Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suposto leak do conteudo do próximo update.

BFV Data Mining: Named Locations for "Mercury" & "Marita" plus a Basic Tutorial for New Players & some thoughts on "Sicily" | Bonus: Possible Expansion to Firestorm's map Halvøy in the Future?

Basic Training

DICE is going to introduce a tutorial mission (accessible from the main menu) for "new players" which explains the basics of how to play Conquest and is narrated by Lars Gustavsson (producer at DICE).

It covers various gameplay details:

• All classes and their roles in Battlefield V
    • How to capture objectives (you do that with an AI controlled squad)
    • How to take out a tank with a Panzerfaust and which weak spots to target
    • Supply stations, ticket system and redeploy explanation

A bit late to the party but okay...

Mercury and Marita

A few named locations (probably) for the upcoming maps "Mercury" and "Marita" have been added with the latest patches.
    I can't match all of them but you don't have to a genius to get that "Beach Appartments" belong to "Mercury" with its beautiful beach side.
    And if I'm not mistaken you can use one (or more) old cannons (a BF4 naval map had one of those too if I remember correctly) and a radar station which spots enemies nearby on those maps. At least these gameplay concepts are present and located "near" both maps in the files.

Named Locations:

• AIRFIELD EAST
    • AIRFIELD
    • AIRFIELD WEST
    • BASE CLIFFS
    • CLIFFSIDE ROAD
    • BASE ROAD
    • SUPPLY DOCKS
    • UPPER RIDGE
    • POULOS HOUSE
    • EAST GROVE
    • OLIVE GROVE
    • WEST GROVE
    • COVE
    • SLAUGHTER GULCH
    • SATELLITE
    • MIDDLE RIDGE
    • RUNOFF
    • UPPER VILLAGE
    • COURTYARD
    • VILLAGE
    • FISHING DOCKS
    • ANCIENT ROAD
    • RUINS NORTH
    • BEACHFRONT
    • RUINS WEST
    • BEACH APARTMENTS
    • RUINS EAST
    • RADAR

Invasion of Sicily: Operation Husky

The "mysterious" Sicily Map(s)

Talking about maps I got quite a few messages with questions about some previous "leaks" regarding "Sicily". Let's hear it from the developers first:

Jaqub Ajmal (DICE Stockholm) said on Twitter about the appearance:
    "Battlefield V - Please note that the "Sicily" text in the friend's menu is a bug and does not hint at things coming in the future."

Julian Manolov (DICE LA) further added:
    "I am as much puzzled as everyone else and just ran a search in our entire BFV dev data for this and found no assets with sicily in the names. Someone pulled off an interesting prank it seems"

Especially the last statement left me a bit skeptical because when I do a search for "Sicily" I get at least three entries in the game files for not only one but Sicily maps including:

• online rich present entries with a correct usage of prefixes ("mp" for "multiplayer" - so it's not linked to the 5v5 mode) and ids lower then Fjell - so it's in there for quite a while
    • various strings and their approrpiate translations into other languages like french or german

This is all present up to this day and no one seems to care that there are some kind of rogue map entries floating around in the code.
    Back in February "Casquets" showed up the same way but on this finding no one wanted to comment at all. Today we know that this will be a map for the upcoming 5v5 mode.
    We'll see if "Sicily" is just a myth or not but Hagiographer summarized it on Twitter almost perfectly in my opinion:
    "One of those rare historically appropriate, contextually relevant, and perfectly spelled bugs."

Firestorm

While managing the coordinates of spawn locations I came across the idea that the Firestorm map seems to be cut horizontally and we're currently just playing the lower half of it.
    It is a bit tricky to explain but basically every Battlefield map has a X and a Y axis for coordinates to determine positioning of objects. These axis are centered and cross each other in the middle of the map.

Please compare the coordinate system of a regular map ("Twisted Steel") with the one implemented on Halvøy:

Coordinate systems on Twistel Steel and Halvøy

Twisted Steel has perfectly centered lines as usual.
    And Halvøy? While Y axis is set to the middle of the map, the X axis isn't centered vertically. In fact it is loosely aligned to the upper border of the map.

