desktop GTX 980 graphics chips, each with 8GB of GDDR5 memory, 16GB of DDR4-2133MHz memory and a pair of M.2 SSDs in RAID 0. That sort of hardware promises a stonking level of performance and would be interesting if it came in a regular tower case so the fact it is packaged in a tiny chassis with a volume of only 6.5 litres is truly remarkable.
    In addition to this 6QF model with dual GTX 980 graphics, MSI also lists model 6QD with dual GTX 960 in SLI.

Watch via our VIMEO Channel (Below) or over on YouTube at 1080p60 HERE

MSI Vortex G65 6QF Specification:
    Processor Type: Intel Core i7-6700K
    Chipset: Intel Z170
    Memory: 16GB DDR4-2133MHz in dual channel (up to 64GB)
    Solid State Drive: 2x 128GB NVMe M.2 SSD using PCIe Gen3 x4 in RAID 0
    Hard Drive Supplied: 1x 1TB 2.5-inch drive
    Graphics: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 8GB GDDR5 in SLI
    LAN Card: Dual Killer E2400 LAN
    Wireless NIC: Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (2*2, a/b/g/n/ac)
    Bluetooth: v4.1
    USB 3.0 Ports: 4x Type-A
    USB 3.1 Ports: 2x Type-C
    HDMI Ports: 2x v1.4
    Mini Display Ports: 2x v1.2
    Mic-in/Headphone-out 1/1 plus SPDIF Out x1
    Power: 450W 80 Plus Gold Certificated power supply
    Dimensions 191.7mm deep x 202.5mm wide x 278mm high
    Weight: 4kg
    Volume: 6.5 litres
    Warranty: 2 Years
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home
    As you can see in our video and photos above, the MSI Vortex G65 6QF is built around a central chimney or cooling duct. Air is drawn in at the bottom of the chassis and passes over three heat exchangers (one for the CPU and each of the GPUs) before the hot air is exhausted at the top. From what we can see of the cooling system the fan or turbine in the centre of the chassis measures approximately 140mm diameter.
    We like the understated styling of the MSI Vortex however the compact nature of the hardware makes it inevitable that all of the I/O are on one side which is, logically, the rear. Assuming you want the power cord, display connections and network cable to lead away from you it follows that you won’t be able to plug in a USB flash drive or headset without a bit of a struggle.
    This is a shame because the I/O panel is well worth a good look as it packs a truly impressive level of connectivity with four USB 3.0, two USB 3.1 type C, dual Gigabit Ethernet, dual HDMI and dual Mini DisplayPort.
    Using the MSI Vortex is a very pleasurable experience, although there is a certain amount of annoyance as Norton Security is installed and pops up with various warnings that seem rather unnecessary. Apart from that minor point the Vortex is exactly as snappy and responsive as you would expect, which is pretty darn fast.
    Testing

To put MSI Vortex through its paces we use AIDA64 to create the maximum heat output the Core i7 and GTX 980s are ever likely to experience. In game play the MSI Vortex delivered the 1080p frame rates that we expected and there were no surprises whatsoever. You can, of course, play games at 1080p on pretty much any settings that you choose.

At 4K we saw something rather unusual with 3D Mark and gaming frame rates dropping by an average of 15 percent when compared against the MSI GT80 Titan with dual GTX980’s in SLi. We checked the GTX 980 GPUs as they idle at a lower speed than standard but run at the correct 1202MHz under load.
    The curious thing is that the MSI Vortex only draws 370W in 3D Mark at the wall socket which means the 450W power supply is sensibly over-specified. 370W doesn’t sound like much power for a Core i7 and pair of GTX 980s and the explanation, as far as we can see, is that the graphics use a PCI Express 2.0 x8 interface which is presumably restricting bandwidth a little at 4k resolutions.

