Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    41 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de SleepyFilipy Ver Post
    Esses 7nm chegando a mainstream... Drool...
    Lá para 2024....
    Ideias sem Nexo e Provas do Tráfico de Hardware
    "que personifica o destino, equilíbrio e vingança divina." Dejá vú. Que cena!

Tech Bencher Avatar de reiszink
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AMD confirms 7nm GPUs are coming to gamers

Lisa Su confirmed 7nm GPUs will enter graphics card market. This ultimately ends the speculation on what will happen after Vega.

Vega architecture is probably here to stay, for at least another year. The Instinct variant will be available in the second half of this year. No word about 7nm Radeon RX availability though.
    Intel i7 5820K - ASRock X99M Killer - 16GB G.Skill DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 - Plextor M6e 256GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - Corsair H110 - EVGA G3 750W - Acer 27" 144Hz IPS - Zowie EC2-A - Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - HyperX Cloud II Pro

Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realmente temos uma redução considerável de tamanho com os 7nm.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nada que já não estejamos habituados, a AMD conseguiu a proeza de superar o milking do G92.
    Intel i7 5820K - ASRock X99M Killer - 16GB G.Skill DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 - Plextor M6e 256GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - Corsair H110 - EVGA G3 750W - Acer 27" 144Hz IPS - Zowie EC2-A - Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - HyperX Cloud II Pro

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AMD Radeon Pro V340 with two Vega 10 GPUs surfaces online

Some specs have been spotted on the AMD Radeon Pro V340, a graphics card intended for the professional segment of the market, interesting fact: it has 32GB HBM2 and has been fitted with two Vega GPU's.
    The slide was published by Benchlife, the card is intended for designers, the oil and gas industry and the likes e.g. the professional market. Now, there has been a bit of confusion, as to that 32 GB HBM2 making some believe this would be VEGA20 (at 7nm).

That's not the case, let me explain. A single Vega 10 holds a maximum of either 8GB or 16GB HBM2 spread over two 4GB or 8GB packages per chip so that 32GB would make you think that the Radeon Pro V340 could be a Vega 20 GPU at 7nm, with 4096bit instead of 2048bit-bus right? Not it's 16GB HBM2, per GPU. There are two GPUs, thus that's how they got to 32GB HBM2, quick and easy.

Videocardz mentions that this Pro V340 has been found in the drivers as '"AMD Radeon Pro V340 MxGPU', which confirmes it is Multi-GPU. See it as a frontier edition times two.

Master Business & GPU Man Avatar de Enzo
    Registo
    Jan 2015
    Local
    País Campeão Euro 2016
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    41 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voltamos aos dual-gpu? Pensei que isso estava extinto....

Tech Membro
    Registo
    Apr 2014
    Local
    Porto
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dual GPU e 850W Gold PSU
    Be Cool, Be Nice Like Me & You

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repara que é apenas para profissionais.
    Tanto a AMD como a nVidia andam a matar aos poucos o SLI e Crossfire para gamers.
    Este tipo de coisas agora é mais uma feature para o mercado profissional.

Master Business & GPU Man Avatar de Enzo
    Registo
    Jan 2015
    Local
    País Campeão Euro 2016
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    41 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quem diria né? Antes era quase mainstream e faziam guerras entre eles...

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Não é algo confirmado pela própria AMD, mas realmente ajuda a explicar o porquê do Vega ter ficado abaixo das expectativas e também explica o porque do Raja ter saído tão cedo da AMD.

Sources: AMD Created Navi For Sony's PlayStation 5, Vega Suffered

No, Sony didn't counter Microsoft with a brief announcement of the PlayStation 5 at its annual E3 event, but some fascinating details have emerged about the PS5, its graphics solution and just how involved in the process AMD was this time around. This isn't just a story for eager console gamers, either. It's part of a larger narrative about AMD's identity and its semi-custom chip business.
    Speaking to industry sources this week under conditions of anonymity, I've learned that the PS5 will use both AMD's Zen and Navi graphics architectures. What isn't clear is whether the PS5 will incorporate a beefy SoC (system on a chip) or use separate Ryzen and Navi-based components.

Right now little is known about AMD's Navi graphics architecture, other than the fact it will use the 7nm process. That detail, however, is important. As it has done numerous times with its semi-custom clients, AMD has a solid history of developing integrated and discrete GPUs with low power envelopes perfect for a console.