Speculations:

• The original map is or was almnost twice as big (depending on the amount of water and mountains)
    • Firestorm's map will be be expanded in the north with new playable areas in the future
    • It is just a relict from earlier development stages and they didn't bother to do new coordinates
    • I had too much beer while doing the math and screwed up...
    • Your ideas?

Maybe Aleksander Grøndal's statement on Twitter ("Funny thing though. Even after Halvøys appearence, we’re not done with Norway just yet.") is referring to more than just the new map for the upcoming 5v5 mode...
    But even if this has no meaning at all I didn't want to bury it in a text file on my hard drive.

Update April 17th:
    On Twitter Dice Level Designer Matt Wagner shed some light on this topic and stated that it's perfectly normal for a map to not have its middle at 0/0 coordinates (he mentioned Devastation as an example). I got the info about the center being at 0/0 from an a modding community (BF2) who helped me with the tier 3 loot locations, too. Appearantly things have changed during all those years so I guess we can bury this idea for now. Thanks Matt!

Tech Bencher Avatar de reiszink
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Novo mapa a partir de 30 de Maio.

Intel i7 5820K - ASRock X99M Killer - 16GB G.Skill DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 - Plextor M6e 256GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - Corsair H110 - EVGA G3 750W - Acer 27" 144Hz IPS - Zowie EC2-A - Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - HyperX Cloud II Pro

Moderador Avatar de Winjer
    Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Estes gajos da Dice agora são mesmo baldas. Em 9 meses apenas um mapa novo.
    Só se preocupam com skins e microtransações.

O Administrador Avatar de LPC
    Registo
    Mar 2013
    Local
    Multiverso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    31 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citação Post Original de Winjer Ver Post
    Estes gajos da Dice agora são mesmo baldas. Em 9 meses apenas um mapa novo.
    Só se preocupam com skins e microtransações.
    Boas!
    Se achas que esse jogo vai mal... o Anthem.... LOL... já parece mais morto que o Cavaco Silva...

Cumprimentos,

LPC
    My Specs: .....
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D :-: Board: MSI B550M BAZOOKA :-: RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade 3600 Mhz CL16 :-: Storage: Kingston NV2 NVMe 2 TB + Kingston NV2 NVMe 1 TB
    CPU Cooling Solution: ThermalRight Frost Commander 140 Black + ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM :-: PSU: Corsair HX 1200 WATTS
    Case: NZXT H6 FLOW :-: Internal Cooling: 4x ThermalRight TL-C12B-S 12CM PWM + 4x ThermalRight TL-C14C-S 14CM PWM
    GPU: SAPPHIRE
    NITRO+ AMD RADEON RX 7800 XT - 16 GB :-: Monitor: BenQ EW3270U 4K HDR

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimamente a EA anda de desgraça em desgraça.
    Não tarde nada apenas faz o Fifa e o Madden, todos os anos....

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Este trailer mexeu um pouco com o bichinho de voltar a pegar nisto!

5 mapas novos, um deles tipo Operation Metro.

Intel i7 5820K - ASRock X99M Killer - 16GB G.Skill DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 - Plextor M6e 256GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - Corsair H110 - EVGA G3 750W - Acer 27" 144Hz IPS - Zowie EC2-A - Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - HyperX Cloud II Pro

Tech Membro Avatar de Nirvana91
    Registo
    Jun 2013
    Local
    Lisboa
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update Gratuíto?

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sim, não existem DLCs pagos, os updates agora são para todos!

Tech Membro Avatar de Nirvana91
    Registo
    Jun 2013
    Local
    Lisboa
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sou gajo para comprar isso então.

Registo
    Feb 2013
    Local
    Santo Tirso
    Likes (Dados)
    Likes (Recebidos)
    Avaliação
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compra antes o Rainbow Six Siege, que está agora em promoção na UPlay, Steam e num monte de lojas. Aliás, até podes jogar de forma gratuita nos próximos dias.
    Tem muito mais conteúdo, muitos menos bugs e problemas, mais gente a jogar, tem mais variedade nas formas de jogar e até os items cosméticos são muito melhores e mais variados.

Página 20 de 20 PrimeiroPrimeiro ... 10181920

Informação da Thread