The temperatures of the CPU and GPUs are slightly warmer than we usually expect to see however it is clear that MSI has balanced the size of the chassis and the level of cooling airflow to keep everything under control. When the CPU is working hard it hits 80 or 81 degrees but a synthetic stress test can push the CPU to 90 degrees.
    This isn’t a problem but instead highlights the hard work that MSI has invested to pack a high end gaming PC inside a tiny piece of hardware. We used the Dragon Centre software to overclock the CPU to 4.6GHz but saw no useful benefit and didn’t much fancy drawing another 20W of power when it is the graphics side of things that needs a helping hand, rather than the processor.
    Acoustics performance.
    At idle the MSI Vortex is effectively silent but it soon becomes audible when it is working hard and the cooling air starts to flow. The noise doesn’t becomes intrusive or annoying but it is worth remembering the Vortex is likely to be located on your desk where any level of noise will be quite apparent.
    Closing Thoughts.

MSI has done a fine job with the Vortex G65 6QF and it is great to see a tiny PC that can double up as a gaming PC and a work machine. As you would expect the combination of a Core i7-6700K and dual GTX 980 graphics hauls along at a furious rate.
    Nonetheless we were surprised to see there is clearly a restriction in graphics performance at 4k, perhaps due to the PCI Express interface. This impacts on 4K gaming but isn’t the end of the world as the focus here is the tiny chassis, low noise levels and extraordinary portability of this tiny PC.

We are impressed by the number of USB ports and consider the two USB 3.1 type C connections to be a major bonus as they should provide plenty of scope for adding peripherals and external devices such as more storage. If you don’t want the hassle of an Ethernet cable you can easily connect the MSI Vortex with the integrated Wi-Fi.
    Using the Dragon Centre software to change the LED light patterns and colours in the casing of the Vortex was curiously pleasing.
    The biggest downside of the MSI Vortex is the price. Adding up the high end gaming hardware gives us a total cost around the £2000 mark. Clearly MSI has had to do some serious development work to pack the components inside this tiny chassis but even so a price of £2999 is a lot to swallow. If they managed to get the price down to £2,499 it would be a more appealing proposition.
    Discuss on our Facebook page, over HERE.
    Pros:

• Tiny 6.5 litre form factor.
    • Superb 1080p gaming performance.
    • Smart styling, love the LED lighting.
    • Highly portable.
    • Loads of USB 3.0 and 3.1 connectivity.
    • Killer Combo Wi-Fi and LAN.
    • Blazing fast PCIe NVMe SSD in RAID.
    • 1TB hard drive for bulk storage.
    • Dragon Centre software is useful.

Cons:

• Graphics performance suffers at 4K.
    • No front I/O connections.
    • High price.

KitGuru says: MSI Vortex is a tiny gaming powerhouse but it comes at quite a price.

Review:
    http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/le...system-review/

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stealth Introduces LPC-175F Extreme Temperature Range IPC

Stealth.com, a leader in the industrial rugged computer and peripherals market has released the new model LPC-175F, an Ultra Small Fanless Mini PC featuring wide range temperature operation and designed for a variety of demanding applications. Designed for wide range temperature operation -20 to 70C (14 to 158F) the LPC-175F Fanless Mini PC is an excellent choice for industrial and commercial applications which include, Embedded Control, Digital Signs, Interactive Kiosks, Thin-Clients, and Human/Machine Interface applications.

Barely larger than a deck of playing cards (3.30" x 5.71" x 1.38") the LPC-175F Ultra Small Fanless Mini PC provides low power consumption and completely silent operation. The LPC-175F operates from an external 12VDC power adapter or can be connected to an external DC source making it ideal for mobile and remote applications. "The LPC-175F is one of the smallest computers we have offered to date featuring a small form factor that can operate in multiple environments. We continue to enhance our portfolio with the high-quality, dependable products our customers have come to expect." stated Louis Houde, Business Unit Director of Stealth.com.

The LPC-175F computer operates without noisy cooling fans which could draw in dirt and dust potentially causing catastrophic failures. SSD (Solid State Drives) are also utilized to meet extreme temperatures, high vibration, high humidity, as well as high altitude specifications. Systems are compatible with Microsoft Windows, Linux, etc and can be custom configured to meet the exact needs of the OEM or end user.