Which brings us to, in my eyes, the more interesting revelation. According to my sources, Navi isn't just inside the Sony PS5; it was created for Sony. The vast majority of AMD and Sony's Navi collaboration took place while Raja Koduri -- Radeon Technologies Group boss and chief architect -- was at AMD.
    Koduri joined up with Intel late last year as chief architect for its new Core and Visual Computing Group.
    But the collaboration came at the expense of Radeon RX Vega and other in-development projects. Allegedly, Koduri saw up to a massive 2/3 of his engineering team devoted exclusively to Navi against his wishes, which resulted in a final RX Vega product Koduri was displeased with as resources and engineering hours were much lower than anticipated. As I mention in my companion report, the implication is that AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su wanted to devote more energy into its semi-custom business than its desktop graphics division.
    Taken as a solitary piece of news, this may sound borderline ridiculous. But when zooming out to a wider angle -- as I did today analyzing AMD's history of consumer graphics products and its semi-custom business -- it fits like a glove. The same sources who spoke to me about the PS5 had more to say about AMD's business motivations with Apple, Microsoft and Sony in the link below.

Beyond that, RX Vega has failed to find traction in the market. AMD launched its "Frontier Edition" of Vega that was a confusing (if sexy) hybrid between professional graphics and gaming. This was done before its dedicated RX gaming version to satisfy a promise that Vega would reach consumers within the deadline AMD promised.
    Pull on that thread and it sheds more light on Vega's troubled development, due to the majority of Koduri's engineering team being swiped away not just to work on Navi, but to work on Navi for Sony.
    On a related note, a new rumor emerged recently about Navi for desktop being merely a midrange part and not competing with Nvidia's high-end GeForce cards. That makes perfect sense if it was developed primarily for a console first.
    The other interesting aspect to all of this is that my sources never mentioned Microsoft in the Navi conversations. This is pure speculation, but maybe Microsoft's next Xbox devices -- code-named "Scarlett" -- won't use Navi at all. Perhaps it will use a separate semi-custom solution incorporating Vega, or something else entirely that we're not privy to. Either way, the conversations I had referred to Navi in the past tense, as if it was already finished.
    Perhaps Sony is closer to a PS5 than Microsoft is to a next-generation Xbox?
    I've reached out to AMD and Sony for any further comments or clarification.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retirar a maior parte dos recursos destinados aos produtos para PC em prol das consolas e projectar a próxima arquitectura com foco também nas consolas, a ser verdade, é basicamente a AMD a admitir a sua incapacidade em competir com a Nvidia.
    Última edição de reiszink : 16-06-18 às 11:28

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Verdade seja dita, a AMD não tem muitos recursos e com a Sony a injectar dinheiro no desenvolvimento da Navi, teve de fazer umas escolha.
    No entanto, uma boa gráfica nas consolas, será uma boa gráfica no PC. Afinal de contas as consolas actuais não passam de um PC disfarçado, com um OS proprietário e fechado.

Mesmo assim, deve ter sido lixado para o Raja ter sido atirado para debaixo do autocarro e levar com as culpas todas pelo falhanço da Vega.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O Administrador Avatar de LPC
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boas!
    Não me surpreende nada que isso seja mesmo assim...

Eles devem estar a apostar na actual arquitectura mas com um die shrink, permitir menores consumos e calor, e ao mesmo tempo optimizar o que já existe...

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    My Specs: .....
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D :-: Board: MSI B550M BAZOOKA :-: RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade 3600 Mhz CL16 :-: Storage: Kingston NV2 NVMe 2 TB + Kingston NV2 NVMe 1 TB
    CPU Cooling Solution: ThermalRight Frost Commander 140 Black + ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM :-: PSU: Corsair HX 1200 WATTS
    Case: NZXT H6 FLOW :-: Internal Cooling: 4x ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + 4x ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM
    GPU: SAPPHIRE
    NITRO+ AMD RADEON RX 7800 XT - 16 GB :-: Monitor: BenQ EW3270U 4K HDR

Página 33 de 40 PrimeiroPrimeiro ... 233132333435 ... ÚltimoÚltimo

Informação da Thread