Stealth products are ideal for demanding applications within the Industrial, Commercial, Scientific Research, Military, Marine, Public Safety, Utility, Transportation, Mining and Telecommunications markets. Basic configurations of the Ultra Small Fanless Mini PC start at $1,095.00 USD and is shipping now.

Product Features
    • Rugged Low Profile Design
    • No noise, Fanless design for silent operation
    • Wide Range Temperature Operation,
    • 20 to 70C (14 to 158F)
    • Ultra Small Form Factor,
    • Only 3.30" x 5.71" x 1.38" in size
    • Solid State Hard Drives (SSD) standard
    • Intel Quad-Core E3845 processor, 1.91GHz
    • 12 VDC Operation, Ideal for Mobile/Field
    • 1x RS232 Serial, 2x USB 2.0, 2x Gigabit LAN & 1x VGA Video
    • Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7 & Linux Compatible
    Noticia:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/221667/st...ture-range-ipc

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shuttle’s New 4K-capable Mini PC Offers Amazing Value For Money In UK

Shuttle Inc., the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of Small Form Factor (SFF) computers, today announces the launch of their newest XPC cube, the 13-liter SH110R4. This compact but surprisingly powerful PC supports Intel’s new 6th generation Core (Skylake) processing technology. Offering impressive performance, the SH110R4 supports 4K Ultra HD visuals* and is designed to be used for home computing, office computing, or gaming.
    The SH110R4 sports the new LGA 1151 socket and comes with an Intel® H110 chipset. It can be fitted with dual-channel DDR4-2133 memory up to a maximum capacity of 32GB (16GB x 2). This Mini PC also supports Intel® Gigabit LAN, SATA 6Gbps, and USB3.0 high-speed storage interfaces, providing superb data transfer speed. Thanks to its powerful support Intel® 6th generation Core™, Pentium® and Celeron® and integrated video adapter, this PC supports the ultra-high resolutions of 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160) video playback. With one DisplayPort and one HDMI or VGA port, the SH110R4 is capable of supporting dual simultaneous displays.*
    This XPC cube features great expandability and connectivity, including a built-in M.2 2280/2260/2242 Type M slot for high-speed SSDs and one M.2 2230 Type A/E slot for devices like WiFi cards, etc. It also includes robust I/O interfaces: four USB3.0 ports, four USB2.0 ports, and one PS/2 port for joy sticks, keyboards, mice, and card readers. In addition, one PCI-E x16 slot and one PCI-E x1 slot makes the SH110R4 flexible enough to meet a wide range of needs, with support for multi-display graphics cards, monitor cards, RAID cards, professional sound cards, and more. Users can even choose to upgrade the Shuttle mainboard with a different Mini-ITX motherboard without needing to modify the chassis.
    Shuttle’s I.C.E 2™ cooling engine utilizes heat-pipe tech to keep the SH110R4 cool. An 80 Plus Bronze 300W power supply delivers guaranteed energy efficiency and energy saving. This superior cooling system and power supply make the SH110R4 very quiet and stable, for long-term operation. The front of this Mini PC’s chassis is easily customized by simply changing the acrylic front plate. Users can add any design, such as a photo, graphic, or company logo to the front panel.
    *Specifications vary depending on model.
    Price and Availability
    The SH110R4 is available in Ebuyer, CCL Computers, iCubes, Ambros, Ballicom. Shuttle’s MSRP for SH110R4 is £172.

Noticia:
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/2016/0...r-money-in-uk/

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intel shows off Skylake Core M compute stick

The mystery of the strange pricing

Intel has been seen pushing a new prototype TV stick with Core M (Skylake) and Intel Realsense F200 camera.

At the moment it is nuclease what the amount of memory and storage support the new Compute Stick will have. It has a fan for the dissipation of internal heat produced by the components with the objective of optimal operation of the device even "under load.”
    There are two USB ports (one of which is USB 3.0), a mini HDMI, microUSB for the power supply and a power button. On one side, leaning, we find the bedroom Intel Realsense F200, which will be useful primarily for Windows Hello, and for the recognition of gestures, but whose integration has increased the dimensions of the stick.
    But there is some strangeness about Intel’s approach to its Compute Stick product. Intel has stuck its latest Core M based Compute Stick on pre-order and it just strikes us that it is a bit pricy for what you get.
    Its price is $300 for the FreeDOS version and about $400 for the one with Windows 10 and both are based on an Intel Core M3-6Y30, with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of ROM. Intel is offering a more powerful one based on a Core M5-6Y57 but that will cost you $500.
    The latest Core M chip based is a good low powered chip but it does not cost Intel that much to make, so why is Chipzilla releasing gear which is so over-priced?
    We expect to see Chinese manufacturers buying up a job lot of these and creating their own Compute Sticks for a lot cheaper than Intel’s version. It is unlikely that Intel will lose any sleep if they do this, after all they seem to be going out of their way to encourage OEM’s to come up with their own designs, but why create a product and then price yourself out of the market?
    Noticia:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/news/noteboo...-compute-stick

Gigabyte releases Thunderbolt gear mini-PC

All in all you are another BRIX in the Wall

Gigabyte has released four new compact PCs with Intel’s Thunderbolt 3 over USB Type-C supported.

Dubbed the BRIX GB-BSi5T-6200, GB-BSi5HT-6200, GB-BSi7T-6500 and GB-BSi7HT-6500, they feature the latest Intel 6th generation Core processors.
    The ultra-compact PC are decked out in brushed aluminium. They are being designed as HTPC/multimedia hub, ultra-low power PC or as a digital signage unit.
    The new Thunderbolt 3 protocol, which is available over a USB Type-Cconnector on the back panel of the GIGABYTE BRIX T models, brings an single-wire bandwidth of up to 40 Gb/s – double the previous generation of Thunderbolt.
    It supports protocols such as DisplayPort 1.2 means it can drive a 4K resolution display at 60 FPS, and USB 3.1. It is also backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. Thunderbolt 3 over USB Type-C can daisy-chain up to six devices.
    These BRIX units have 10Gb/s USB3.1 Gen. 2 protocol over the new reversible USB Type-C port. These use 4 PCIe Gen. three lanes. We are assured that there will not be a huge lorry going at 50mph in the middle lane.
    Gigabyte said that this spec does not need an additional graphics card, and it can manage multiple displays easily. The press release did not mention price but we expect the i5 version to appear on the US market for about $480 without the hardrive or RAM.
    Noticia:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/news/noteboo...t-gear-mini-pc

Registo
    Nov 2013
    Local
    City 17
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    InFocus unveils the Kangaroo Mobile Desktop Pro

InFocus garnered has a good deal of attention with its line of mini PCs, the $100 Kangaroo PC and more powerful $170 Kangaroo Plus. Now the company is adding a Pro version which is virtually identical to the original $100 model, but comes with a new Pro Dock that offers more options for connecting storage, displays, and networks.
    The smartphone-sized PC measures about 4.9″ x 3.2″ x 0.5″ and features an Intel Atom x5-Z8500 Cherry Trail processor, 2GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal storage, a built-in four-hour battery, and a fingerprint reader for Windows Hello. While that's not an incredibly powerful setup it will do just fine for light day to day computing tasks.
    The dock, however, is much bigger this time around to make space for a VGA, an HDMI, and an Ethernet port, along with one USB 3.0, two USB 2.0 and a headphone jack. Users can also unscrew the dock’s bottom plate and install a 2.5-inch internal hard drive.
    You can use the original Kangaroo with the new Dock Pro, though unfortunately InFocus is not selling the new Dock Pro separately.
    The company also updated its accompanying app which allows an iPad to serve as a screen for the Kangaroo, adding support for the iPhone as well -- though running Windows 10 on an iPhone display will likely be far from an enjoyable experience.
    The Kangaroo Mobile Desktop Pro starts at $199.99 and will be available from Amazon, Newegg and Microsoft Store.
    Noticia:
    http://www.techspot.com/news/64456-i...sktop-pro.html

Página 6 de 6 PrimeiroPrimeiro ... 456

Informação da Thread